3d Receiver and/or 3d Blu Ray player that has Vudu 3D AND plays it a 1080P - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I had to purchase a new TV to replace my 67" Samsung DLP that was failing. I went with the new Sharp series 8 LC-70LE847U 3D display. After several days of tweaking I am satisfied with the picture completely.

Since this is a 3D TV I have decided to upgrade my receiver (Currently an Onkyo TX-SR806) and my Blu Ray player to move completely to the 3d World and enjoy the other new features that I can get on upgrading both.

While doing research I have hit a major stumbling block. My household has become CRAZY for streaming (I burn about 200GB a month through my Comcast account and most of it is streaming.) Therefore I would like devices that allow me to stream the latest and greatest at the highest resolution posible. ......

My snag is VUDU. Our brand new TV has VUDU but not 3D Vudu, nor does the optical output of the TV support discrete audio. We love the VUDU service but cannot find reliable info on Blu Ray Players or possibly a receiver that will support VUDU 3D and do it at 1080P I have been told the Panasonic BDP220,320 and 500 will do it but want to be sure and am looking for other options too. As for receivers; The waters are even more murky.

My questions (and what I am asking for help on) are simple:

1. Does anyone know and recommend a 3D Blu Ray Player that supports VUDU 3D and do it at 1080P?
2. How about a receiver that does the same?
3. Lastly, If I can find a 3D Blu Ray player that does what I need, does anyone reccomend a receiver similar to the one I have that is 3D compatable? I love my current receiver but have seen A LOT of innovations in the market since I bought it.

Thanks in advance!

Michael
Tallahassee, FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I own a Samsung 6800 3d bluray player and it has the VUDU app with the 3d movies available in it and it will stream 1080p if you have the bandwith with 3d sbs of course.
Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Player Dmp Bdt220
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page