DLP Dualview and new DLP Link glasses? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now that there are actually a few DLP Link glasses not just the crystal eyes from RealD ($450) has anyone tried this tech with 2 xbox 360's linked for 2 player full screen on same screen. All the info I read on the Dualview tech was that it used the DLP Link technology with realD but when that tech came out the realD Crystaleyes were the only DLP Link glasses (no way to check compatibility then) Is there something else going on with the crystal eyes to allow this? or now that I have my xpand 102's can I utilize this feature in gaming? Haven't tried yet because i haven't had someone over with same game and another xbox 360 and the link to link the 2 together. Hope so seems like fun tech.

Anyone try this yet?

DLP Dualview you tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGuXlNe6s7s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure this was the right place to put this thread seeing as it isn't 3D tech just tech involving 3D accessories. I guess it could have gone in the gaming section as well just thought it might get more attention here? Anyway I thought it was cool that these glasses may have a different use aside from 3D.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Very cool technology. I remember reading about this a while ago and I am also interested on what is needed to get this technology working. Since most games aren't 3D on the 360 this is useful so I still get a benefit of the new projector and glasses with 2D content!
post #4 of 8 Old 04-15-2010, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Well I spoke with the people at xpand and they spoke with mitsubishi and gave this reply.

Hello Alan,

Here is the response I got about DLP TVs:

There is nothing in the TV that can access the two different inputs similutaionusly as required for Dual View - Dual View is the mixing of two separate sources, such as two game consoles, and using Left eye information for player A and Right eye information for player B. For our TVs this mixing must be done externally, we cannot do it internally.

Texas Instruments has demonstrated this feature using an external dongle that has two HDMI inputs. It takes information from each input and creates the same type of checkerboard pattern using player A's game console for left eye view and player B's game console for right eye view. The glasses have the normal 3D setting and also a switch that will allow both lenses to be clear at the same time but only for one eye view period. Player A would select the time for the left eye and Player B would select the time for the right eye.

If at some point the game console can do this type of mixing internally and send a checkerboard pattern, then Dual View compatible glasses are required however our normal 3D mode would work.

I hope it is helpful, please let me know if I can help further.

Best Regards,

David
post #5 of 8 Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

I am interested in seeing what anyones opinions and experiences are with the Optoma DLP link glasses. I read in a article on another post here that the Optoma DLP link glasses actually have the ability by using the on/off button to cycle between left only, right only or left and right views? Can anyone here verify this? I have the xpand x102's and they do not have this feature. Am I wrong at thinking that this may be a step closer to DLP dualview actually working? Any thoughts or experiences here would be appreciated. Thanks
post #6 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan M View Post

I am interested in seeing what anyones opinions and experiences are with the Optoma DLP link glasses. I read in a article on another post here that the Optoma DLP link glasses actually have the ability by using the on/off button to cycle between left only, right only or left and right views? Can anyone here verify this? I have the xpand x102's and they do not have this feature. Am I wrong at thinking that this may be a step closer to DLP dualview actually working? Any thoughts or experiences here would be appreciated. Thanks

You can already do this with a single Game console, a mits 3d dlp, a mits 3d adapter, and optoma glasses. Set console to split screen, set 3d adapter to 3d mode to match the split screen (top bottom split screen then top bottom 3d mode, side by side split screen then side by side 3d mode, sync player1 optomas to left images, sync player 2 optomas to right images. Voila. Only issue is it will appear stretched, but games will account for that once the industry realizes this trick.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome info there I had read the Optomas were capable of this and was wondering if that was all that was needed. I have the xpand x102's and was thinking about trying the Optomas for my next set of glasses for this very purpose just had no way to try it yet. I guess that answered the question on which ones I will buy next. I thought someone had mentioned that the Viewsonic DLP link glasses had this feature also. Anyone try the Viewsonics with this as well?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan M View Post

Awesome info there I had read the Optomas were capable of this and was wondering if that was all that was needed. I have the xpand x102's and was thinking about trying the Optomas for my next set of glasses for this very purpose just had no way to try it yet. I guess that answered the question on which ones I will buy next. I thought someone had mentioned that the Viewsonic DLP link glasses had this feature also. Anyone try the Viewsonics with this as well?

Viewsonic chose to solve a different problem. Their glasses allow you to change the sync order rather than to sync both lenses to the same frame. This is handy so that the Viewsonics can have the sync order set to match that of x102s or optomas, or set the sync order to match that of the mits/samsung emitter glasses.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page