Stereoscopic Player v.About to Lose My S*** - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-28-2013, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to get Stereoscopic player to actually USE my AMD 6570 video card to decode these movie files, but unlike Media Player Classic Home Cinema, on which Stereoscopic player is based, it doesnt have a simple drop down or check box way of configuring what device decodes video for you.

I already went into Advanced Settings and unchecked the box that disables hardware acceleration.

If I open any of the mkv's that I have with MPC-HC I get smooth playback with 5-10% CPU utilization, the second I open anything with Stereoscopic Player its 50-70%.

What am I doing wrong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Well,

I fixed the problem. Stereoscopic Player, even if you "acquire" the full version is garbage if you're using a 3D-Ready device.

Anybody who is using a 3D-Ready DLP Projector/TV should give Bino a try, it kind of reminds me of the Handbrake conversion software. Pick your input, pick your output and everything just works, and it uses the hardware acceleration from my Radeon HD6570 without any additional configuring.

The most amazing part of all of this, is that i'm using an Optoma Pro350W which is the same thing as an HD66, hooked through an old Onkyo SR-606 receiver which is not even close to HDMI 1.4 compliant, and i'm running 120hz in Windows 7 through my HTPC which basically forces 3D capability all of the time.

So as long as I use Bino, I can play anything in 3D with my generic DLP-Link glasses.

Bino: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bino3d/

Glasses: http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-DLP-Link-Projector-Rechargeable-Shutter/dp/B0098SLICE/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359441735&sr=1-5&keywords=optoma+dlp-link+glasses

Boom.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodge View Post

So as long as I use Bino, I can play anything in 3D with my generic DLP-Link glasses.
Bino: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bino3d/

I am using bino for more than a year (it's my default 3D player). However, there are still some files for which I have to use Stereoscopic Player. For example, *.ssi files, MVC files (e.g. the original files from HMZ1U or TD1) and some codecs are working only in Stereoscopic Player.

Where can you set that it uses graphic acceleration (or if it uses by default, where to switch it off?)?
post #4 of 13 Old 01-29-2013, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy3d View Post

Where can you set that it uses graphic acceleration (or if it uses by default, where to switch it off?)?

Do you mean in Stereoscopic player? In Stereoscopic player there is a checkbox hidden in Settings > Advanced > Help and you are supposed to uncheck the box in order for hardware acceleration to work. It didn't work for me though, even though when using Media Player Classic the HWA worked fine automatically. So if there was a way to configure it, I couldn't find it by googling and reading forums, I tried for like a week.

Then I downloaded Bino after seeing a reference to it somewhere and what do you know, HWA works with no issues and my CPU Utilization is down to 5-10% with no stutter/chop, not to mention it's so much easier to configure each movie to work properly with your setup. Since there seems to be no real "Standard" release format.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 PM

In fact I was asking for Bino. By the way, did you mean Settings - Advanced Options - Troubleshooting?
Interesting that you've got so different results between both. In one clip I measured between 40%-60% utilisation in Bino and 45%-70% in SP (both in anaglyph mode, UT 422 codec, 2x1920x1080 file).

As I've told before, I am using bino except when it cannot play the file due to codec, file type, etc.

By the way, is it possible to show 3D video to 3DTV (in full-resolution-per-eye mode) with Bino if having only Display Port on my laptop? Should I use HDMI frame packing mode? I have DP to HDMI adapter, though.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

In fact I was asking for Bino. By the way, did you mean Settings - Advanced Options - Troubleshooting?
Interesting that you've got so different results between both. In one clip I measured between 40%-60% utilisation in Bino and 45%-70% in SP (both in anaglyph mode, UT 422 codec, 2x1920x1080 file).

As I've told before, I am using bino except when it cannot play the file due to codec, file type, etc.

By the way, is it possible to show 3D video to 3DTV (in full-resolution-per-eye mode) with Bino if having only Display Port on my laptop? Should I use HDMI frame packing mode? I have DP to HDMI adapter, though.

Displayport should be capable of 1920x1080x120hz or at least 1280x720x120hz. You basically need to pick the right output in Bino for your 3DTV. For me it's OpenGL Stereo, for your 3DTV it could be Framepacking, the nice thing is you can just change the output options until one works properly.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 AM

This is great to know! I thought there is no option to do that...
I have Panasonic plasma (the first Panasonic 3D TVs when they hit the market).
post #8 of 13 Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM

I tried it with my DP to HDMI converter. OpenGL is greyed out so I cannot use it. Strange.
HDMI frame packing mode does not work (on a TV it's just showing one picture above the other and not a 3D one). Did you change any other seetings?

On Stereoscopic Player, nothing works as well. Maybe "AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Professional Graphics" on my i7 laptop is not capable of delivering 3D or adapter DP to HDMI hides some important signals.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I tried it with my DP to HDMI converter. OpenGL is greyed out so I cannot use it. Strange.
HDMI frame packing mode does not work (on a TV it's just showing one picture above the other and not a 3D one). Did you change any other seetings?

On Stereoscopic Player, nothing works as well. Maybe "AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Professional Graphics" on my i7 laptop is not capable of delivering 3D or adapter DP to HDMI hides some important signals.

If it's showing one picture above the other, choose top/bottom in Bino for the input field, you can try both top first and bottom first. Then go through the output settings and try a bunch to see if any work. On my Optoma dlp projector OpenGL Stereo works best, but it works in frame sequential 1/2 modes as well.

Also, from your windows desktop, please make sure that you have your desktop set to 120hz.

post #10 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 AM

No, the file is side-by-side. Only when choosing "HDMI frame packing mode", it shows one above the other (I suppose that in between is about 45-lines black stripe).

Thanks for letting me know about 120Hz refresh rate. I hope I'll be able to select it.
post #11 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Nope. Possible frame rates are between 23 and 60 Hertz. Thanks anyway.
post #12 of 13 Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nope. Possible frame rates are between 23 and 60 Hertz. Thanks anyway.

Either your displayport adapter is holding you back, or something else is afoot. If it's a 3D tv it should be capable of 120hz over either hdmi, dvi or dp.

Once you have that part figured out, the rest of these instructions will produce 3D.
post #13 of 13 Old 02-03-2013, 04:05 AM

Maybe the oldest 3D TVs (the first generation of Panasonic 3D plasma TVs) do not have such capabilities or it's adapter's fault. Of course, the TV plays perfectly content from Panasonic and Samsung 3D player...
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page