Home Theater PC 3D Gaming problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I recently upgraded to a full-3d setup recently. I have a Samsung 58PNC7000 3D Plasma, Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver that is fully HDMI 1.4 compliant, and a Home Theater PC running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with a Gigabyte ATI HD 6950 video card and the Tridef DDD 3D software driver. The problem is that my TV always seems to be stuck at 24 frames per second if the game resolution is 1080p. I know that 1080p/24hz is the standard for 3D Blu-Ray movies, but the framerate should be much higher for gaming. Is it possible that I need to change a setting on the TV? Before I had my HDMI 1.4 receiver I had to use the iZ3d drivers in "Side-By-Side" mode and it worked really well. I was playing Half-Life 2 and the framerate was blazingly fast and the 3D looked incredible. Could this be an issue with the True Stereoscopic 3D mode that the Tridef software uses? I have tried their "Virtual 3D" mode and get the same choppy 24 frames per second. Any insight to this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This is a limitation of the current HDMI spec and there is no work around. Many people (including myself) are impatiently waiting for the manufacturers to build a PJ that will accept 3D @ 1080p60

I'm following this thread to keep track or progress:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1341547
Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So the iZ3D drivers sending 1080 60p in side by side should still work, or frame packed 720 60p if you are willing to trade resolution for frame rate. It is disappointing that frame packed 1080p 3D is currently stuck in choppy-vision 24p.