Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First I present
My passion 3D
I'm retired (age: 70 a)
My cameras: Fuji W3 3D Photo and Sony HDR-TD10 E
My Software: Magix Video DeLuxe 20013, Vegas Pro 11, Cyberlink PowerDirector 11, Pinnacle Studio 16
There I will have to make a choice but it is handy to have them all to compare

Now I open discuss
cordially
Jacques
post #3 of 19 Old 10-26-2012, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

A nice presentation
Double screen

post #4 of 19 Old 10-26-2012, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The major drawback of the actual Studio 16 software is, that

- the s3D plugin is very very simple, compared to tools like Vegas, Vegas Moviestudio, Edius or Neo (but that is great for the beginner)
- there is a preview issue if you use Quadro graphic cards and nvidia 3D vision
- there is no MVC-encoding for 3D-Blu-ray, BUT the product allows the export to multistream AVCHD 3D files (so you need one of the new AVCHC 2.0 capable 3D-Blu-ray players. Older 3D-player are not able to playback those AVCHD-3D file structures.

But one advantage is, that you can export such a multistream file with 40 Mbps, what is great. If you have a Sony TD10/20, you can use the PMH to create an AVCHD 3D disc, with a nice picture quality.

You can also export to 3D-Blu-ray with multistream, but here you are limited to 22 Mbps at the moment (but have 3D-menus, according to the report of users).

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #5 of 19 Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Re Hello

Yes S3D part is very simple:

To corrections, missing "Rotation" and "Automatic"

For both software Vegas (Movie Studio and Pro 11) The patch is exemplary.

For problems prévualisation, I have a Nvidia GT530 and a Zalman monitor.
I had to disconnect the Nvidia 3D drivers as it blurred interface ST16.

I made ​​my 3D Anaglyph controls.

Multistreaming for files, I check the file with Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and the vision is alternately Left Right for HD AVCHD HDD file by cons goes well with Stereoscopic Player

files in AVCHD HD Disc - going well on Power DVD 12 and Stereoscopic Player

If I go into Disc mode for all files AVCHD2 mode on a SD card, I noticed this problem encoding. (in BDMV - Stream)

Encoding for Blu-ray, there is no option "multistream" SbS only 50%, Anaglyph, 2D

I asked, in the French forum Pinnacle. It shall forward the file to Pinnacle, I expect an answer.

cordially
Jacques
post #6 of 19 Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Camera for JVC GS-TD1 3D in order to recognize 3D
Double click on the clip
adjustment
Select JVC GS-TD1 3D
Stereoscopic 3D - Choice: 3D frame 50%
post #7 of 19 Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

But that seems not to work for MVC-files from the TD1, only for AVCHD 3D files and for side-by-side files.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #8 of 19 Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Hello and thank you
I also confirm that the menus are in 3D

I made 2 3D AVCHD files using all configurations with the same clip from the TD10.
All work well on Stereoscopic Player in 3D
On PowerDVD 12 - PowerDirector 11 - HD720p AVCHD disc and work well
Other configurations operate alternately line
Can you confirm (if you have time)
I'll burn a AVCH 2 from imgburn disc image and give it a try in a store on Panasonic BDT220
thanks
cordially
Jacques
post #9 of 19 Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Hi,

I am a SCUBA diver and have been shooting some 3D video of my dives using a pair of GoPro HD2's in an Eye of Mine modified 3D Hero housing. Normally I use their free CineForm software to merge the left and right eye clips into 3D. CiniForm has automatic adjustments for convergence and vertical shifts, though it isn't perfect and I need to manually adjust the vertical offsets. I have been using Pinnacle 16 to collect the clips into a video, add titles,etc. I'm just a beginner at this so my results aren't very polished yet.

GoPro recently updated the camera firmware and, in the process, corrupted the camera synchronization. As a result, on my last dive I ended up with 60 clips in my right camera and only 19 in the left. Basically, the left camera was only responding to every other shutter input. There was a lot of usable footage, but CineForm needs matched clips so I was forced to do everything in Pinnacle.

Finding corresponding sequences, aligning them on the timeline, and cropping them was the first challenge. The best way I found to synchronize the left and right clips was to match the patterns in the audio track---a lot of underwater sounds just show up as spikes.

Once the clips were synchronized and trimmed you have to export them into a 3D file. Convergence and vertical adjustments can only be made to the merged file. There is a zoom function that eliminates any edge artifacts resulting from these adjustments. I haven't tried the other software mentioned in this thread so cannot offer a comparison.

I have reverted to the previous GoPro firmware so shouldn't have to go through this again, but it is good to know I can use the Pinnacle software when needed.

Here's the resulting video:
post #10 of 19 Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post

- there is no MVC-encoding for 3D-Blu-ray, BUT the product allows the export to multistream AVCHD 3D files (so you need one of the new AVCHC 2.0 capable 3D-Blu-ray players. Older 3D-player are not able to playback those AVCHD-3D file structures.
But one advantage is, that you can export such a multistream file with 40 Mbps, what is great. If you have a Sony TD10/20, you can use the PMH to create an AVCHD 3D disc, with a nice picture quality.
You can also export to 3D-Blu-ray with multistream, but here you are limited to 22 Mbps at the moment (but have 3D-menus, according to the report of users).

Wolfgang, the multistream file that is created, does it contain two packed 1080i images per frame? Or what?
post #11 of 19 Old 12-18-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

It contains two images per frame, but not the dependend and independend stream as you have it in MVC.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #12 of 19 Old 12-18-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:

It contains two images per frame, but not the dependend and independend stream as you have it in MVC.

So are these interpreted as two packed frames like 3D blu-ray, or as compressed SBS? If as two packed frames, then that would be a real plus for me.
post #13 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Interpretated by what? You need an AVCHD 2.0 capable 3D-Blu ray player, another hardware will not be able to playback that footage in s3D. And those players will playback that footage as s3D. And yes, beside the fact that older 3D-Blu-ray player are not able to playback that footage, it is a real plus comprared to sbs-half.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #14 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Interpretated by what? You need an AVCHD 2.0 capable 3D-Blu ray player, another hardware will not be able to playback that footage in s3D. And those players will playback that footage as s3D. And yes, beside the fact that older 3D-Blu-ray player are not able to playback that footage, it is a real plus comprared to sbs-half.

Ok, then I will try it. Thanks. I do have a Panasonic player that will play AVCHD 2.0.
post #15 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM

Absolute disaster mad.gif! I spent over 100 hours putting together a video of still images and video taken during a Germany trip. The P16 appeared to have some good features for editing images and video to increase levels, etc., so I dug right in and corrected most images. Then I added music and fades. Playback during editing appeared okay, but the 3D images were reversed, and the videos appeared okay. That got me to thinking I better test a portion of the project to make sure everything will come out okay. So I chopped the project down to a 1/4, and created an AVCHD2 sbs at 40Mbits 1080/60i and an AVCHD2 multistream at 22Mbits 1080/24p. I tried to copy these to a USB, but my Panasonic BDT210 could not recogize the files (what did I do wrong), so I copied the two images to blu-ray. Well as you probably guessed, the eyes were still reveresed for the images and okay for the video, and the image editing had awful results. Ended up being very harsh, though they look great on the Pinnacle screen. Also the video ended up to be unwatchable. It was jerky, and acted like the left and right eyes were slightly out of sync--ie. a couple of frames off. A total disaster. My disappointment is beyond words--any insight, suggestions or comments?
post #16 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

You should not encode to sbs but to multistream. And then the file structure must be generated for the stick. That is something that can be done with the PMB for example - but also with tools that we have described in the AVCHD 3D thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437294/the-avchd-3d-thread

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #17 of 19 Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM

I just started using Pinnacle Studio 16 with my Sony HDR-TD10 clips. First, when I imported the files, they weren't automatically recognized as 3D by the program. I found the manual 3D adjustment screen and here's the preview of the clip before and after setting 3D mode:

I used the Sony HDR 3D preset. The preview seems severely cropped and the red/blue parallax way off as well as the aspect ratio. Is this normal or, could it be a function of my video card? I don't want to continue before I resolve this issue. I had proper rendering when using Vegas MovieStudio 12 on the same platform.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I am not using Pinnacle. However, it looks like it sets the original (above) picture as side-by-side. Do you have some other options, like combine with next stream or so? Maybe it just cannot import 3D footage from Sony TD10?!?
post #19 of 19 Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Have you installed the latest available patch for the studio software?

if that does not help - sorry to say so - but then continue with Vegas better.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page