I thought I got a good deal......"Free Avatar 3D Blu-ray" .....BUT I'm a month late. - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > 3D Central > 3D Source Components > I thought I got a good deal......"Free Avatar 3D Blu-ray" .....BUT I'm a month late.

3D Source Components

steinfire's Avatar steinfire
02:02 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 4
04-11-2012 | Posts: 180
I saw where the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 was a good 3D Blu-ray player and found it yesterday at Best Buy on clearance. I saw the price and thought it was a good deal then I saw the little yellow sticker saying "Receive Avatar Blu-ray 3D by mail" and I thought .....whoo hoo

I asked the BB guy if this was still good and he said yea.

I have not opened the box yet and thought I'd check online to see what the details were and found out the deal ended Feb 29th 2012!!!!

I called Panasonic and Best Buy and they will not backdate it or honor it.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/pdf/rebates/18020.pdf

Quote:

Panasonic has once again expanded its Panasonic has expanded its Avatar 3D Blu-ray promotion. Now, if you purchase a qualifying Panasonic 3D Blu-ray player or home theater system between March 1, 2011, and February 29, 2012, you can receive a bonus copy of Avatar on Blu-ray, exclusively from Panasonic, after mail-in rebate.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5953

Should I keep the player and just suck it up on the NOT FREE Blu Ray disc or return it and look for a better 3D player? Why can't a company just include it in the box instead of making you mail off for it anyway?

stupid little yellow sticker!!!

Don Landis's Avatar Don Landis
02:11 PM Liked: 178
post #2 of 4
04-11-2012 | Posts: 11,324
I'd return it. I have one here and it sucks! I bought it for the Avatar too, a year ago. There are better players out there today.
07:56 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 4
04-11-2012 | Posts: 180
I paid $120 for the 3D blu ray player.....should I return it and get a newer/better one? I saw a 320 panny with the slot loader but I'm not sure about that crazy remote.

I have a older Sony that will play a blu ray after I load a standard DVD so I do need a replacement player and I picked up the 3D because I just bought a Panasonic 65GT30
04:48 PM Liked: 10
post #4 of 4
04-12-2012 | Posts: 180
Returned....I'm going to use my PS3 for 3D now and look out for other deals later.
Tags: Avatar 3d Blu Ray Collectors Edition
Reply 3D Source Components

Subscribe to this Thread