post #1 of 11 Old 09-20-2016, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Vegas Pro 14

9-20-2016

Vegas Pro 14 is here, time for a new thread.

There are three versions: Edit, Pro, Suite.

Pro retail is still 599.00 though I paid less for 13.

My upgrade offer shows 249.00 to upgrade so I may proceed, just wish I knew what's happening with some of the bugs left with the last few V. 13 updates.

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-27-2016, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Looking at what is to offer for 3D there really isn't much that I can find. Unless you shoot with Apple Pro Res codec or need h.265 there doesn't seem to be much reason to upgrade. Others are saying the upgrade price is also steep based on previous upgrade pricing which were typically around 160-180.

At this point I'm really not sure if I will upgrade. I've finally got everything going right in Vegas Pro 13 v. 428 after upgrading system, now everything is running smoothly. There's some minor additions with titling from New Blue, zooming, deinterlacing, a few other effects. Not sure if it's worth the 250 upgrade price.

post #3 of 11 Old 09-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Predator - Brian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Looking at what is to offer for 3D there really isn't much that I can find.
Does it even support MVC? I noticed it's missing on the specs page for Vegas 14

-> No longer looking for Hi-Vision LDs <-

(I buried that format finally)

www.ispeedonthe405.com

post #4 of 11 Old 09-29-2016, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I viewed a YT review and it does still show MVC in the render options. You had me wondering since they removed the Sony branding, I thought they might be taking the MVC encoder away. I actually don't use it from Sony so it isn't a big deal for me. I prefer the Power Director discs since they have 3D menu screens and VP doesn't have menu screens at all inside VP have to use DVDA.
Don Landis likes this.

post #5 of 11 Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1313 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Tom, I thought the upgrade offer was for $199. I deleted the email but I may still have a Hillary copy.

If I can find it I'll send you a copy of it.

I am pretty much finished now with Vegas Pro. With my latest hardware change here Edius is really screaming along and able to play dual 4K video streams with multiple audio tracks with no buffering. Plus I am learning more advanced stuff with the effects that were not possible with Vegas Pro. You tube instructionals are great too. Too bad you can't make the switch.

I generally render an MP4 SBS for YT and also a Left Right pair to put into Power Director for any 3D disk burning needs or to render to an iso file for my juke box in the home theater.

My 3D videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR 4311ci, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite: Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director15, i7-950, LG 3D TV DM2752
post #6 of 11 Old 09-29-2016, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I have the upgrade offer email, they are Edit: 200 Pro: 250 Suite: 350.

Here is the direct link, offer good thru 10-16-2016. http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com...=US_39_vcs_upg

I may upgrade but hold off on the install as I'm in the middle of a large garden feature with footage from my pro AG-3DA1 camera which I filmed back in 2014. Haven't had a chance to get to the footage over 4 hours of content to go thru. Finally have VP all sorted out now and with a full 3D display to view while editing.

Honestly Don, I can't see any reason to switch editors at this point. VP, while V. 13 is a little dated it covers everything I need for 3D and 4K, though the one feature I was missing stereoscopic titling which is available in PD, is also available in VP. I didn't see it before, but you have to have the NB titler plugin then it's possible, so I was wrong that VP didn't offer it.

For effects it's really about the plugins, VP really has everything that Edius has and V. 14 now brings it up to more current standards. The problem with upgrading right now is that there are going to be new bugs to sort out with making the change to Magix. I've been reading about rendering support which is now gone for certain GPU's. I think in time, they'll get it sorted out. I'm thinking about just getting the box upgrade and just hold off a little while until I get finished up on current project. I don't want to upgrade in the middle of something.

Now that my system is updated it's handling VP much better. I now have 2 4K displays running, 28" 2D monitor and a 49" 4K LG TV with 3D. My GPU only handles up to 30hz in 4K but I don't work with content higher than that. Occasionally 108060p 2D but I can down rez either monitor if I need to. For 3D preview I do have to set the LG 4K to 1080 for 3D. For 4K3D content I can view on the LG now and it's pretty sweet, ultra sharp 3D. Not sure if I can view in VP for 4K3D while editing, haven't tried. When I enable preview and display is set to 4K it doesn't overlap correctly for 3D when set to top/bottom on LG. Works fine when set to 1080p or if playing a direct file from media player.

post #7 of 11 Old 10-04-2016, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Video Guys has the Magix Vegas Pro 14 upgrade for $225 now. Regular $236 plus 5% (INSIDER5 coupon code) through this link. You can use this code on their other products as well.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-04-2016, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1313 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Is there a chart showing the product differences?

Bob- there is no link on your post.

Tom, the prices you posted are what I saw. Thanks for the link but not sure I will buy it. What I need can be done with my Sony Vegas Pro 13.

My 3D videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR 4311ci, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite: Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director15, i7-950, LG 3D TV DM2752
post #9 of 11 Old 10-05-2016, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oops, here is the link for Vegas Pro 14 upgrade:
http://www.videoguys.com/shop/allbra...y-version.html
post #10 of 11 Old 10-05-2016, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I've gone back and forth on whether I'll upgrade. I think at 250 for the pro version that I have now, I'll just stay at 13. I don't see anything that is new for 3D. h.265 might be nice but I can always render to h.265 in handbrake later which is a free app. The problem with h.265 is that it is very processor intensive and therefore much slower at rendering. Because Sony abandoned the VP platform they never got h.265 on before they sold it off. PD added h.265 in V13.

One reason I wouldn't mind upgrading, maybe the only reason is to get the included newblu fx package in the suite version which is 350. Newblu stand alone package for v. 4 is about 300 IIRC so it's not a bad deal in that respect. But VP 14 itself, I'm not seeing much that interests me so I may be sticking with V 13 too. I did skip V 14 on PD last year, you really don't have to upgrade every time unless there's a tool or feature you really need, but VP 14 I don't see anything I can't live without. Most of the reviews said the same thing. It's pretty much the same. They made the icons bigger. There's new support for HD upconversion to 4K but I think you can perform that in 13 too but I haven't tried. I haven't worked with 4K enough yet to mix footage. To me, this seems like a lite upgrade at a premium upgrade price.

post #11 of 11 Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Magix has upped the price on Vegas 14, but has special deal going on now. http://www.videoguys.com/magix-vegas...rossgrade.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page