Blockbuster Online and Netflix.... any word on 3D Blu Ray rental? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 71 Old 01-23-2011, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeezra View Post

The playstation 3 store has a nice selection. You can either rent or buy most of them.

how and where is this store ? link of titles thanks

sorry but i'm old and don't play games lol

my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP 8+ years now,new Lamp and mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 33,000 hours now.the most important reading you might ever do.http://www.resurrectionism.com/drgenescott.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 Old 01-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:-) The Playstation Store is online and only accessible and useable by a PS3 or PSP. Download and streaming content only.
post #33 of 71 Old 01-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FronzDan View Post

:-) The Playstation Store is online and only accessible and useable by a PS3 or PSP. Download and streaming content only.

thanks
was ready to finally to go blu ray with this 3d stuff. but no rentals is a deal killer. maybe by the time the new ones come out and if the 2d to 3d converting works ok.

my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP 8+ years now,new Lamp and mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 33,000 hours now.the most important reading you might ever do.http://www.resurrectionism.com/drgenescott.html
post #34 of 71 Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 PM

I just found this site.....rented one movie from them and they are legit so far. I was initially worried about paying full price for the movie and then have them refund most of the money back to me but so far so good. Will rent more from them.

www.3d-blurayrental.com/

This other thread is also discussing topic and new 3D rental service:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322117
post #35 of 71 Old 10-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Yogi Bear, Grand Canyon: River at Risk, Dinosours Alive, and Resident Evil: Afterlife are the only Blu-ray 3D movies I've heard that's on Blockbuster right now.
post #36 of 71 Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dude View Post

Yogi Bear, Grand Canyon: River at Risk, Dinosours Alive, and Resident Evil: Afterlife are the only Blu-ray 3D movies I've heard that's on Blockbuster right now.

Has anyone actually got a 3D disk ? What it says on the site & what actually comes home can be different.

Wondering whether to move from Netflix/Qwikster to BB.

Enjoying Nissan Leaf as the primary car for over 6 months : MyNissanLeaf.com
post #37 of 71 Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 PM

A great place to rent 3D Blu-ray movies is at www.3dblurayrentals.com
post #38 of 71 Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dude View Post

They have Polar Express 3D (but the only way *i* could find it is by going to regular title and clicking on other formats)
post #39 of 71 Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post

They have Polar Express 3D (but the only way *i* could find it is by going to regular title and clicking on other formats)

Did you get it & verify that it was 3D ?

Anyway, I cancelled Netflix and enrolled with BB. I've a couple of 3D BDs - I'll report what I actually get.

What I did was to look for "other formats" and put the one that said 3D in the queue.

post #40 of 71 Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow View Post

Did you get it & verify that it was 3D ?

Anyway, I cancelled Netflix and enrolled with BB. I've a couple of 3D BDs - I'll report what I actually get.

What I did was to look for "other formats" and put the one that said 3D in the queue.

Sorry ... the 3D version of Polar Express at Blockbuster is the 2008 release for Red/Blue anaglyph glasses.
post #41 of 71 Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Blockbuster now shows they have Green Lantern 3D in stock. My trial ran out, but I am going to subscribe through Dish soon, I hope they keep getting more 3D blu's.

I go down easy, but I come out fightin'!
post #42 of 71 Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post

Sorry ... the 3D version of Polar Express at Blockbuster is the 2008 release for Red/Blue anaglyph glasses.

Yes - reported this a couple of days back.

post #43 of 71 Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 AM

I talked to blockbuster at the store by me and they said that the movie companies wont let them rent 3d movies, they want you to buy them instead and are stoping BB from getting them
post #44 of 71 Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadam123 View Post

I talked to blockbuster at the store by me and they said that the movie companies wont let them rent 3d movies, they want you to buy them instead and are stoping BB from getting them

Possible for new releases - but unlikely for older movies. My local BB guys just said - there isn't enough demand.

So, anyone who wants 3D pls go and ask the local BB about it. Also write to BB online.

Apparently when it comes to 3D, Netflix, BB & Dish network want to be followers, not leaders.

post #45 of 71 Old 11-07-2011, 02:34 PM

I typed 3D blu ray rentals in search engine after recently installing a new 3D home theatre, small start up company appears first, was a bit wary at first so got a $50 Visa gift card, they are legit, ship for free and have all current titles, in addition I had purchased 3 combo packs for $35 each, I do not watch movies twice, they gave me $28 in store credit for each after I watched them and their CS is great, I email a question and usually get an answer in hours, just ordered Cars 2, Captain America, and Cats and Dogs will have them by weeks end, heck withnBBand Netflix, prices range from &5-$8 each but they are only game in country!
post #46 of 71 Old 11-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just received the Green Lantern 3d blu-ray disc from Blockbuster. I haven't played it yet but it does say 3d blu ray on the disc so I have to assume it's the real thing.
post #47 of 71 Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Watched it tonight. 3d Blu ray is verified. Hopefully Blockbuster will be releasing more 3d Blu ray soon.
post #48 of 71 Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 AM

Just yesterday I rented Green Lantern and Thor at Family Video (a chain predominately in midwest). They have a number of titles in 3d but very few copies of each. Everything was in yesterday.
post #49 of 71 Old 01-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Hey guys, I personally rent from 3DbyMail.com They offer a similar service to n**flix, but specialize in 3D Blu-ray rentals.
post #50 of 71 Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D guru View Post

Hey guys, I personally rent from 3DbyMail.com They offer a similar service to n**flix, but specialize in 3D Blu-ray rentals.

Is Texas your shipping location??

Karl S.
post #51 of 71 Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post

Is Texas your shipping location??

You are correct they ship out of Dallas/Fort Worth. Which works great for me because I live in East Texas
post #52 of 71 Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
rad
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:

So what's the deal with them? I looked at their web site but don't see any info about pricing?
post #53 of 71 Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

So what's the deal with them? I looked at their web site but don't see any info about pricing?

Well, I know that their prices start at $24.99/mo. I personally only found out by completing the sign-up process.
post #54 of 71 Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM
rad
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:

Well, I know that their prices start at $24.99/mo. I personally only found out by completing the sign-up process.

Thanks for the response, at that price I think I'll take a pass.
post #55 of 71 Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM

I also went through the sign-up up and found that it's $24.99 per month for one out at a time.

Apparently they have a Netflix style queue. For this to make sense for me I would have to watch at least 4 per month (which might be hard to do with shipping times). Since there are only about 8 more 3D Blu-rays that have been released that I want to see, I would deplete my queue in two months.

I decided to stay with 3DBluRayRentals.com because they charge you for each one that you rent. Since I am almost to the point where I will only be interested in renting newly released discs, this works out better for me.

Maybe in the future, when there are at least a dozen new releases every month (ha!!-ha!!), I might be able to fill a queue.

Karl S.
post #56 of 71 Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

Thanks for the response, at that price I think I'll take a pass.

Me 2!!!That's just nuts!

Ed
post #57 of 71 Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walternate View Post

I just received the Green Lantern 3d blu-ray disc from Blockbuster. I haven't played it yet but it does say 3d blu ray on the disc so I have to assume it's the real thing.

I rented this 2x, and both times received the 2-D version. When I inquired customer service, I was told this:

Our rental copies we only provide the 2D copies, and the 3D copies are available for purchase only. For you to know if a title is available in 3D or not, simply click on the movie's box art then click on "View All Versions". The next page will show if that titles is available in 3D or not. We do not, however, have 3D glasses. You may purchase these glasses from your local Blockbuster store. We add new titles to our site every day. Use the links in our navigation bar under the "Rent" tab to help you find them. You can also use our "Search" box at the top of our web page if you already know what you want.
post #58 of 71 Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM

I'm not sure what to tell you. I rented it and it was no doubt 3D. I just returned Harry potter the deathly hallows pt 2 and it was also in 3D.

Sounds like the advice you received from customer service is correct except the part about having to purchase them to get 3D. You have to be sure to scroll down in the "view all versions" popup window to see the 3D blu ray selection. It's the third one down. It also sounds like they don't know the difference between 3D blu ray and anaglyph 3D, since they mention not sending glasses. Of course they wouldn't.
post #59 of 71 Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 PM

Make sure the title is like this, "Green Lantern [Blu-ray/DVD] [3D Blu-ray] [Includes Digital Copy]". If it doesn't say 3D Blu-ray then it's not.
post #60 of 71 Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 PM

I also rent 3D movies from 3d-blurayrental.com. Not the rip off version 3Dblurayrentals.
They almost completely ripped off the web site name from 3d-blurayrental, as well as charge a lot more for rentals if you read the not so small print. With 3D-blurayrental you pay a bit more up front but you have 14 days to view the movie, including shipping time. Plus their price includes shipping. The other guys might appear to be less but then you add shipping and .99 for each day you have it more that the one day allowed to view it and before you know it you'll be paying a lot more.

Just an FYI, I have no affiliation to either of the above two mentioned companies.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page