AVS Forum banner

Device that supports Vudu 3D 1080p

17K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Don Landis 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a PS3 to play Vudu 3D movies. But I found the PS3 can only support 720p content for Vudu 3D streaming.

Does anyone know of a device (other than a tv: I am using a projector) that can stream Vudu 3d at 1080p? I seem to be having trouble getting vendors (including vudu) to understand this question: they tell me such-and-such supports 1080p, or such-and-such supports 3D. But I'm trying to find a device that someone can confirm can display Vudu 3D at 1080p.

Thanks!

#29 ·
The WDTV can do Vudu 3D and YouTube 3D. It cannot do Netflix 3D.

If you want a single device that does all, I can confirm that the Sony BD 6200 will do all these in 3D 1080p.

#30 ·
Can the WDTV download Vudu movies or just stream? (For example, on the PS3 you can choose to download instead of stream, which is great for those of us with less than perfect internet connections.)

#35 ·
I'd guess "no" and I would be worried that if the Vudu service goes out of business then even playing local downloaded content may not work.

#38 ·
I completed the upgrade of my HDD in the PS3 to a 1 TB size and it went easier than the You Tube videos described. :)

I also completed the download of all my purchased movies too.

I'll have to take a look at the file format next on the drive to see if they can be played using a generic player on a PC.

#37 ·
I agree with that because I still need to play the local stuff with their App. But it has one advantage as I had a number of 3D programs in my library that are no longer available in the selection on VUDU. The download feature preserves that access.

Bob- the simple answer is yes and I have that work flow. The advantage to downloading to the PS3 is that the process is much easier and doesn't cost for the hardware I needed to put the movies on a regular hard drive to be played outside of the VUDU.

Reactions: 3DBob
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.