AVS Forum banner

3D Blu Ray player needed....

718 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  High Gear 
#1 ·
OK, can I be allowed to be lazy one time and not research this? Can I lean on this forums members to guide me in choosing one in the $100 to $150 range? I never was interested in 3D, but when my daughters friend launched a Wii controller into my beloved plasma, I was forced to buy one. I have a Samsung PN51F8500 3D plasma. I don't know where 3D is going, if it's a sinking ship and all, but it has been time for a while to replace my SLOOOOW Panasonic player. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Depends on whether you need wifi and/or streaming, but players are so inexpensive now, they usually have both. I've always had good luck with the Sony players. Of course, you'll want a 3D player and the Sony BDPS6200 is nice and a close cousin the highly rated (though Amazon buyers would argue that) more expensive BDPS7200. The best are the Oppo's, and Samsung is pretty good as well. Do a search on best 3D bluray players as see what you get. There is a world of opinion out there.

So, to make sure you are not left behind, get something that does upscaling of DVDs to 1080p, wifi so you don't have to hard connect to the Internet, has streaming of all the popular streamers like Netflix, Amazon, Sony Entertainment, etc., does 3D with manual parallax separation control for more or less depth (Sonys do that--some others do or don't), and has 2D to 3D conversion (Sony does that well in my opinion). And of course must be a bluray player--not just a DVD player--some people are still struggling with this.

Good luck...I'm sure others will chime in as well--you know about opinions right--everyone has one...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDPS6200...1421791094&sr=8-4&keywords=sony+bluray+player

#5 ·
3Dbob, thanks for the response. I will be connecting the BD player to my router, so WiFi is not a issue. What do you think about the Samsung BD-H6500?
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/blu-ray-dvd/BD-H6500/ZA

This one has a poor browser if you want to use the Internet--but that said, most are not that good in browser mode. It forces you to switch to 3D mode for 3D discs, whereas the Sony does automatically and does not appear to have a 3D separation control like the Sony. It also does not do 2D to 3D conversions. I agree with Worf, try the other threads with users that have a Samsung and see what they like best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.