Panny BDT-310 No audio thru HDMI SUB??? Help please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just hung my Sony 3D projector (which I absolutely LOVE) and picked up a display model Panasonic BDT-310 at Best Buy. I connected the new BD player to my Integra DTC-9.8 processor but I cannot get audio from the Panny. I set the HDMI (Sub) to Video Off and set HDMI Audio output to "on" just as the manual states. I have tinkered between PCM and bitstream simply trying to get audio out of the processor, but to no avail. My PS3 remains connected and works fine through one of the processor's other HDMI inputs...and the video works fine with the 2nd HDMI input on the projector. But I can't watch 3D video and hear sound yet.

I did a quick search and saw somebody state that there may be a handshake issue with the Panasonic and Onkyo (Integra). Is this true? Does anybody have a suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Try bypassing the Onyko to see if it causing the problem.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Try bypassing the Onyko to see if it causing the problem.

I don't have an Onkyo. I have an Integra DTC-9.8 processor. It is working with other sources for audio but unfortunately not the Panny BDT-310.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Bob- I believe your Integra DTC-9.8 processor only supports hdmi 1.3a so you will not get audio and 3D video as that requires 1.4 HDMI. Before I upgraded to a fully compliant AVR with 1.4 HDMI I had to use the hdmi for 3D video only and I used the optical for audio. For full control of 3D BD, you will need a 1.4 HDMI on all devices from the 3D Blu Disk player to the AVR. I believe all 3D projectors are HDMI 1.4 compliant as are 3D BD players. Its the non compliant stuff in between that people have problems with. I got rid of a bunch of processing stuff by replacing all that with a new 3D compliant AVR-4311ci
post #5 of 5 Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Bob- I believe your Integra DTC-9.8 processor only supports hdmi 1.3a so you will not get audio and 3D video as that requires 1.4 HDMI. Before I upgraded to a fully compliant AVR with 1.4 HDMI I had to use the hdmi for 3D video only and I used the optical for audio. For full control of 3D BD, you will need a 1.4 HDMI on all devices from the 3D Blu Disk player to the AVR. I believe all 3D projectors are HDMI 1.4 compliant as are 3D BD players. Its the non compliant stuff in between that people have problems with. I got rid of a bunch of processing stuff by replacing all that with a new 3D compliant AVR-4311ci

Thanks for the reply Don. Last night I actually got the audio to work properly.

I connected the HDMI main output from the Panasonic BD player directly to the projector with a high speed HDMI cable, and I had the HDMI (Sub) outputting to the Integra. The Integra also had inputs from my PS3 and HD-DVD player. And the output from the Integra went to the projector's 2nd HDMI input via a standard HDMI cable. Both of the other sources were working fine with video and audio, but the new Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player was displaying only the video with no sound. When I switched to the projector's HDMI 2 setting, the video went blank but I heard the audio playing. So I disconnected the standard HDMI cable from the Integra to the projector and suddenly everything worked!
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page