JVC: Sharpness & bitrate - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
JVC: Sharpness & bitrate

Did you also notice that sharpness of the JVC HMZ1U (TD1) of some clips is sometimes reduced? I suppose that codec efficiency becomes relatively low in some situations. One of such examples is shown below (see left and right pictures), which was taken with the highest possible bit rate (mp4 mode). The video became blurred in the left bottom corner, especially on the right picture. It happened many times on my camera, even when there are not so many details on the picture. However, the heaviest blurring always happens in the left bottom corner. Probably codec spent all available data before trying to code the left bottom part of the picture?!? :-)

Damir
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tusc01_l.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	916.7 KB
ID:	147602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tusc01_r.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	878.7 KB
ID:	147610  

Last edited by crunchy3d; 07-04-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I doubt it has anything to do with compression, it's likely just the lens being wacky. Make sure it's clean and try adjusting focus, if it continues to do it there might be something wrong with the lens. Try cleaning it and use it in a bright high contrast scene and see if it continues to do it.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-06-2014, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Such things are not regular. Usually the entire picture is sharp. Funny thing is that, when it happens, some parts of the picture (in foreground and background) are relatively sharp, while the other parts are blurred. Go figure.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-19-2014, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy3d View Post
Such things are not regular. Usually the entire picture is sharp. Funny thing is that, when it happens, some parts of the picture (in foreground and background) are relatively sharp, while the other parts are blurred. Go figure.

Hi, I have two gstd1 one have the same, blurring in the left bottom corner... what do you do?

thanks...
post #5 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

I can't do a lot and it's bothering. The blurring is not always the same. Maybe the sensor is not perpendicular to optical axis or there is some other reason?

Damir
post #6 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Arrgh, all 3d cams are defective?
I had 3 (!) TD10, now a TD30, and all
right picture was blurry
Some more, some not so much, but that was always the case.
Maybe the MVC codec is also problem for realtime encoding.
Oh, i forgot my Fuji W3. Guess what? Right lens was blurry too!
post #7 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 210
My right vision is also blurry. Got that fixed with Rx glasses. Now both eyes are very sharp. Except if I wink, I still lose my 3D perception.

post #8 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy3d View Post

Not obvious light reflections could be causing this. You don't see them, but the camera does and the contrast blows out in the area causing a blurring effect. Or, and I have to admit this has happened more than once, you smudged the lens with a finger unknowingly and that oil, which sometimes can't be easily seen, blurs the image at odd places in the final picture. Or, and this is a hidden problem that most photogs never realize, air conditioned cars will cool down a camera or reduce humidity, and when the camera is taken out to shoot, a slight fog can appear anywhere on the lens and even inside the lens that you can't see. This can cause uneven sharpness. When you travel to your photo site, keep the AC off and the vent on to let the car acclimate to the site you are at. Also take the camera out it's case that came from inside your home long before you shoot, again with the AC off. If you are going to shoot indoors after arriving, then leave the AC on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page