1.3 3-D TV & BD Player, 1.2 Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2012, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Ormond Beach (Daytona Beach suburb, Orlando viewing area)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope this is the correct thread to post this under; if not, let me know which thread to move this to.

I just upgraded to a 3-D television. The latest PS3 update now enables 3-D content. However, my Marantz receiver only accepts HDMI 1.2. In order to watch 3-D movies, I had to run a cable directly from the PS3 to the TV in order to view 3-D content. The reciever cannot pass the 1.4 signal to the TV. As a result, we can only watch 3-D movies with stereo sound. I can run an opitcal cable from the PS3 to the receiver, but I loose out on the uncompressed PCM audio.......forget about 96K BD tracks!

Will a powered HDMI splitter solve this, or will HDCP cause all three units to function at the HDMI 1.2 level?

If a standard splitter is not the answer, are there splitters/switches that will split the HDMI audio and video signals. In other words, is there a switch that can send 1.4 video to TV, and 1.2 audio to the reciever?

JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
edid is going to cause you problems because the receiver will not pass the framepacked 3d content without the proper edid and a splitters/switchers will not work because of the same reason the only suggestion i can give is to use a dual output 3D blu ray player. obviously the Oppo BDP-93 is the best and most expensive after that you have the Panasonic DMP-BDT310, SAMSUNG BD-C7900, and the Sony BDPS790 which also does 4k upscaling that most of us will never use. but, honestly in the end I would just buy a new receiver it will save you alot of hassle and you will be able to playback bitsteamed HD audio.