Optoma GT750 3D Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi There,
Just got the Optoma GT750 and all is great....almost.
I cannot get the RF Glasses to connect with the emitter. The emitter just searches for them and flashes red. Found the very complicated online PDF for the glasses as according to the instructions that came in the box, should pretty much just be plug and play.

I have found a few 3d side by side movies and switched the 3d format to SBS as AUTO didn't seem to detect anything. I also tried 3D PS3 demos I downloaded to test it. I thought if it had a 3d source, the emitter should then detect the glasses.

Any help would be appreciated. For the record, I did get them to connect once (RF emitter flashed green) with a 3d movie. However, the image didn't 'work' as far as I'm concerned. (Then I thought...I should take the plastic film off the the glasses! Im so awesome sometimes lol) But, I couldn't recreate the situation the next day.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Have you set the PJ to the RF/IR 3-D setting? Do you have the RF transmitter hooked up to the IR output, assuming the GT-750 has an IR output needed for transmiter? The GT-750 does not have a built in RF transmitter.

With the Optoma HD33, one can select the 3-D to OFF/ IR / or DLP-Link.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

It has an RF emitter that hooks up, yes. But, the only options on the GT750 are OFF / DLP / VESA
There is no RF/IR 3-D setting. My only other 3d settings are SBS/Frame Sequential/Top Bottom/AUTO (these would all relate to the picture not the glasses I think)
post #4 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
The VESA setting refers to the 3D VESA plug type on the projector, which in turn feeds the sync to the IR or RF transmitter. So give that mode a try.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM

I just got this projector a few days ago. I managed to snag the GT750 model that came with a pair of RF glasses. All I had to do was plug the transmitter into the back of the projector and then hit the power button on the glasses, no other setup was required.

Just a bit of info, if you're using the default Optoma RF glasses that came with it order yourself some good DLP-Link glasses. I have both and the difference is night and day. I can't speak for other RF glasses, just the free pair.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your help. Switching between DLP and VESA didn't make much of a difference. I think there is too much ambient light so will try again on the weekend.
Yes, I did get the same package Fozzman. Which DLP glasses do you recommend over the default ones?
Thanks so much!
Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
Optoma Dlp Gt750e Gt750e 1080p 3d Compatible Gaming Projector
Gear in this thread - Gt750e by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page