Viewing 3D MKV in Windows 7 ? HELP! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-03-2016, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Viewing 3D MKV in Windows 7 ? HELP!

I have a Windows 7 based HTPC with an Intel HD2000 motherboard integrated graphics card, running Emby. I have a 3D capable Blu Ray player, and watch Blu Ray 3D movies using Power DVD 15. My HTPC is hooked to a 3D capable Samsung HDTV.

I've ripped 3D Blu Rays from my collection using MakeMKV's 3D MKV (MVC) option, but I am unable to play them in MPC-HC or any other program I've tried. The only luck I've had is with Stereoscopic Player, of which I only have the demo version. Stereoscopic player is somewhat expensive and would require me to manually activate 3D on the TV's remote every time I watch a movie. It also seems that you can't reconfigure the fast forward\rewind keyboard shortcuts, so its a bit incompatible with my current setup.

Does anyone know of another (preferrably freeware) 3D MKV player that is compatible with Windows 7? Is there any way to get 3D to work in MPC-HC or MPC-BE?

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-02-2017, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mranim8or View Post
I have a Windows 7 based HTPC with an Intel HD2000 motherboard integrated graphics card, running Emby. I have a 3D capable Blu Ray player, and watch Blu Ray 3D movies using Power DVD 15. My HTPC is hooked to a 3D capable Samsung HDTV.

I've ripped 3D Blu Rays from my collection using MakeMKV's 3D MKV (MVC) option, but I am unable to play them in MPC-HC or any other program I've tried. The only luck I've had is with Stereoscopic Player, of which I only have the demo version. Stereoscopic player is somewhat expensive and would require me to manually activate 3D on the TV's remote every time I watch a movie. It also seems that you can't reconfigure the fast forward\rewind keyboard shortcuts, so its a bit incompatible with my current setup.

Does anyone know of another (preferrably freeware) 3D MKV player that is compatible with Windows 7? Is there any way to get 3D to work in MPC-HC or MPC-BE?

Thanks,
Mike
Daum PotPlayer. It's free and works better than stereoscopic player or Bino. https://potplayer.daum.net/
VLC also plays 3D MKV files but not as well as potplayer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
3d htpc samsung mkv mvc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page