Using PC and 50ST50 tv for 3D gaming? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2013, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a mid-model gaming pc with a pretty good video card in it. I was wondering if I could swap in a 3D video card and connect the pc to my ST50 to play 3D games? Will that work? Can I use the glasses for the tv? I already have a good 24" LED monitor for the PC so I don't want to buy another 3D monitor.

I'm new to setting up 3D in computers.

THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hai there!

I'm a noob at this also but I've been spending the last couple days researching this and I think I can give you an answer; Hopefully.

First of all I'm guessing you have already set up a 3D TV and all that jazz..

As long as you have a Nividia GTX550 or a Radeon 6650 or Intel 2400 or newer you should be fine as far as a GPU goes; it'll support it anyway. The issue now would be how to play said games.

There are different ways to get 3D with Radeon; my recommendation would be TriDef, it's been pretty easy for me to use; but it's 50 bucks so...

For Nividia everyone's been talking about their "Nividia 3D glasses pack" thinggy which really wouldn't help in your case, but i do believe they can use the TriDef as well.

You should be able to use your same 3D glasses as long as it's not Passive 3D (like in movie theaters)

Hope this helps biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement