3dXL/VP3D1 question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
This may have been answered before, but do Either one of these units pass HD audio to a non-3D ready receiver?(ie. TXSR806)? Im wondering if I connect a 3D blu ray player to the box, and run the HDMI to the reciever, and then to the projector if it will work? Any thoughts? Or am I stuck with having to output directly from the 3D box to the projector and lose HD audio in the process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Very few recievers can handle the video put out by the 3DXL. 720p@120hz.... It is not in the normal HDTV spec at all.

You can do this with a Mitsu 3DA1 and even get 3D out the HDMI output of the AVR.

Basically, everybody I know is vey happy with Optical out of the source to the audio processor and HDMI straight to the display. You do undertsand the audio that comes off of Optical from a Blueray disk / disk play is a lot better than what you get off of optical from a DVD.

All serious scientific studies of this say human ears cannot hear the difference between Optical from a bluray disk / player and the HDMI connection from the same Bluray disk / player.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I must be one of those rare people that can hear the difference of Dolby True HD and DTS Master, to me it seems more impactful and rich. I wanted to make sure since I have a 3d ready projector and a 3d blu ray player, but a non 3d AVR. Thanks for the input.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAlam View Post

This may have been answered before, but do Either one of these units pass HD audio to a non-3D ready receiver?(ie. TXSR806)? Im wondering if I connect a 3D blu ray player to the box, and run the HDMI to the reciever, and then to the projector if it will work? Any thoughts? Or am I stuck with having to output directly from the 3D box to the projector and lose HD audio in the process?

You could use a dual hdmi output Blu ray player. That would allow you to send the HD audio to the AVR and the video to the demux.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

got the panasonic 310, problem solved. Thanks for the feedback everyone
Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
View Sonic 3d Hd Video Processor Vp3d1

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version