How play a ripped 3D move through Samsung Blue Ray BDE5900? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am experimenting with putting 3D Blue Rays on my media server to serve to my Samsung. But not having any success.

I only have 1 3D Blue Ray at the moment, but I presume it should allow me to play with this. Using AnyDVD, it says for 3D I need to create an ISO image. I have done that, and at the moment, my HTPC is not set up right to play 3D (opened different topic for that), but thought maybe I could just play direct through the Samsung.

But when I go into the various apps, it appears I need to use Allshare. I attempted a mount with Daemon tools to have it as a drive. But, Allshare does not really allow me to browse a network and hook to drives. It brings up videos found on the PC. And the ISO image and files does not appear as a move to Allshare.

Is there a way for me to accomplish this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 106
There was only ever one system that would play 3DBD like you had a disk but from a hard drive stored iso file. That was the OPPO BD-93 with an older firmware ( circa Dec 2011 ). Then, in Jan 2012, the studios forced OPPO to remove that feature. Only those who own an OPPO with that version of firmware can play 3D BD just like a real 3D disk was in the player. This only works on local hard drive USB connected and not over the LAN.

The next best option is a media player such as the the HiMedia 900b which will play an iso file in 3D but absent the menus on the disk. In most disks it will play the main program unless the disk has both 2D and 3D then the system gets confused. The chip set that does this in the media player also has some universal menu ( BD 1.0 ) that you can access some of the features such as chapters. Very limited menu.

Some success has also been achieved using a virtual disk drive to mount the iso file and then play the virtual drive with stereoscopic player software. This I discovered works most of the time but is very awkward, very limited.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-02-2012, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, Don, for the detailed info. Looks like I might as well give up on using 3D in my media system, and just get up off my lazy butt and put a DVD in the drive tongue.gif
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page