What component will play 3d torrents on a DLP projector? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 38 Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, so here's what I did to make it work:

1) Scrapped Stereoscopic Player and got Bino, which is free anyway.
2) Set my desktop to 1080p, 24hz
3) In Bino, set Input to Left/right, half width for my SBS test file
4) Set output to Left/right alternating
5) In Preferences, full screen settings, checked "use DPL(R) 3-D Ready Sync"

Went full screen and away it went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11

i just got tired of messing around With the xbmc so i just bought a mede8er 800..

post #33 of 38 Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM

Liked: 10
Oops, check that. Tonight it seems to demand 720p @ 120Hz for 3D. Oh well, the rest still works.

post #34 of 38 Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post

This forum frowns upon bootlegged movies. Furthermore, you ask about "Torrents", as if we have any idea what format the file is. If they are iso's, then just ask about iso's. If they are mkv's, might ask about those. But, as a rule, folks around these parts are not interested in helping you steal content.

I dunno. I've been registered and posted here a for a long time. Everyone should be aware that most people on the internet don't pay for content. The entire .mkv container is popular because people use it to repackage stolen content efficiently.

Not answering questions makes people go elsewhere, so I kind of sympathize with the OP saying this place is lame. The last few questions I've posed here have gone unanswered as well.

AVS isn't what it used to be.
post #35 of 38 Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Its fully legal to download a copy of something that you own yourself, and so therefore he answer at his question is that there is NO componet that will play torrents as torrents are not a media file in it self its just a connectionfile if one may say so.

But i can tell him, u need either a computer running XBMC at 1220/768P resolution OR u need a media player  capable of handling 3d material as the Mede8er or such alike.

I have a Laptop With xbmc but it cannot play 3d iso files i LEGALLY OWN neither will it do full frame packaging or it will neither run 1920/1280 SBS.

it will neither make 3d simulation of something 2D.

So theres ur answer pal.

Popcorn hour will NOT make 3d simulation of 2D thats why i went for the mede8er 800x something.

Also- in some countries its LEGAL to modify the firmware on exempel the Xbox, while in usa its not legal.

So since this most likely have different nationalities why not help out instead of kicking one standing asking for help.

post #36 of 38 Old 02-17-2014, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16

I don't have a dlp projector, but I do have a dlp set. It has no trouble with 3d sbs or above/below in mkv or whatever format. However, the set internally converts the 3d format for use with shutter glasses. One might suspect that dlp is not the issue, but whether or not your projector can do the internal conversion to alternating full frames.

By the way, I play the files using Plex, which as you may know, is an XBMC derivative.

post #37 of 38 Old 02-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbegutt View Post

Its fully legal to download a copy of something that you own yourself, and so therefore he answer at his question is that there is NO componet that will play torrents as torrents are not a media file in it self its just a connectionfile if one may say so.

But i can tell him, u need either a computer running XBMC at 1220/768P resolution OR u need a media player  capable of handling 3d material as the Mede8er or such alike.

I have a Laptop With xbmc but it cannot play 3d iso files i LEGALLY OWN neither will it do full frame packaging or it will neither run 1920/1280 SBS.
it will neither make 3d simulation of something 2D.

So theres ur answer pal.

Popcorn hour will NOT make 3d simulation of 2D thats why i went for the mede8er 800x something.

Also- in some countries its LEGAL to modify the firmware on exempel the Xbox, while in usa its not legal.

So since this most likely have different nationalities why not help out instead of kicking one standing asking for help.
What country is this legal in???
post #38 of 38 Old 07-08-2017, 08:19 PM

Liked: 0
Think I may have a answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2beMe View Post
I have an LG smart TV that uses passive 3d technology and torrent 3d movies work great. Now I got a Ben Q w1070 DLP 3d projector and I need a separate player, of course, to play my torrents. well... I've tried the LG 3d smart TV upgrader, The LG BP620 3d Blu-ray player, and the Panasonic DMP-BDT230 3d Blu-ray player. The TV Smart Upgrader is not a disc player, only for media streaming, it works great for 2d movies but only shows a split screen for 3d torrents. The 2 Blu-ray players do exactly the same result for the torrents BUT they do show perfect 3d image when viewing 3d from an actual store bought 3d Blu-ray disc.

So... How do I get my downloaded 3d torrents to play properly on my DLP projector?
I have a benq w1090
I plug my external hard drive into a cheap media player that lets me run hdmi to my projector so I can watch any torrents/down loaded movies in 3D I found I was having problems at 1st but finally worked it out why my 3D downloaded files when played they my external hard drive then thru my 3D projector with active glasses the picture would love like **** it would look like half 3D an half distorted
So after looking on the web I found this site I read about refresh rates an for me my projector an media player wouldn't let me change them I just about was to give up an decided to play with the aspect ratio on both my media player an my projector an bingooooo woo****inghooooo it worked
So hope this works for some such a easy fix don't be over thinking it like I was the end 🤘😜
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page