Need new projector for the mede8er 800. 3D problem, if u have3d and projector plz read. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

There is a little bit of back story behind here let me tell you all about my 3dproblems..

My benq th680 when i had full resolution at the mede8er would only show up two identical screens and teh 3d settings meny at the projector would be greyed out, strange..

But if i lowered manually the resolution on the mede8er to 1080i the projectro then openep up ONLY the SBS d setting and allowed me to see 3D Movies.

I found that strange, so i to test the 3D BD full frame i then started up TRON Legacy 3D 46+Gb file and it started running but in 2D??

I then tried to Select full frame packaging on the projector, but no Luck it wass also greyed out, but for some reason the SBS was opened but that just screwed up the Picture..

I have read something about this in a benq 1070W thread, but they said the meny greyed out was removed in newer firmware.

The Th680 does NOT have a newer firmware after talking to benq locally, and the projector also had some faults so i am gonna retunr it for my Money back.

So- WHO HERE have a projector that greys out the 3d settings and who here have a projecto that does NOTgrey out the 3d settings when wiewing full frame, sbs or other thing from a media player wich are set at 1920/1080??

Ill Guess in a 3d tv wich i do not have, i can try this Things out, but i have been googling and googling and at least im somewhere that i know tha the w1070 has a newer firmware.

BUT i need something wich hasat least 2500 lumen in my livingoom.

Please advise, i am also looking at the optoma hd131 but i do not know if that will have the same problem as the benq.

Also there is a brand New TH681 coming from benq NeXT month, but i cannot find any more information about that than the th680.

I have also tried this With my xbmc Laptop and i have the same problem from there..

all my cables are hdmi v.1.4

There is also no "force" 3d settings in the mede8er unless With the cyan thing that just are not useful for me With my active shutter glasses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

update-

If i take my 10 meter hdmi cable directly from the mede8er and to the projector, it will show the 3d bd iso in 3d frame packacing..

But then i wont have any sound on my reciever-.....

i have tried a multiple out hdmi splitter 1,4 With Power, but no difference, the frame packaging is lost..

So- there must be a hiccup in the reciever, i have tried passthroug, auto resolution, i have tried enable rihd on the hdmi but nothing changes anything..

BUT if i Connect the mede8er to my onkyo tx nr 609 same cables 1.4 it wont let me show frame packaging..

im stuck,

i want to be able to have the dts master and at the same time have 3D..

but something here is doing something wrong..

hmmm..

post #3 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 03:52 PM

Liked: 87
Your receiver is 3D capable. There are no such things as 1.4 HDMI cables, just standard speed and high speed. However, if it were a cable issue you would see sparkles or lines or obvious digital artifacts or no picture of any type - not a greyed out menu item. So it isn't the cable.

It actually sounds like firmware to me either in the projector or the Onkyo. Make sure you get the latest firmware for both.

BTW, JVC and Sony projectors (and many others) are all 3D capable in all modes. However, I'd strongly suggest you first try your current system with a Blu-Ray disc rather than files. 3D files can have unexpected problems. Once you get a 3D Blu-Ray disc to work, then you know your system can handle 3D and you can work on the files.
post #4 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

yesterday i had no problem getting the Picture from the mede8er to the projector, today when i have tried out some thing i cant get Picture from the mede8er to the projector, but i can get Picture form the onkyo to the projector.

I have used one of these and it seems like it boost signals, cuz without it maybe my onkyo seems 10 meter hdmi is to far?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300963803875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i will Return the projector as it have been messing With me and also giving me red Power flashes for no reasosns when i try to turn it on..

so- wait for the th681 or take the optoma 131?

i cannot find any info about colorwheel speeds either, but i thought that when i watched avatar in sbs 3d the actionscenes came a little blurry, but it was beautiful at slow scenes..

post #5 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 PM

I missed the 10 meters cable length earlier, although that is just over 30 feet. The spec for High Speed is around 25 feet. So you aren't far enough off to need one of those and in fact that can be boosting noise rather than signal.

If you really want to make sure about 10 feet of cable, either use a Redmere active cable or convert to cat 6. Boosting signals without regards for the cable length and type usually makes things worse.

SBS will always be a little blurry - it is 960x1080 per eye, after all. Frame packed will be 1920x1080 per eye.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

ehh, why are u bringing in the cat6 network cable into this?

I have no problem With trasnferring data, but my best Guess is that the projector was faulty so it did some weird Things..

i tried so many Things yesterday, i tried the hdmi splitter on the mede8er but then i lost dts master wich i belive got lost in my New hdmi splitter..

So it looks like i need to manually when i wanna switch tv and projector change the cable in the output at the onkyo, and also

ill Guess sticking With SBS since the frame pack gets lost inside the onkyo somewhere.

I now just need to focus on finding a New projector, and maybe a splitter that i can set at the mede8er on the output without loosing dts master. that way i can directly route Picture to my projector and the sound to my onkyo..

any suggestions?

post #7 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbegutt View Post

ehh, why are u bringing in the cat6 network cable into this?

You are kind-of all over the place with your troubleshooting based on what you wrote. What I responded was that you don't need and you shouldn't use a splitter / amplifier while troubleshooting. What is important is that you use a good quality cable. High speed cables (the ones that can handle any signal) have a maximum length of about 8.5 meters. Many standard speed cables will still work for 1080p/24 3D, which is frame packed 3D from a Blu-Ray player. In any event, an amplifier is only going to likely make things worse.

Also the use of a splitter, if both outputs are connected, can cause you to lose frame packed 3D. Again, don't troubleshoot with the splitter/amplifier in use.

When troubleshooting you want to solve one variable at a time. First get the Blu-Ray player (disc only - no file) to work from the player to the projector (no Onkyo) consistently. If you can't get that to work all of the time, then there is no purpose in proceeding further. You would then have a defective projector or Blu-Ray player.

If you can get that to work consistently, then add the Onkyo next. Only the Onkyo. No splitters, no distribution amps, no external switches. Use good cables. If that fails to work, move the projector closer to the Onkyo and use a short HDMI High Speed cable. That will eliminate the HDMI cable as a cause.

Only once you get the Blu-Ray to Onkyo to projector working consistently, only then should you add anything else or introduce file playback.

HDMI is complicated for anything beyond point to point. When you add multiple variables you 'll make it impossible to troubleshoot even with a new projector. Remember add one variable at a time.

You may indeed have a projector problem, but based on what you wrote, it could just as likely be a problem with using the splitter/amplifier.

BTW, did you make sure the splitter/amplifier was really 3D capable? The eBay ad says it is 3D capable but based on HDMI version 1.3, which is usually not 3D capable (1.4a was where 3D was introduced).
Tobbegutt likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

yes i know, im all over the Place..

this is my 10meter hdi cable, wich Connected directly from the mede8er to the projector had no problem showing full frame packaging.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230704020018?var=530038471118&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have also looked closer at the splitter, and it looks like its the one that messes around,  With the full frame as its 1.3 as u noticed, as well did i, its just a shame that to get a spltter 1.4 i need to fork out another 60 usd or so to get the newer Version..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI1-4-Splitter-1-x-2-Support-deep-color-30-36-48-bit-per-pixel-1080P-3D-60Hz-/171122976007?pt=US_Splitters_Combiners&hash=item27d7b96507  found one free shipping from China for 35 usd.. good!, Will this most likely fix the hdmi splitter problem i have do you reckon?

I also saw the same one and in the ad they claimed it to support all audio including dts MASTER and its the MASTER i need so badly to get full effect here at home..

ive been head Down googling or head Down behind my stereobench or scratching my head since xmas so this looks like its the final step.

expept of buying a new projector.

post #9 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 07:49 AM

First, the advertising for the cable on ebay looks wrong and is in violation of the HDMI Org's labeling requirements. Nowhere does it say High Speed cable, which means it is only guaranteed to work for 1080i and 720p, despite anything else that might be written in the ad. It is not guaranteed for 3D even though it says it is. But if it is working then there is no reason to change it.

There isn't likely an eBay splitter that will work for you if you use the second port on the splitter. Here's the way HDMI works - if you hook up two sinks (a projector and a TV for instance) at the same time, then the source will only send what is compatible with *both* sinks. So if you hook up a 3D-ready projector and a non-3D TV, then you will not get 3D, even if the TV is off (actually it's in standby) and the projector is on. This is called the HDMI lowest common denominator requirement.

With DTS-HD MA (it's not called dts MASTER), if your source HDMI output goes directly to the Onkyo (no splitters in the way) then you'll get DTS-HD MA. If you use a splitter in front of the Onkyo and hook one output to a TV or projector, then you won't get DTS-HD MA.

There are ways around the lowest common denominator requirement but you won't find those on eBay for $35.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

ahh.. ill see-..

well, since the white one stated it was a 1.4 and it could send through full frame i went and bought it..

but even if i need to unhook the the TVhdmi from the splitter wich i am thinking of placing on the output at the onkye, thats better than having to fumble behind the reciever every now and then..

I have never heard of that hdmi sink issue, so most likely i have some there as my tv is a old 50" plasma lg 720P.

Many thanks for taking the time and clearing this out..

Do you have any reccomendendations of projectors dlp as well? ;)

DLP as i have already bought thos 144hz sainsonic glasses..

post #11 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 09:42 AM

Yes, if you are using an LG 720p TV and the LG only accepts 720p, then as soon as you hook that into the splitter, both outputs will only receive 720p and no 3D (and no deep color). If the TV accepts 1080p but only displays 720p, then 1080p would be available on both outputs.

What you have to remember is that your source can only send one video and one audio stream at any time. So, if you want it to send 720p and 1080p at the same time, it can't. That's why splitters can really complicate HDMI setups.

I only use LCOS-based projectors (JVCs and Sonys). So I don't have a recommendation for DLP-based projectors.
Tobbegutt likes this.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-30-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Solution:

Mede8er 8003XD

Benq TH681

Sainsonic active shutter glasses Ebay.

Onkyo tx-609

Netgear NAS