post #841 of 854 Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistar Muffin View Post

I have a Pioner VSX-1018AHK so I think that should work but I will try directly from the HTPC to the TV first. Is there a shortcut to putting the TV in "3d mode" as I do not see a button anywhere on my remote (WD-73C9).

Thanks for the advice.

Pgs. 25 and 34 of the manual. Menu => Adjust => 3D Mode

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 854 Old 07-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Pgs. 25 and 34 of the manual. Menu => Adjust => 3D Mode

Yeah I know where it is in the menu, that's why I asked for a shortcut, like a button on the remote. I'll see if there's a discreet code in the Harmony database for it.

Thanks.
post #843 of 854 Old 07-11-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Yeah I know where it is in the menu, that's why I asked for a shortcut, like a button on the remote. I'll see if there's a discreet code in the Harmony database for it.

Thanks.

Ok, sorry.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #844 of 854 Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgd18 View Post

Was anyone able to see this in 3D? If yes, I am curious to hear comments. Is 3D for baseball a big improvement or just "ho-hum" vs. 2DHD?

Thanks

I was at the local BestBuy today and they were showing the game in 3D on a Samsung LCD with the Samsung glasses. I'm not a sports fan at all, but it looked pretty cool. I have rarely seen any "coming out of the TV" sort of 3D effects (aside from text or subtitles) , but I see a more realistic picture with realistic depth. Watching the ball being pitched, and the batter all sort of seemed like I was watching it live from a window. I liked it. I would probably watch a few sports games in 3D if I had the kit and comcast would broadcast it.

Personally I can't wait to put my WD73833 to work and get the final feature I've waited almost 3 years to get use out of. Hopefully Amazon will start shipping the kit soon.
post #845 of 854 Old 07-11-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapix View Post

I was at the local BestBuy today and they were showing the game in 3D on a Samsung LCD with the Samsung glasses. I'm not a sports fan at all, but it looked pretty cool. I have rarely seen any "coming out of the TV" sort of 3D effects (aside from text or subtitles) , but I see a more realistic picture with realistic depth. Watching the ball being pitched, and the batter all sort of seemed like I was watching it live from a window. I liked it. I would probably watch a few sports games in 3D if I had the kit and comcast would broadcast it.

Personally I can't wait to put my WD73833 to work and get the final feature I've waited almost 3 years to get use out of. Hopefully Amazon will start shipping the kit soon.

I also went to Best Buy and was very impressed. They had some sort of demo disc set up, it was not sports but it was very good. The color reproduction was very accurate compared to standard anaglyph red/blue 3D, and it even had 3D perspective (depth) when you moved left to right. I believe the unit I looked at was a Panasonic.
post #846 of 854 Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
If yiou have a 2010 738 or 838 Mits DLP model then you will not need the adapter or 3D kit when Mits releases the software upedate later this year to support all of the HDMI 1.4a mandatrory 3d formats directly over HDMI,
post #847 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Is there a shortcut to putting the TV in "3d mode" as I do not see a button anywhere on my remote (WD-73C9).

If the Mitsubishi Direct Access Codes document is complete, then it doesn't appear that there is a discrete code to change the 3D settings. It looks like going through the menu may be the only option.
post #848 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I left an important post regarding availability of Mits starter kit. Good news.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post18894946
post #849 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Where did you out that info? Can't find it
post #850 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjknatl View Post

I left an important post regarding availability of Mits starter kit. Good news.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post18894946

Wow thank you very much I just placed my order.
post #851 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM

In for one as well!
post #852 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM

Just to update everyone.....we are still anxiously awaiting the order from Mits for the Starter pack which was estimated to be July 9th. We have inquired and were told "soon". That is all they would say. As with the adapter, we are expecting to get a limited number of Starter packs in July and the remaining pre-orders will ship in August.
post #853 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapix View Post

What were the camera angles?

Watched the NASCAR race on my PC and they were pretty limited on angles. They did manage to get a couple of accidents on replay with zoom and slo-mo though.
post #854 of 854 Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
This topic is closed.

Going forward, discussion on the Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 can be found here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1261771

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Closed Thread 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page