3d games & bluray w/hd audio using ps3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
like everyone else i have a 1.3 receiver that won't pass a 3d signal. I don't really care for 3d blurays @30$ a pop, I wouldn't mind playing a game game or 2 but not at the cost of losing hd audio for bluray playback

Proposed Solution: hdmi splitter 1-->directly to receiver for bluray playback 2--->hdmi to tv and optical to receiver for 3d gaming(no hd audio anyway).

I can setup my harmony one with 2 different commands 1 for watch a bluray the other for 3d gaming.

Before I plunk down 30$ are there any concessions to doing it this way or reasons why it wouldn't work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Depending on your AVR you may be able to pass 3d for games and VUDU 3d etc with the PS3. With my Onkyo 607 I was able to pass the signal for everything except for 3d blu ray through my reciever to my VIP gamer and then to my hd66. No problems. I finally wanted to upgrade to 3d Bluray so I ended up having to upgrade to a 609, but again if you do not care about this then try it. Are you passing to a 3d projector or do you have a processor in the middle.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It will work. I think you might have to program the Harmony to also change the setting in the PS3 to output the audio over optical cable vs. over HDMI. If I remember correctly, if you tell the PS3 to output over both simultaneously, it will not output surround signals through the optical. I'm pretty sure about that, but even so, it is not torture to change the PS3 setting together with the receiver setting.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page