Will Vizio passive theater glasses work for a Panasonic passive? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got a Panasonic TC-L42ET5 and am not thrilled with the included cheap glasses. Saw a pair of Vizio supposed theater quality glasses on closeout sale at a local store for $20. Through the bubble packaging they look a much better ... but MOST important do they have better scratch resistance? Since they are closeout they're probably not returnable. I did a good bit of sleuthing on the net, but came up with no solid conclusion. Hoping someone here has personal experience they could share.

Thanks

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can now answer my own questions ... YES, the Vizio glasses work for viewing 3D Panasonic passive.

Will they be more scratch resistant? Regarding physical properties of the plastic lenses I dunno, but I do know I'll be treating the Vizios with more respect. Take better care of them by using the Panny's as the knock arounds that mingle with the clutter on my desk and are used to view my experiments with the new 3D1 camera. When I get set to watch a movie I'll take the Vizios out of the included soft pouch case. I like them better because of the more "sunglasses" like frame. They look heavier, but I don't notice extra weight because they feel fine as they fit me well.

Mark
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page