AVS Forum banner

3D HDMI splitter

632 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  3DBob 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The box is 1.3b compliant for 3D. As long as you don't need 1.4 (with Ethernet or 4K support) you should be okay. Check out the one direct from Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_...1011301&p_id=10249&seq=1&format=2#description -- not the one through ebay sent from China (that's not from Monoprice is it??). Monoprice has a pretty good return policy from my experience. You must make sure you hdmi cables are "high speed" 1.3 or 1.4 as well. Only problem I've seen with a 1.3b switcher is that it might not pass bluray 1080x24p. However, the Monoprice splitter says it supports 4K, so I suspect it's a 1.4 box. Only way to tell is to try it.

#3 · (Edited)
I have this one

I haven't used it for 3D, it was for my second HT room with an AVR without HDMI. It worked great, no power needed, auto switches and it's 3 ports. I had to replace it once because I had a power short at a bad outlet, and it fried the unit, not the unit's fault though. It ended up frying the PS3's video card that was hooked up to it, power must have traveled through all of it. Don't think the unit could have stopped it.

edit:, oh I see, for splitting. I remember I tried a unit out for splitting the audio from HDMI to go to optical, I can't remember what the unit was, but it didn't work. The video came out messed up.

#6 ·
I found what I bought. It was a HDMI switch with optical output, supposed to split the audio from HDMI, which it only did in 2.0, and video came thru pink. The unit was from Monoprice and I sent it back. Not the same thing though.

#7 ·
splitter is in the mail.. I have a hdmi splitter for a year now, splitting signal from STB to tv and monitor on top of my rack. It is not 3D but still does the job..

#8 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
3D Bob: Watched the Royal Rumble (my sons request) thru PS3 --> via WWE network. No problems with projector or sound. Even the fake blood looked real. Here is picture of Matthews from GB/Seattle game on projector.. need anymore help, just drop me a PM..

matt

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.