ps3 3d glasses - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok first post guys so be nice. I just recently upgraded my tv to a Panasonic TC-P55ST50 55-Inch. I have the ps3.
i bought the Samsung SSG-4100GB 3D glasses and i also bought the ps3 3d glasses. Both pairs are cheap. I go to watch movies on my ps3 and the samsung work great. The ps3 glasses do not work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Nothing is in front of the tv, no stereo either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if i posted in the wrong forum please redirect me.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 723
I have Samsung glasses that match the tech for my Samsung 2011 tv. I'd not heard of ps3 glasses so I looked at the Amazon page for them. There's a note about compatibility with IR emitter type of active shutters for displays from various manufacturers. My Samsung is bluetooth, believer your ST50 is also. It also mentions you can pair the ps3 glasses with your ps3....not sure how that works, but check it out.

post #3 of 7 Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblackandgold View Post

ok first post guys so be nice. I just recently upgraded my tv to a Panasonic TC-P55ST50 55-Inch. I have the ps3.
i bought the Samsung SSG-4100GB 3D glasses and i also bought the ps3 3d glasses. Both pairs are cheap. I go to watch movies on my ps3 and the samsung work great. The ps3 glasses do not work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Nothing is in front of the tv, no stereo either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if i posted in the wrong forum please redirect me.
thanks

I have the same problem you have and NOBODY has been able to answer this question. I've called Sony and Panasonic and both point the finger at each other. I've asked on here: Nothing. I have two ps3 glasses that just sit and don't get used. mad.gif
post #4 of 7 Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldardy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblackandgold View Post

thanks

I have the same problem you have and NOBODY has been able to answer this question. I've called Sony and Panasonic and both point the finger at each other. I've asked on here: Nothing. I have two ps3 glasses that just sit and don't get used. mad.gif

The PS3 glasses are a different technology (IR) than the Samsung glasses(Bluetooth)! They are not compatible! Here's a thread addressing it http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414831/rf-bluetooth-3d-glasses-compatibility-thread

post #5 of 7 Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 821
The PS3 glasses ARE NOT compatible with the ST series.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Bickering posts deleted. Infractions issued. If you can and are willing to help answer questions, it's always appreciated. But, please do so in a nice manner. If you are seeking help, show some appreciation for those trying to help. If you see a post that breaks the forum rules, please report it WITHOUT responding in the same offensive manner (that includes sending nasty PMs).

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #7 of 7 Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

The PS3 glasses are a different technology (IR) than the Samsung glasses(Bluetooth)! They are not compatible! Here's a thread addressing it http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414831/rf-bluetooth-3d-glasses-compatibility-thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

The PS3 glasses ARE NOT compatible with the ST series.

If you have additional questions, please post in the thread linked above.

Thanks

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page