Samsung HL61A750...looking at the Tru3D kit...(ADVICE/INPUT NEEDED) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2012, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have my Samsung HL61A750 hooked up to a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D Blu-ray player and 3-pin IR emitter and pair of active shutter glasses from from Ultimade3dheaven.com

The DMP-BDT310 allows for checkerboard output and the 3D looks pretty good with my current setup.

For those that already have the Tru3D kit..is it really as promised? I'd like to be able to take advantage of more 3D sources, particularly 3D broadcast TV and Comcast 3D on demand, and understand I need to convert the "side by side" 3D to the "checkerboard" format my TV can handle Will the Tru3D kit work with my current setup? I'm hoping I can simply re-use my existing emitter and 3D glasses and simply buy the "Samsung 3D TV adapter kit" for $240.

It does seem like a lot of hoops to jump through to get 3D on my LED DLP, but I'm not in a position to spend $1500+ on a new 60 inch 3D LCD or plasma TV, especially when my DLP still works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 AM

I have a Samsung Hl50a650 which is a 50 inch dlp that I'm getting rid of, and I have the adapter you need. I believe that tru3d kit is just a mitsubishi adapter with the EID shut off. I am going to sell my adapter for $100 plus $10 for shipping if your interested. The manufacture date I believe is november 2010.

Let me know if you are interested. I also sent you a PM with additional info
post #3 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 AM

Do you still have this for sale?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill1977 View Post

I currently have my Samsung HL61A750 hooked up to a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D Blu-ray player and 3-pin IR emitter and pair of active shutter glasses from from Ultimade3dheaven.com

The DMP-BDT310 allows for checkerboard output and the 3D looks pretty good with my current setup.

For those that already have the Tru3D kit..is it really as promised? I'd like to be able to take advantage of more 3D sources, particularly 3D broadcast TV and Comcast 3D on demand, and understand I need to convert the "side by side" 3D to the "checkerboard" format my TV can handle Will the Tru3D kit work with my current setup? I'm hoping I can simply re-use my existing emitter and 3D glasses and simply buy the "Samsung 3D TV adapter kit" for $240.

It does seem like a lot of hoops to jump through to get 3D on my LED DLP, but I'm not in a position to spend $1500+ on a new 60 inch 3D LCD or plasma TV, especially when my DLP still works great.

hi Sr, your panasonic bluray display on the option menu the 2d to 3d?

Thanks
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page