Settng 3D option on Youtube - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I have been uploading my 3D videos/stills to Youtube and setting the "Already in 3D" option since the videos are in sbs half frame created from a Panasonic 3D1 and Vegas Platinum.

The 3D option shows up sometimes, then disappears, or never shows up even though I select the Already in 3D option and save it over and over. Today, I can't get any of my videos to show 3D options. They just show as sbs half frame.

Others on the 3D1 forum thread are having similar problems. Any upload suggestions or tricks we don't know about?

Thanks,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I believe it's a problem with Youtube. Mine often do the same even using different 3D settings.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #3 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I am not having any problems like you describe. When you experience problems on your YT channel do you check on others to see if they are having the same issue? We are talking about already established uploads, aren't we? Feel free to compare your 3D uploads to mine.

Again, when I render my YT 3D videos in Vegas I do a "render as" to a wmv file that is set in the project settings to SBS half and Best quality. I set the bit rate to the "Internet / Lan and 8M which is one of the default settings.

There is also an "upload to You Tube" in Vegas but I have never used it. I generally do the rendering and then log into my channel and use the YT upload button, find my wmv file and begin.
post #4 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It can make a difference whether you launch your youtube viewer from a general webpage (e.g. from a page of this forum) or from a youtube webpage. I find a general webpage will sometimes not display 3D options in the embedded viewer.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 05:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Jeff- I think I understand what you are saying. I find the embedded code for the forum display never shows the 3D options until you begin playing the video. Then it shows up, at least for me on Firefox.

Normally, when working with my own channel, I use a bookmark link to it in a new browser tab. Here the 3D selections always show up.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 05:54 AM

Don, sometimes the options don't show up for me even after starting the playback of a youtube video that normally does provide 3D options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

Others on the 3D1 forum thread are having similar problems. Any upload suggestions or tricks we don't know about?,...
Hi. You seem to be talking about a file that was successfully uploaded with 3D set, but that sometimes plays back successfully in the youtube player with 3D options showing, and sometimes not.

I'd like to mention that there's a more basic thing that some readers might not be aware of and that is the need to set the "already is 3D" option while you are still uploading, i.e. set it at the beginning of the upload, rather than trying to add that status after the upload has completed. If you try to add later, the status may be grayed out, or if you can set it, it will not stay set.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
I'd like to mention that there's a more basic thing that some readers might not be aware of and that is the need to set the "already is 3D" option while you are still uploading, i.e. set it at the beginning of the upload, rather than trying to add that status after the upload has completed. If you try to add later, the status may be grayed out, or if you can set it, it will not stay set.

Interesting, and a good point. I always set mine to already 3D while it is uploading. Never tried it after the fact.

I have had problems with the tags I set during the upload not sticking for the channel after the video completes processing, here I often need to add them again when the video has completed the processing. Sort of the opposite problems.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I continue to have issues. Late yesterday I signed on to Youtube, and all my videos had the 3D option show up. I tried it several ways, closed browsers, reopened, etc. and it always worked. Today, I decided to upload a link to the forum for a new video, and so i signed on to Youtube, and none of the videos would show the 3D option. I always set the Already is 3D option when uploading. In the Advanced options tab, they are all showing as having the 3D option set, but when I click on the video or add it as a link, it does not show up. Here's the latest link:

Please let me know if the 3D option shows up for you and the browser you are using.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

No problem. Shows up as soon as I click on it.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM

Threed,
  • With Firefox, 3D options appeared after clicking play.
  • With IE9, no 3D options appeared at all using the embedded player on the forum page. Needed to click on the "Play in YouTube" link before 3D options would appear.

So this appears to be a browser specific issue.

Whilst I am baring my soul, I'll confess that my version of IE9 on my 64-bit Windows 7 pc often reports on sites as not being the latest version of Internet Explorer; but if I try to update, the report comes back that I do have the latest version...
post #11 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I switched computers and now it's showing up after I click on the link. Using IE9 on both computers.

MLXXX: I often get a message saying my computer does not support HTML5 for 3D, but then goes away. I've looked into HTML5 and that is for computers that have a 3D graphics interface driver and screen. I'm just trying to get the anaglyphs to show up.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page