3d passive with silver screen for $1500.00 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know about this projector http://www.dayjoybuy.com/--projector_c36.html it is a one piece projector with 2 projectors stacked inside comes with projector and 120 inch silver screen for passive 3D. about $1500.00 but I can nopt find any reviews on this thing anywhere. if anyone has seen reviews please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-02-2014, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My opinion would be that you're buying a $1500 screen but maybe there's someone out there who's had a positive experience with this item.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-03-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 167
This looks like what I saw at CES2012. The screen was only 5 ft. but the stacked projector looks the same. The picture was kind of washed out and had low color saturation. A few ghosts, but it did do 3D. The demo was not in a dark room so that could be the reason for the washed out look. At that time they had no price or ETA to market. At the price point, it may be a good deal to play around with home passive projector if you have some spare cash to play with.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I don't really know anything about the company or the projector, but the Real D polarized sheets seem fairly reasonable, and the screen might be good, too. I'm a little skeptical about an LED engine driving enough lumens for bright 3D, but it appears to be an internal double stack.

If this were 3 years ago, I'd probably have ordered the electric motor screen to drop down over my regular screen and done passive 3D. I think you'd see better results just buying the filters and screen from them and using 2 "torch" projectors to drive it such as the Panasonic basic 1080p projector.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-20-2014, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
If you look at the screen shots, there is significant hot spotting, which I would expect since the screens are silver with a 2.5 gain. That high of gain on a reflective (vs. retroreflective) screen is going to cause a lot of eye strain, I think. Plus the native resolution is 1280x800. That said, I expect there is a lot of "toy" value here for the 3D crowd. And it appears they are all sold out...
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page