Sony 3D camcorder HDR-TD20V 3D playback from media player not possible? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 03-03-2013, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your reply. You raise my hopes again. I know of and appreciate your previous pursuit of this matter in that thread.

I HAD read that thread a couple months back, and based on it I even bought a used Sony S580 Blu-ray player off eBay (to replace my S570). When I attached my external hard drive with files copied to it from the TD20V (those very m2ts files which the TD20V can play in 3D from that external drive with no problem), the S580 would not play anything in the AVCHD folder that the camera had created and put them into. The S580 simply would not list the files in that folder at all. What to think/do?? Also, I burned what I thought was an short AVCHD blu-ray disc using Cyberlink 12 Ultra; but the S580 played it only in 2D (just as did the S570). Yet I could import the video FROM THAT DISC back into Cyberlink, and Cyberlink identified it as 3D video, and even played it in 3D in it's viewer function on my computer.

Some of what I have read seems to suggest that perhaps software updates from Sony took away the capacity of the S580 to play 1080 60i 3D files. Also I know the software in the TD20V is different from what was originally in the TD10 mentioned in the thread. Maybe that's my problem?

I truly hope my reply does not seem argumentative...for I really want to find the way to do this. If the answer involves locating legacy software or whatever, I'd go for it, if only I it would actually work.

Got links to specifics that address these particulars? Ideas? Am *I* the problem? I am trying to master what seems to be complicated and rarely/weakly documented issues, but so far I have not succeeded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Go to the AVCHD 3D discussion and see there how it works. It makes no sense to do different things like using an harddisc that has NO AVCHD 3D structure. And then you wonder why it does not work.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #33 of 44 Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 AM

Hello.
I'm having the same problems!

I own a Sony HDR-TD20V camera + a LG 3d TV.

I'm a video editor, and i want to make a presentation of a product, in 3D.

1. I shoot in 3D with Sony HDR-TD20V camera
2. I'm downloading the MTS from the 3D cam, on my PC for editing purposese (to make a brief presentation of a product)
a. the MTS source videos, on my hard disk, are 2D FullHD > i tried in Vegas ("converting" in Side by Side mode) to export the movie, and play from a USB STICK on the LG 3d TV > no 3D
b. in whic format do i have to export from Vegas (side by syde?)
3. Or, please, give me another solution for editing videos on PC, for a presentation af a product, and then view that movie on LG 3d TV (how do i export, how to do it)
post #34 of 44 Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipsua View Post

2. I'm downloading the MTS from the 3D cam, on my PC for editing purposese (to make a brief presentation of a product)
a. the MTS source videos, on my hard disk, are 2D FullHD > i tried in Vegas ("converting" in Side by Side mode) to export the movie, and play from a USB STICK on the LG 3d TV > no 3D

BEFORE you import the MVC-media into Vegas, you have to set the project propteries to a s3D mode.

If you habe done it the other way round, you can mark all the medias in the explorer windows of Vegas - and then change the media properities to an s3D mode.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #35 of 44 Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post

BEFORE you import the MVC-media into Vegas, you have to set the project propteries to a s3D mode.

If you habe done it the other way round, you can mark all the medias in the explorer windows of Vegas - and then change the media properities to an s3D mode.

I've allready did the project settings in Vegas to: "Stereoscopic 3D Mode - Side by Side half", resulting in a side by side preview. I've exported the video to multiple formats: mp4, m2v, avc, avi, mp4, but no results (i cannot see on 3D TV, played from a usb stick).

Am i doing something wrong here?

thank you for your answer!
post #36 of 44 Old 03-26-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

You can export to side-by-side half, and maybe you have to set your HDTV to s3D manually. But I do not know if that works for you hardware.

To what format you export will be a question of your hardware equipment. If you have a 3D-Blu-ray player, you could export to 720 60p (if you come from 1080 60i) or 1080 24p with the Sony AVC/MVC encoder, and create a 3D-BD-ISO from the timeline. Burned to BD-R/RE, you could playback that with a 3D-BD player.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #37 of 44 Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 AM

thank you, i will take this into consideration: buy a 3D BR player.

is there a chance to play from the PC to the 3D LED TV ?
post #38 of 44 Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

That could work with the Stereoscopic player or PowerDVD.

Be aware that side-by-side half can be played back with every 2D-BD-Player or even DVD-Player - if you are able to switch your 3D-HDTV to sbs-half (what should work). So if you render your s3D footage as sbs-half it should work with stick, 2D-BD or DVD-Player.

A 3D-BD would have the advantage that you will not loose 50% of the resolution as it happens with sbs-half, but that you are able to playback 2x1920x1080 if you use 1080 24p.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #39 of 44 Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 AM

I've found out what the problem was:

When i've imported in Vegas the s3D video, i didn't "pair the subclip" (option that i didn't know that i had to select).

SO, the correct way is: (advice for a new user with the same problem)

import in vegas the s3D video
select "yes" to match the project settings to the videos settings
in project settings, select "Side by Side Half" (if you want to play on a 3D TV)
on the time line you will have the impoted video(s) > in the time line there are one on each other two representation of the video > select that 2 "layers", right click and select "pair as stereoscopic 3d subclip"
only now the side by side image is correct !!! untill you select that 2 "layers", right click and select "pair as stereoscopic 3d subclip" the side by side image is not correct (what is in the left, is in the right too...)

then you export to which format you like ( i did AVCHD > mts / m2s) > copuy on stick > play on 3D TV.

Thank you Wolfgang S. for your answers!
post #40 of 44 Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

That is still a limited underständing. For Vegas it is important only, IF you have any s3D mode enabled in the project settings BEFORE you importh the footage. That can be anaglyphic, side by side half - whatever you like.

For the MVC footage of the TD10/20/30/Z10K, there is no pairing required as long as you follow the rule above. Pairing is required only if you shoot your footage with two different cameras.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #41 of 44 Old 11-23-2013, 11:31 AM

Hi all,  I am thinking about buying the HDR-td30v model, it is the current sony 3d hd video camcorder....anyhow,

does anyone know if I can take my recorded video files straight from the sd card, out of the camcorder and will the file be able to be played back on this 3d blu ray player?

Panasonic - Smart 3D Wi-Fi Built-In Blu-ray Player

Thank you if you can provide some insight....

I want to totally skip/bypass the PC and software experience of needing to convert any files....I don't consider that part fun.

Looking for plug and play here, can I eject the card out of my camcorder and insert the card into the above mentioned blu ray player and get 3d play back that one would expect?

there is another 3d blu ray player here which I like less will this one also work?  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-smart-3d-wi-fi-built-in-blu-ray-player/9422045.p?id=1219016114223&skuId=9422045

Thanks all.  I am on the market to buy both a 3d blu ray player and a 3d hd video camcorder...just looking for compatilibty between the devices that plays same file types in 3d and 2d.

Also, anyone know if I can copy contents off of an sd card into an external hdd using the Panasonic Model: DMP-BDT330?  it would be a great way for me to archive my videos...thanks again

KL

post #42 of 44 Old 11-24-2013, 03:36 PM

Hi, I´m in the same dilemma (having TD20) but for now am a step further.

Yes and no, the Panasonic BDT330 will probably play the files in 3D directly from the SD card like many other Panasonic players do. That means that you can´t copy the naked files to another card, you must have the original folder structure from the camera. I already tried to rebuild this structure with tools (don´t remember the name) but only got 2D from that.

I didn´t try the BDT330 but a friends BDT130 and BDT500 as my BST720 recorder. There are some shortcomings with these: You can not address a clip directly from a menu with these players using the original Sony SD structure (exports from EDIUS 7 work). The BDT130 can´t skip "automatically". You have to repress the skip button to get to the next clip. With the BDP500 and BST720 you can hold the skip button and the player skips through the files automatically. I also had a Sony S4100 here but don´t remember the behaviour exactly. I only know it plays the files using a card reader from the original SD structure in 3D 1080i (don´t ask me for the resolution, didn´t test that).

With the BDT500 and BST720 there is another weak point. Both players send signals using 3D 1080i (no more info), but the result is not the FullHD picture. I generated a testchart using EDIUS 7 and found that resolution comes shorter compared to play the same file in 2D! I´d say it´s about the half horizontal resolution but still usable.

There could be another way for you, a media player, but as nothing is perfect I´m still on the search here, too. Many players using a Realtek 1186 chip play these videos without the need of the folder structure, means you can copy several files to one card using a computer and play them back with the player. My last buy was a fantec 3DAluPlay (don`t get the 3DFHDL since it does´nt play your 3D files). This player as the Mede8er X1000 3D and others play the Sony 3D files "only" in 720p. BUT the horizontal resolution is visibly better than that from the Panasonic players above. The vertical resolution is slightly better with the Panasonics but in the end I´d give the fantec/Mede8er the edge. Don´t get me wrong, most people will also be happy with the Panasonics.

Maybe, if you don´t want a computer a Panasonic BST/BCT recorder could be your best buy since it can do simple edits with your files and save them to the internal or an external HDD (which can´t be used with a computer after formatted with the recorder as far as I know, didn´t try yet).

For me I´m still on the hunt for a better mediaplayer, maybe the Dune 303D can do what I want. The popcorn hour A-400 doesn´t do that with the latest official release but seems there is some motion in development...

Hope that helps...

Roland.

post #43 of 44 Old 11-25-2013, 02:56 AM
AVS Special Member

What Edius 6.5/7 does is that it exports an AVCHD 2.0/3D compatible structure - and that can be read from every AVCHD 2.0/3D compatible 3D-Blu-ray player (typically the newer units of Sony and Panasonic).

See the AVCHD 2.0 thread that we had here.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #44 of 44 Old 05-31-2014, 11:50 AM

Did anyone ever had an issue with td10, 20 or 30 that one camera is out of sync/focus with another? Right camera is out of focus 50% of the time (I own td20). "Auto 3D Lens Adjust" doesn't solve the issue. I can't figure out what triggers such behavior.

Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page