What component will play 3d torrents on a DLP projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 37 Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an LG smart TV that uses passive 3d technology and torrent 3d movies work great. Now I got a Ben Q w1070 DLP 3d projector and I need a separate player, of course, to play my torrents. well... I've tried the LG 3d smart TV upgrader, The LG BP620 3d Blu-ray player, and the Panasonic DMP-BDT230 3d Blu-ray player. The TV Smart Upgrader is not a disc player, only for media streaming, it works great for 2d movies but only shows a split screen for 3d torrents. The 2 Blu-ray players do exactly the same result for the torrents BUT they do show perfect 3d image when viewing 3d from an actual store bought 3d Blu-ray disc.

So... How do I get my downloaded 3d torrents to play properly on my DLP projector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

WOW ! Not one single person on this entire forum has an answer for this?!? This forum is lame.
post #3 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 06:34 PM

Liked: 26
I would suggest using the 3D blu ray disc of the film you want to watch, it will work alot better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post #4 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well... thanks for actually replying. BUT... you obviously missed the point. I have downloaded movies, LOL. The purpose of that is to NOT pay money for discs. A plastic disc is a waste of money AND material. Streaming and downloading is the way of the future (actually, the way of the present)

Thanks for playing though.

Any other bright ideas? Please, someone who actually knows something about this stuff.
post #5 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
This forum frowns upon bootlegged movies. Furthermore, you ask about "Torrents", as if we have any idea what format the file is. If they are iso's, then just ask about iso's. If they are mkv's, might ask about those. But, as a rule, folks around these parts are not interested in helping you steal content.
RonAlam likes this.
post #6 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 11:09 PM

You need to manually put your projector into SBS mode then it will take that splitscreen image being displayed and overlay the two images so that you can view them in 3D.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find in the menu on your projector.

Let us know how you go.
post #7 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post

This forum frowns upon bootlegged movies. Furthermore, you ask about "Torrents", as if we have any idea what format the file is. If they are iso's, then just ask about iso's. If they are mkv's, might ask about those. But, as a rule, folks around these parts are not interested in helping you steal content.

There is NO stealing going on! It's called SHARING. Sharing media content is perfectly legal. Bootlegging requires exchange of money. NO ONE is buying or selling this content. so... please get off your high horse.

As for me referring to the files as torrents, yes, my mistake on terminology, oops. most of the files are .AVS or .MKV format.
post #8 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post

There is NO stealing going on! It's called SHARING. Sharing media content is perfectly legal. Bootlegging requires exchange of money. NO ONE is buying or selling this content. so... please get off your high horse.

As for me referring to the files as torrents, yes, my mistake on terminology, oops. most of the files are .AVS or .MKV format.
post #9 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

WOW. glitch in the system, I did not post that comment 3 times. this site did that somehow.
post #10 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFourMan View Post

You need to manually put your projector into SBS mode then it will take that splitscreen image being displayed and overlay the two images so that you can view them in 3D.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find in the menu on your projector.

Let us know how you go.

I looked for an SBS mode and did not find any such option. It's a BenQ w1070 with DLP technology if that helps with a suggestion.
post #11 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2beMe View Post

Ummm, well, I'm not sure you've got all your facts straight there, but that's fine.

For Mkv, MPC-HC does all the 2D movies. Won't do 3D that I know of. I have no experience with Avs files. I use PowerDVD13 and the real disk, or an Iso of it for 3D, and MPC-HC for 2D.

Btw, there is a delete function for posts... As with most forum software.
post #12 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:

I looked for an SBS mode and did not find any such option. It's a BenQ w1070 with DLP technology if that helps with a suggestion.

Hey man, I don't own the projector but I did a quick google for the manual and maybe this can point you in the right direction.

1. Press the MENU/EXIT and go to the Display > 3D menu and press MODE/ENTER. Or you can
press the 3D Setting button on the remote control. The 3D page displays.

2. Highlight 3D Mode and press MODE/ENTER. The 3D Mode page displays.

3. Press / to highlight the 3D format that you need and press MODE/ENTER. The projector
automatically detects the format of the video when selecting Auto. If not, you need to base on the
3D format of the video to make an appropriate setting in the 3D Mode menu.

I'd imagine at step 3 you should be able to put in manually into SBS mode.
post #13 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I have the W7000 and in the menu, it is possible to force it into 3D mode and force side by side. But, leaving it on auto and just allowing the player to send 3D content should work just fine. That's all I do with mine. Assuming the 1070/1080 are similar, I would think its the software or player you are using that is keeping your 3D from playing correctly. Not the projector.

If you've got a HTPC, just go get a demo copy of PowerDVD13 and at least get things working with that. It'll give you a month to try it out. I have to say, I actually like it. It's much better than previous releases I've used. If you're not happy with it, or have a better solution, choose some other player software you like and use that instead.
post #14 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hope it's a joke otherwise where's the ban hammer? And he took shots at the forum
RonAlam likes this.

post #15 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
not stealing?! Thats like saying Im not cheating on my wife if I bang another woman...she's just "sharing" her lady parts with me...You're downloading movies without paying anything for them...remind me how this isn't stealing?
post #16 of 37 Old 05-19-2013, 11:29 PM

Liked: 11
well i think with a pc (which would be best for your files) i highly recommend XBMC too! with the aeon mq4 skin PRO MODE! oh yeah and cinema experience! EVEN MORE PRO MODE. anyways i think you will need a geforce card gtx 200 and above with the 3Dtv Play driver from nvidia. watch this video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrEiZRi2to oh and you might need benq's glasses! peace
sharetor likes this.
post #17 of 37 Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

you know the fact that people pirate generally doesn't bother me , usually you'll just get a shoulder shrug out of me ...........

but one thing I CANNOT STAND , one thing I can't BARE ......... are retarted pirates ......................

dude , just grow a set and ADMIT that your stealing because , hey you can get it for free and not get caught so why not eh ?

just pleas please , stop lying to yourself and the rest of us with this sharing crap .
RonAlam likes this.
post #18 of 37 Old 05-27-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:

WOW ! Not one single person on this entire forum has an answer for this?!? This forum is lame.

Seeing as we haven't heard from you after offerring advice I can only assume you got it all working. So I guess the forums not that lame after-all eh?

Perhaps a "thanks for helping out" wouldn't hurt. Or are you a typical leecher of content as well as information...?
post #19 of 37 Old 05-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
screw him...
post #20 of 37 Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM

As an artist, I don't like piracy. As a liberal, I don't like the government's heavy-handedness trying to prevent it, and thus prevent legal copying as well.
There are a lot of short (and not so short) 3D videos on youtube which you can download in side-by-side format, and from other sources. Many of the IMAX 3D movies were produced using public money and are in the public domain. So don't assume he "stole" the movies (although he probably did). I have also downloaded a lot of movie torrents of old movies I already own because whoever is ripping and posting them gets much better results (video quality, file size) than I seem to be able to get on my own, despite many tries and much tinkering. I packed up most of my old DVD's and put them in storage, out of the way. (I live in a tiny apartment). So now if I wanna watch one of my old movies, I just go download it. And the movie studios and government may not agree, but if I have already paid $20 for a legal legitimate licensed copy of the 2D version of a movie, I don't think I should have to pay an additional $35 for the 3D version of it.

Now, that being said...

I just got a new Viewsonic PJD7820HD projector, which is supposed to be 3D ready at full 1080p. It uses DLP technology and I bought some cheap Sainsonic DLP-view 3D glasses. I upgraded the video card in my HTPC to a new nVidia GTX-650, downloaded the latest drivers and their 3D Vision player. I also have the 3Dtv stereoscopic player and Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 Ultimate. After several days of tinkering, I still cannot get any of my side-by-side 3D video files to play with the proper 3D effect. I have set the player software for side-by-side format and manually put the projector into side-by-side mode, but either end up with 2 separate side-by-side images, or a single image blurry with 2 offset images superimposed. Based on the symptoms, I suspect that my glasses are not syncing. I have 3 pairs. I don't think there is anything else in the room that should be interfering with the DLP-Link signal. The PJD7820HD is a new model, but of course it is built on the shoulders of previous models.

So... Is anyone using cheap Sainsonic DLP-Link glasses with a Viewsonic DLP 3D projector? Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks!
post #21 of 37 Old 08-25-2013, 02:08 PM

UPDATE: SOLVED!

After days of tinkering, I finally got it working correctly. And although it makes sense now that I've found the problem, it wasn't exactly intuitive.

The problem was, that I had about three or four 3D demo videos from youtube that worked great. Super 3D effects! I had several more that sorta worked. The glasses would go in and out of sync. But most of the stuff I had wouldn't play properly at all. The glasses would never sync. I thought maybe it was because I was using cheap glasses. But looking at the reviews on Amazon and Newegg, people seemed to be liking the cheap glasses more than the expensive ones, and plenty of people with expensive ones were complaining about sync problems. I though maybe something in the room was interfering with the flash that syncs the glasses. The room is normally quite dark anyway, but I got rid of the LED digital clock, and put black electrical tape over the pilot lights on all my equipment. Still no luck. Tried adding some ambient light. No luck. Thought it might be related to frame rate, but when I checked all my videos they ranged from 23 to 30 fps.
I had been using video players meant for 3D, the Nvidia 3D Vision 3D Player, Stereoscopic player, and Cyberlink Power DVD. I tinkered with all the options and formats. I'm and engineer and a technogeek and I was getting really frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

The solution? Turns out I was onto something regarding frame rate. Play the videos in regular ol' XBMC and turn on the option under settings to match the refresh rate of the screen to the frame rate of the video file, and violà! Every video plays perfectly in 3D and there are no sync issues with the glasses! I went back and checked the [supposed] 3D video players, and couldn't find such an option in any of them.

I hope this helps someone.
post #22 of 37 Old 09-16-2013, 06:16 PM

Wow Dr Wizard!

So this maybe means you don't have to use a 3D player at all? Maybe my ordinary BSplayer would work? When the content on youtube allready is SBS format in a file. What resolution and hz are you using from output on pc?
post #23 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Seems to me that ANY media player program should work *IF* it has the option to set the refresh rate of the video card (and thus the projector or display) to the frame rate of the video file. XBMC has such an option, but oddly enough, the media player programs specifically for 3D do not (or at least not that I could find in any of the menus or dialogs). I wouldn't be surprised if VLC has such an option, but I haven't been able to locate it amongst the 6 jillion options it does have.

I have not tried to watch 3D youtube videos in the browser window, and based on what I now know, I suspect it probably wouldn't work because of the refresh rate. Instead, I have been using a video downloader program to capture the file from youtube to my hard disk first.

My resolution is 1080p, and my normal refresh rate is 60Hz, but as I said, the key here seems to be to set your refresh rate to the frame rate of the video file when watching 3D videos. The frame rate varies from video to video depending on how & where the author produced it. I have seen frame rates of 23, 23.9, 24, 25, 29.7, and 30.

CAVEAT 1: Having this option turned on causes lots of annoying flashes as videos start and stop and the projector re-syncs, even when the videos are only 2D (which of course, the majority of them are).

CAVEAT 2: I have to put my Viewsonic projector into side-by-side 3D mode AFTER XBMC has started playing the video (and thus after XBMC has changed the refresh rate) and if I stop and restart the video, the refresh rate changes, and the project goes out of 3D mode. Also very annoying.

I had an idea which I have not tried yet: XBMC supports profiles. I'm not sure if the refresh/frame rate option is stored with a profile or globally, but I was gonna try creating 2 profiles in XBMC - one for 3D with the option turned on, and one for 2D with option turned off. I'll post my results after I get around to trying it.
post #24 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 04:39 PM

I read about this guy that had problems with 3d working. His solution was to set resolution to 1920*1080 24hz. Why don't you try this 24 hz resolution on your graphic card. If it works then you dont have to change anyting anymore. The optima 131xe has this resolution for 3D use. I believe there is no problem using this resolution for ordinary desktop use also.
post #25 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Most US movies, shot in Hollywood, on film, have a 24 fps frame rate. Ergo, most 3D Blurays, made from commercial films, have a 24fps frame rate. Its the most common frame rate, but hardly the only one. As I mentioned above, I have seen rates of 23, 23.9, 24, 25, 29.7, and 30. As more and more movies are being produced on digital 4K cameras, or being entirely CGI rendered, frame rates will vary even more widely. So locking in at 24fps would only handle most movies, but not all, and even less so in the not-so-distant future.
post #26 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I just checked in the settings for bsplayer. I can set the resolution bs player changes to in fullscreen mode when starting a movie. And i can also check of "do not change resolution of video in full screen mode". Maybe this is the same that you found in your player. Anyway i am ordering a new optima hd131xe so i will try this setting in short time.
post #27 of 37 Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Resolution is NOT the same thing as frame rate! Resolution is the size of the picture, in pixels, horizontally and vertically, example: 1080p is 1920 pixels across, and 1080 pixels up and down. 720p is 1366 X 720. Frame rate is how many times the picture (regardless of the resolution) is updated each second. For American TV (NTSC), it is typically 30 frames per second. For European TV (PAL), 25 fps. Film is usually 24 fps. Computer games are often 60 fps and higher.

Just out of curiosity, I downloaded BSPlayer and looked thru the options. I did NOT see an option to change the frame rate to match the video. In fact, BSPlayer seems to be locked in to 32 fps, which is a really odd number. (Although that odd number of 32fps may have something to do with the old Toshiba notebook I installed it on. (I did not install it on my theater PC.))

Sooo.... I'm pretty sure that BSPlayer is NOT gonna work for playing 3D movie files. I think you're gonna have to use XBMC. But then again, I have a Viewsonic projector, and although I'm quite the technogeek, I was new to this whole 3D thing only a month ago, so your experience may differ. I'm sure you'll love it once you get it working, and I hope you don't have to pull your hair out like I did to find the magic combination of settings. I'd like to hear how it works out for you!
post #28 of 37 Old 09-19-2013, 01:46 AM

I am new to this 3D thing. You have come a bit further. I get my new 131xe projector today and i wil try your XBMC player. I will get back to you because it would be nice to get help with your settings.
post #29 of 37 Old 01-04-2014, 09:05 AM

Thanks for your advice, very helpful. I just got a 7820 myself and am going through all of this. But when I fire up XBMC and then try to get the projector to go into SBS mode, the 3D option in the menu is disabled. Have you encountered that?
post #30 of 37 Old 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyyik View Post

Thanks for your advice, very helpful. I just got a 7820 myself and am going through all of this. But when I fire up XBMC and then try to get the projector to go into SBS mode, the 3D option in the menu is disabled. Have you encountered that?

I have..

i found out that mkv sbs arent really fullhd so i lowered the resolution at xbmc to 1280/768 (circa) and then the meny wich allowed me to Select sbs was available on my projector..

wich is a benq th680..

Now im looking for a mediaplayer that will fix this automatically.. like popcornhour, mede8er, himedia, egreat.. etc..

I JUST HAVENT FOUND OUT WICH TO BUY!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHH!!  the best one ill Guess is the a-410 popcorn hour, then the mede8er 800x something..

Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page