IOGEAR 3D complete/MONOPRICE/3D-BEE which one should I buy money is no object - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 02-14-2013, 02:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Joe- My TD10's do the same thing. But if we follow the rules of "no edge violations, then the only image objects that may pop-out from the screen plane would be those that never see the border of the screen, or break through the plane of the frustum of the pyramid to your eyes. Because if it did, the image object would be cut off. This greatly restricts our shooting creativity, especially for event and live action but, IMO, makes for a more perfect s3D world. If shooting a scripted EFP one has the option to plan the shots in the perfect world of s3D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Yes, I agree it's probably better not to let edge violations happen - if for no other reason than that it keeps the traditionalists off your back. smile.gif OTOH, for me it's often a case of taking the shot despite edge violations or not getting the shot at all (even for a scripted program). There are too many great shots to be had to let incidental edge violations stop me, although I know I'll open myself up for criticism by shooting them. The thing is, that criticism of my footage has never, ever come from the average viewer, only those who are looking for the issue. Unlike wide divergence, which can cause the average viewer real grief, minor edge violations are not even noticed. To me, the two issues are apples and oranges. What's "acceptable" in modern 3D videography is evolving.

Joe Clark

Reply 3D Source Components