3D Active Shutter Glasses Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-15-2014, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I recently purchased a ViewSonic PJD7820HD DLP projector. I got some 3D glasses that were recommended for it on Amazon initially and they work great but, due to my massive noggin, they weren't very comfortable. I found some "large" glasses that were supposed to be universal. Everything in the product description indicated they would work with any 3D DLP projector. But they won't synch up. The glasses are Xpand X104LX2 YOUniversal 3D glasses. I tried the autosynch mode and all of the manual synch options. No dice. Anybody know a way to fix this? Or can anyone tell me if they are simply not compatible so I can return them? Also, is there any surefire way to tell which glasses are compatible with which projectors/TV's before you buy them? I can't seem to find anything that explains this very well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-17-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Viewsonic is not listed as one of the brands supported by those glasses on the manufacturer's website, so I would suggest you return them.

There are various types of glasses that will work with DLP Link technology; I used to own a couple of pairs of these, but got rid of them because they were too large for me and I found them quite heavy:

http://www.adorama.com/OUBGZD101R.html?gclid=CMf5uar-07wCFRQV7AodvzcAmw
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page