Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/media/5468/PRV-4168D_EDIUS_Neo3_5.pdf

- Export sequence with alpha channel
- 3D (stereoscopic) editing
- AVCHD 2.0 support
- EOS movie support (ALL-I (I-only), IPB)
- Camera RAW format support*
- Filmstrip view in Timeline
- Enhanced video layouter (drop shadow, resize quality)
- Built-in shake stabilizer
- 720p Blu-ray authoring support
- Flash F4V export
- QuickTime HQ/HQX codec (Windows/Mac)

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great, but still no MVC export? frown.gif
post #3 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Since Edius does not offer an MVC-Export and the capability to burn a profile 5 3D-BD, Neo will not offer that too.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #4 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Wolfgang- It is highly unlikely that we will ever see BD Profile 5 authoring capability in any basic professional editor as an included module. I think what we could and should see more of is Profile 1.0 as we see in PD10 from Cyberlink. To do Profile 5 requires highly sophisticated Java object scripting language and other licenses to execute. All these licenses greatly increase the cost to many times what these simple editors like Edius and Vegas Pro sell for. If these licenses should suddenly be given away free, then I could see the possibility of Profile 5 becoming reality. There are lots of highly complex software products selling for low cost because they do not include certain licenses.
Sony BluPrint ver 6 is capable of Profile 5 authoring and is quite expensive when all the licenses and support for all the encoders are added for 3D BD authoring. Sony also has a low end product that works for Profile 5 and MVC encoding called Do Studio Complete. Whiole the entry level DoStudio is only $3000 it does not offer what people need to complete a 3D project. Only the Full package called DoStudio Complete at $19995 is capable with all the modules and licenses. BluPrint v6 is about 3 times this price. There are other competitive products too but they also are price prohibitive for all but the big studios to afford.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #5 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't want to create a profile 5 BD disc from the editing software,
"just" the MVC rendering output, so studios can use as input.
(like Moviestudio Platinum for $65)
post #6 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Don, to my opinion both Vegas and Vegas Moviestudio generate Profile 5 3D-BDs, but without menus. But I agree with you that the more professional solutions with both higher data rates and menu capabilities are still terrible expensive. If they will come somewhere in the future in affordable NLEs and/or authoring tools - well I do not know.

If you wish to use Vegas Moviestudio to generate the 3D-BD from Edius, I would export L and R as separte file and import that in Vegas again - pair it to a 3D project and render that to the 3D-BD. Can be as AVC oder Sony-YUV or even uncompressed. You could also use the Canopus HQ-codec, but here you have to take care that the liminance range is fine. Or one could use the Canopus HQX codec - that allows the full-side-by-side export in one file, but again you have the liminance issue here. The luminance issue has been described in the Edius 6.5 thread.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #7 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Wolfgang- Here are the requirements in order to comply with Profile 5. I got this from a pull quote from Netblender site-
Quote:
Blu-ray Disc Profile 5

The 3D Specification for Blu-ray Disc is designated as “Profile 5″ (the previous Blu-ray disc profiles are Profile 1.0, Profile 1.1 “Bonus-View” and Profile 2.0 “BD-Live”). Profile 5 allows a maximum data rate of 72Mbs (up from 48Mbs for BD-Live players), requires HDMI 1.4 (a higher-speed version of HDMI), and supports 3D video, 3D menus and 3D subtitles.

The way I understand, unless the authoring allows for menus over 3D video and 3D subtitles, BD Live content as well as 72Mbs maximum bit rate, it is not compliant to the spec of Profile 5.

Here is more info on the MVC codec implementation-
Quote:
3D Encoding – the MVC Format

Blu-ray 3D uses a new file format, called Multi View Coding, or MVC, which is an extension of the MPEG-4 AVC format used by standard Blu-ray discs. There is not VC-1 or MPEG-2 codec for BD3D. To encode your video in 3D, you will need to create two full-frame HD streams and use a BD3D-compatible encoder.

MVC streams are backwards-compatible with earlier (non-Profile 5) Blu-ray players. In this case, only the base view (2D) is displayed. It is still full 1080p.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #8 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, I know that specification also from the publications from the Blu-ray consortia - http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/Downloadablefile/BD-ROM_Audio_Visual_Application_Format_Specifications-18780.pdf

But that is no contradition. The specification does not say that the maximum data rate of 72 mbsp must be utilized - you can go up to that value, but can stay lower. And it supports 3D menus - but you can also author a disc without 3D menus that follow that specification. The major point is the use of MVC, and that is used for Vegas and Vegas Moviestudio - so the 3D-BDs are within the specificaton of the profile 5 and that is fine. Even if the data rate is lower and the menus are not used - what is a pitty but does not change anything that the discs are within the specification.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page