Microsoft Surface Pro supports Vegas Pro v12 AND 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Last Spring I bought a Microsoft Surface Pro with 128Gb and a 64 Gb micro SD card. So far it has done everything I have thrown at it and today I am happy to report that not only does it run Vegas Pro v12 and can play the 3D video from the timeline using anaglyph on the Surface Pro's monitor but also I can connect the Surface to my Vizio 32" passive 3D monitor and play the timeline in 3D. It is not realtime on the 32" monitor but I can view the 3D in perfect passive 3D quality. The Surface Pro has a mini display port and I bought a mini to regular HDMI cable for $6 on Amazon. Connecting this cable automatically puts the full Surface Pro screen up on the Vizio. Then I imported a clip from my TD10 in the device explorer and put it on the timeline. Next I switched the Preview to Line Alternate and reversed the left and right. After selecting the external monitor in Vegas, I had great 3D of the clip on the Vizio. It is unlikely I will have a 3D monitor while traveling but I can always use the Anaglyph mode for 3D viewing from the Surface Pro screen.

I may have mentioned in another thread that the display of the Vegas GUI on the Surface Pro screen has some issues with the fonts but otherwise it works for 3D without flaws.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-22-2013, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 129
The test of 3D BluRay Playback on the Surface Pro worked great. Smooth and high quality. I was not able to get the audio to transfer through the HDMI to the 3D TV but it played fine from the Surface Pro, so for high quality stereo, I just connected a pair of headphones. A single charge on the battery played for 3 hours and 30 minutes using a total USB powered BluRay Player connected to the single USB port on the Surface Pro. I used the following 3D Blu Ray Player:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Portable-Bl...ay+Multi+Drive

The drive comes with player software for regular DVD but you need to buy the 3D player software, not cheap.

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/index_en_US.html?r=1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page