How can I film a 3D video with Sony HDR-TD10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm absolutely new at 3D Filming, and i've been working on this project where i must use the Sony HDR-TD10 (The silver one) to film 3D videos and play it on a NON-3D Projector for an audience. I was thinking about Anaglyph? or is there any other out there? since the projector is non-3d and the glass is very cheap. Is it possible? and if so, how can i film it using that camcorder? or if it's anaglyph do i even need the 3D Camcorder at all?

Thank you so much smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 102
This is pretty easy. Anaglyph Red / cyan is the universal stereoscopic system to use when you are showing on a 2D TV or projector.

Shoot your video in 3D using your TD10 camcorder. Edit your video in Sony Vegas. Render the completed video to an HD output using anaglyph red / cyan such as Windows Media Video and set the 3D Stereoscopic mode to Anaglyph (red/cyan) under the Project tab. Now render and play the file with Windows Media Player to your projector in full screen. Any laptop connected to the projector will work. Your audience will need the red/cyan glasses.

Understand that anaglyph will subdue the colors and with a projector you will need a dark room or the 3D may get washed out.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM

My experiences in the past: don't render directly to anaglyph. Video compression don't make any good for red-cyan colors.
Instead render to separate left-right video, or even side by side, and play with some 3d player.
Stereoscopic player, Powerdvd, Bino, etc.
Final projected quality would be a lot better.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

This is pretty easy. Anaglyph Red / cyan is the universal stereoscopic system to use when you are showing on a 2D TV or projector.

Shoot your video in 3D using your TD10 camcorder. Edit your video in Sony Vegas. Render the completed video to an HD output using anaglyph red / cyan such as Windows Media Video and set the 3D Stereoscopic mode to Anaglyph (red/cyan) under the Project tab. Now render and play the file with Windows Media Player to your projector in full screen. Any laptop connected to the projector will work. Your audience will need the red/cyan glasses.

Understand that anaglyph will subdue the colors and with a projector you will need a dark room or the 3D may get washed out.

Thanks, I'll try that smile.gif
post #5 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxman View Post

My experiences in the past: don't render directly to anaglyph. Video compression don't make any good for red-cyan colors.
Instead render to separate left-right video, or even side by side, and play with some 3d player.
Stereoscopic player, Powerdvd, Bino, etc.
Final projected quality would be a lot better.

Okay.. If it's like that, how can I or my audience view it? What glass is required? And would it still work on the Non-3D projector?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 PM

Set those player viewing method to red-cyan anaglyph mode, so you will see 3d with regular projectors too.
Only you avoid video recompression, which is bad for anaglyph (chroma subsampling if you want to know exactly)
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page