Edius 7.30 Update - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearer69 View Post
I have windows 8.1 64bit, 16Gb ram, I7-3770k cpu, Nvidia 2Gb GTX 760, all watercooled, LG 3D monitor + LG 3d Passive tv as a monitor also. I would of thought this is high enough spec to run edius. I emailed grass valley regarding error code but no reply as yet. No way am I buying it at £500+ if the trial don't even work on my current machine.
Your system is plenty powerful enough to run Edius. For 3D video editing, you'll need a good SSD or at least two fast HDDs that are RAID0 striped. My system is very similar, except that I use Windows 7 Ultimate. I have a single 256GB system SSD, and a single 512GB SSD and two RAID0 striped SSDs that I use for 3D editing. I also keep a 3 TB HDD in the system for local storage. Grass Valley should be able to tell you why you weren't able to get Edius to install.

You didn't try to install 6.5 and 7 at the same time, did you? There's no need to install the Edius 6.5 trial. Just skip it and go straight to 7.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 37 Old 06-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Member
 
shearer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gateshead, United Kingdom
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
Your system is plenty powerful enough to run Edius. For 3D video editing, you'll need a good SSD or at least two fast HDDs that are RAID0 striped. My system is very similar, except that I use Windows 7 Ultimate. I have a single 256GB system SSD, and a single 512GB SSD and two RAID0 striped SSDs that I use for 3D editing. I also keep a 3 TB HDD in the system for local storage. Grass Valley should be able to tell you why you weren't able to get Edius to install.

You didn't try to install 6.5 and 7 at the same time, did you? There's no need to install the Edius 6.5 trial. Just skip it and go straight to 7.
No I installed 7 first got error, then tried 6.5. I have 500g ssd main drive + 4 x 2TB barracudas for storage (1 used for editing), have a spare 500GB ssd I could put in as a rendering and editing disc if really needed. as most of my movies average 30-45 mins long at the moment.
shearer69 is offline  
post #33 of 37 Old 06-30-2014, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearer69 View Post
No I installed 7 first got error, then tried 6.5. I have 500g ssd main drive + 4 x 2TB barracudas for storage (1 used for editing), have a spare 500GB ssd I could put in as a rendering and editing disc if really needed. as most of my movies average 30-45 mins long at the moment.
A single HDD isn't recommended for HD editing, although it often works, but you don't want to try editing 3D with a single HDD, even a fast one. I recommend you put the spare SSD in your system for 3D editing. In any case, that shouldn't be the reason you're having issues with a simple install.

Again, Grass Valley should be able to help you get through the install. You could also register on the GV Forum. List your system configuration and other Edius users also might have suggestions. It could be a Windows 8 issue, but AFAIK Edius is Windows 8 compatible.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is offline  
post #34 of 37 Old 07-02-2014, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
I'm glad you were able to find a solution.

I did my first multi-camera editing in Edius tonight. It was a simple two-camera shoot for my parish. I discovered that when Edius pulls in AVCHD footage, it automatically stitches the clips together if the recording creates several files between start and stop. The individual clips are joined without the user having to do anything other than adding the clips. It takes a while to analyze and do the stitching, but all you have to do is wait for it to finish the process. Strange as it may sound, I've never done a project with clips this long before, so it was new information to me. Fortunately, multi-camera editing seems fairly straightforward and easy. It doesn't take long to get the knack of it. You can use up to 16 cameras. Very cool!
To follow up on this, I edited the annual parish show (2 hours 20 minutes) over the last couple of days. I got really lucky with the two JVC cameras (HMZ1 and TD1 with the same settings). I simply pressed start and stop at the same time on both. No audio/video sync problems at all in Edius! I placed the cameras on two tracks, switched into "Multi-cam" mode and hit the camera I wanted as they played. I made adjustments after the fact (very easy), then consolidated the edits to a single track to add titles, graphics and dissolves. A little more tweaking and it was done. I did the whole thing from a single HDD without a hiccup. Multi-cam editing in Edius couldn't be much easier or smoother.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is offline  
post #35 of 37 Old 07-02-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Oh, I finished the project in PowerDirector 12. I exported a DVD compliant MPEG2 file from Edius. It's a shame, but nobody seems to be interested in Blu-ray. I'll create a Blu-ray disc for myself, but all the parishioners want is DVD. Sad.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is offline  
post #36 of 37 Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Member
 
shearer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gateshead, United Kingdom
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
Oh, I finished the project in PowerDirector 12. I exported a DVD compliant MPEG2 file from Edius. It's a shame, but nobody seems to be interested in Blu-ray. I'll create a Blu-ray disc for myself, but all the parishioners want is DVD. Sad.
It is a shame, the problem lies where a lot of people still don't have BD players or HD TV. The same over here there were rapid sales of new tech etc but take up not as high as expected especially with older generation like when tv went totally digital most just got a freeview box or skybox etc plugged into ithe old systems with a scart lead.
shearer69 is offline  
post #37 of 37 Old 07-03-2014, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearer69 View Post
It is a shame, the problem lies where a lot of people still don't have BD players or HD TV. The same over here there were rapid sales of new tech etc but take up not as high as expected especially with older generation like when tv went totally digital most just got a freeview box or skybox etc plugged into ithe old systems with a scart lead.
I'm sure the same basic thing is happening here, too. I also suspect that there's a substantial number of people who have both HDTVs and Blu-ray players but still don't buy Blu-ray discs. When I edited and authored my church's 100th anniversary video, only a handful of copies sold on Blu-ray, but over 250 DVDs were sold. It was a shame, because the Blu-ray obviously looked a lot better.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is offline  
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off