AVS Forum banner

SS3D Guide

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  walford 
#1 ·
Due to the level of interest exhibited by large group of individuals regarding SS3D, I decided it would be ideal to construct a guide that can offer basic understanding of the subject in question.

I think I've organized it adequately, but some sections can be a bit technical and difficult to acknowledge.

Feel free to point out the errors and let me know if you would like for me to expand or add a subject of interest

>| Click Here to Download |

Update: The Guide is Now Complete.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the comprehensive document.

Is "SS3D" an official acronym for "StereoScopic 3D", or did you make that up?

Another thing, you state:
Quote:
5. Do I have to buy a new HDMI cable?

No! It should have enough bandwidth to support 1080p120. If it does not, the effect on screen will be highly obvious, in which case, it is better to invest in better cable

Actually, you probably need new cables for 1080p120. Fortunately, 3D over HDMI will be 1080p24*2, 720p60*2 and 1080i60*2, which do not require more from the cable than 1080p60.

#6 ·
Nielo,

I can understand why those of you in the UK use SS3D instead of S3D which is more common to be used in the US since S3D is the name of a British company haveing nothing to do with Video display format. So a minor change to the Guide might be to point out when you introduce the SS3D abreviation that you point out that the abreviation S3D is often used in the US instead of SS3D.

The latest updated to the Guide are great.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielo TM /forum/post/18316621

I don't know why I chose to call it SS3D (maybe it sounds better) but it is interesting reading the response.
What do you thing I should do, call it SS3D and mention the US abbreviation or just stick to S3D?

What is with the gray lettering? You haven't choosen the black background with the white lettering?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.