Sony HDR-TD20V: External storage problem and audio question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-03-2017, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sony HDR-TD20V: External storage problem and audio question

Thats a really fine thread and now after 3 years I hope to get even more information from the nice members of this forum:

I own a Sony HDR-TD20V and have tried the Brorsoft MTS converter to get side by side conversion to mkv format. But the quality is not good even if its a professional software for 39 bucks. Ghosting and bad images are all over the converted movies. Any suggestions what I do wrong?

In addition I copied 3D files to an external drive but lost the adapter and copied them afterward through windows to another hard drive. The Sony camera is not able to
read the pictures and movies on the 2nd hard drive (I have formatted it before using it with the camera internal formatting program). It tells me it cant find any pictures. What I am doing wrong?
What can I do to preserve all GPS information on the hard drive so that the camera can directly use the movies from external drive and play them?

During playing videos I hear the sound of the camera louder then from HDMI- how can I change that?

Best regards
Micael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
In order for the camera to read the files directly they would have to be left in the original format. I don't think anyone here uses their 3D cameras to play back files other than for just initial checking before editing, might be a few out there but that seems very restricting. Much easier to use a NLE then render to top/bottom or SBS and play with media player or burn to disc.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-17-2017, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
In order for the camera to read the files directly they would have to be left in the original format. I don't think anyone here uses their 3D cameras to play back files other than for just initial checking before editing, might be a few out there but that seems very restricting. Much easier to use a NLE then render to top/bottom or SBS and play with media player or burn to disc.
Thanks for your comment- I would love to do that and bought the MTS converter from Brorsoft. Its easy to convert the MTS files to .mkv or .mp4 side by side format. But the conversion is flawed somehow- when looking the conversion on 3D TV or 3D sony beamer, there are ghostimages and front/back reverses.
Do you have a easy conversion solution where the converted files have the same good quality as the original? That`s the reason, that I want to use the 3D camera to play back the files from HD.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-17-2017, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Micael, as far as I know, you can't play the files with the Sony HDR-TD camcorder since you moved them without using your camera and there is no way to make them playable with your camcorder again.
I can only recommend you to use Vegas Pro to convert your files into SBS or HOU. Vegas Pro isn't cheap, but it's doing the job pretty well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page