Samsung BD-J5700ZA 3D Capable or not?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-25-2016, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Samsung BD-J5700ZA 3D Capable or not??

Hi all,

I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas. I asked for and Santa delivered a new Samsung BD-J5700ZA 3D Blu Ray Player..

Now I noted it did not mention 3D on the Box any where so Berfore I was going to open it up I checked the Manual directly off the Samsung Website.. In the manual it did not mention if it was 3D Capable anywhere in there..

Now on the Samsung website where the specs are it says it is?? so I am trying to confirm is this BluRay 3D Capable or not as I have 2 conflicting spots saying 2 different things??

I was going to call Samsung tomorrow but figured I would try here and might get an answer before tomorrow..

I also wanted to know do I need a 3D Capable receiver or will a Reciever with HDMI Passthrough will it pass the 3D signal or do I need a 3D Ready Receiver if I hook the Projector and blu ray to the Receiver..

Thank you
Nephilim'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-26-2016, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
No apparently it is not 3D capable. The J5900, J7500 and J6300 are. As for 3D pass through. If your receiver does 1.4 pass through, then should. Experience from a lot of users regarding pass through is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You just have to try and see. If not, you'll need an hdmi splitter to get the sound to the receiver and the other directly to the projector. Or use optical out from the bluray if it has it to the receiver, but you won't get full sound with optical.

Here is the Samsung spec sheet: http://www.samsung.com/us/system/con...et_3-30-15.pdf No mention of 3D. But if you look at the other models, they clearly say 3D in the specs.

However, their main page has all the model and it states that the J5700 has 3D--but I think that's a typo. http://www.samsung.com/us/television...1+hv1ui+zq20b/
post #3 of 7 Old 12-27-2016, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I wonder why this happened.. I am unsure but it stinks..

I am wondering IF I should just get the new oppo?? I still have a SACD and DVD-a Collection..

post #4 of 7 Old 12-27-2016, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post
I wonder why this happened.. I am unsure but it stinks..

I am wondering IF I should just get the new oppo?? I still have a SACD and DVD-a Collection..
Go for it...let us know how it works out.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-27-2016, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
Go for it...let us know how it works out.

Well I will see about getting the Oppo but I need to get a few things besides that as well.. I am going to try and make a 3D Theater.. I just love 3D I have my Gaming rig that is on a Big 4x10 curved screen it is Awesome..

I have the new screen material just need the Blu ray player, 3D PRojector and maybe a receiver..

I can't wait for the new year

post #6 of 7 Old 01-01-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post
Well I will see about getting the Oppo but I need to get a few things besides that as well.. I am going to try and make a 3D Theater.. I just love 3D I have my Gaming rig that is on a Big 4x10 curved screen it is Awesome..

I have the new screen material just need the Blu ray player, 3D PRojector and maybe a receiver..

I can't wait for the new year
Ahh, the New Year, and new toys...err...technology to play with. I'm just curious as to your curved screen and new material. Is that homemade rig?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-01-2017, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well the Curved screen is on my PC I play Games on like DCS World and such. The screen was DIY but the material I used is called Sintra..

I also bought similar material for my Home Theater screen off ebay.. it seems to be the same as Sintra but thinner..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page