Xtreamer Prodigy 3D Problems / BUG - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Xtreamer Prodigy claims to play 3D. However, this does not seem to be true in case of a HDMI 1.3 projector. Most 3D HomeCinema projectors nowadays do support HDMI 1.3, but few do support the new HDMI 1.4

The Prodigy is not able to recognize the capabilities of 3D of a HDMI 1.3 projector, and as such does switch the 3D menu off. There is no way to manualy switch the 3D settings from off to on.

Bug was reported to Xtreamer, via email and via their forum. They behaved very unpleasant, and did censor my feedback on their product from their forum. Athough the problem is simple and easy to verify, they wanted al kind of test information. You would expect a normal reply, and hopefully an on/off 3D menu option.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo 999 View Post

The Xtreamer Prodigy claims to play 3D. However, this does not seem to be true in case of a HDMI 1.3 projector. Most 3D HomeCinema projectors nowadays do support HDMI 1.3, but few do support the new HDMI 1.4

The Prodigy is not able to recognize the capabilities of 3D of a HDMI 1.3 projector, and as such does switch the 3D menu off. There is no way to manualy switch the 3D settings from off to on.

Bug was reported to Xtreamer, via email and via their forum. They behaved very unpleasant, and did censor my feedback on their product from their forum. Athough the problem is simple and easy to verify, they wanted al kind of test information. You would expect a normal reply, and hopefully an on/off 3D menu option.....

What version of firmware is in your unit?

Perhaps the new Beta firmware 1.0.3.5 will work differently. Flashing from other brands is allowed on these Realtek 1186 based boxes, though be sure you have the firmware specific to your brand of unit before doing this, in case a restore is desired.

Link to new Beta firmware 1.0.3.5 from the Himedia company
http://dl.himedia-tech.cn/HD900B/HD900_1.0.3.5.tar.gz

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
post #3 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo 999 View Post

The major issue with the Prodigy 3D is, that it does not playback 3D BD ISOs generated by Sony Vegas or by Cyberlinks PD10. No 3D Blu Ray Player has an issue with those ISOs.

Same story here: the issue was reported from a lot of experienced user in the Xtreamer forum, test-isos was loaded up - but no reaction from the company that this bug will be fixed. We know that it is not the processor - since the iconbit with the same processor is able to playback such isos.

So from that side, the Prodigy 3D is a nice player - for 2D footage. Forget it for 3D footage.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #4 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post

The major issue with the Prodigy 3D is, that it does not playback 3D BD ISOs generated by Sony Vegas or by Cyberlinks PD10. No 3D Blu Ray Player has an issue with those ISOs.

Same story here: the issue was reported from a lot of experienced user in the Xtreamer forum, test-isos was loaded up - but no reaction from the company that this bug will be fixed. We know that it is not the processor - since the iconbit with the same processor is able to playback such isos.

So from that side, the Prodigy 3D is a nice player - for 2D footage. Forget it for 3D footage.

I found the Iconbit does not work in my setup(vip displayer). Cannot get 3D at all. Has trouble with a lot of files and the files it plays are only 2D. Have thhe latest firmware installed. I also have the Himedia and it works in my setup.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

I use the new beta release 3.0.3.
Company has promised to come up with a new formal release 3.5 within a few weeks, but no change in version number still....
post #6 of 10 Old 02-11-2012, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Okay...

Please confirm the make and model number of your projector?
Please confirm the make and model number of your 3D glasses and IR emitter

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Model number of the projector is the 3D ready HDMI 1.3 120Hz Infocus 146IN
Projecter runs lovely in 3D on 120Hz with PC

Glasses are 3D-Link. This actualy has no influence because Side-By-Side video is not even set in 3D mode by the Prodigy. As the 3D mode is not switched on, you do not need 3D glasses, that's the problem....!

Xtreamer Prodigy is is running of the 3.03 beta firmware release

Xtreamer has been informed, and you would expect them to be serious about this as they sell off the 3D capabilities. No answer from them....
Hopefully a new firmware release with a manual 3D on/off switch.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 AM

3.5rc10 firmware when enabling 3D option shows "safety precautions" dialogue that covers most of the screen and cannot be removed. mad.gif
post #9 of 10 Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Really? I use the rc10 some time ago, and do not have that issue.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #10 of 10 Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM

My mistake! The warning is shown by TV, not Xtreamer Prodigy. Obviously using TV remote I can remove it. I feel stupid.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page