Blockbuster Online and Netflix.... any word on 3D Blu Ray rental? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walternate View Post

I also rent 3D movies from 3d-blurayrental.com. Not the rip off version 3Dblurayrentals.
They almost completely ripped off the web site name from 3d-blurayrental, as well as charge a lot more for rentals if you read the not so small print. With 3D-blurayrental you pay a bit more up front but you have 14 days to view the movie, including shipping time. Plus their price includes shipping. The other guys might appear to be less but then you add shipping and .99 for each day you have it more that the one day allowed to view it and before you know it you'll be paying a lot more.

Just an FYI, I have no affiliation to either of the above two mentioned companies.

+1!

Agree 100%! Make sure to rent from the site with the - (hyphen) in the address. The other site is rip off IMO!

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dparty View Post

We rent blu-ray 3D movies . Check us out please, and compare to competition. Constructive feedback is most welcome!
3dparty.org

Hi, I'm interested, especially so as I'm located in the state of NY. Is return shipping pre-paid?
post #63 of 71 Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 AM

Liked: 10
Netflix on my xbox is supposed to be excellent but half the movies like Ironman 2 look like crap.
post #64 of 71 Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM

3D with the hyphen seems like the deal, but you can also stream via VUDU. I just got account, but haven't used it yet.
post #65 of 71 Old 04-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dparty View Post

We rent blu-ray 3D movies . Check us out please, and compare to competition. Constructive feedback is most welcome!
3dparty.org

I decided to try 3Dparty.org as mentioned I live in NY and the prices/policy seemed fair enough to me. Rented Space Station 3D on Saturday (after business hours), they notified me upon shipment (Monday), and received today (Wednesday). Disc came in a red sleeve with clear plastic center, disc is in perfect condition (no smudges or scratches); pre-paid return envelope was included. So far a good experience.

One suggestion I have is to add some sort ID marker to the return envelope to know who is doing the returning in case then return address gets smudged or falls off (I use stickers). Not a problem right now, but may be if you get more orders!

I will do a follow-up, but so far so good! Definitely worth trying if you're in the northeast.
post #66 of 71 Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM

Hi 3D at 3D-BluRayrental.com

Your website is VERY confusing regarding the methods of renting, the costs and your policies. I just subscribed then canceled 20 minutes later because I was so confused ! (well, it seems to happen a lot to me rolleyes.gif )
Maybe all this is on your site and I got lost (again) and of course, I don't ask for directions, I just confidently drive around (and around)

Now, you sent an email that helps a lot, I wish I had it before I canceled. I'll resubscribe smile.gif
This is for the $15.99 subscription, maybe it'll help others understand and subscribe.
(following emphasis is mine to highlight the best points)

Thank you for signing up for our Subscription service for one disc at a time rental plan. The service is effective immediately. You will be billed monthly at $15.99 starting today until you cancel your subscription. There are a max limit of 5 rentals per/month. Please follow these instructions below to rent your first movie.

Step One – Renting a movie:

• Go to our website and select the first movie you would like to rent. You can only select one movie since you are on the One Disc at a time plan. Do not add more than one movie or you will receive an error message or we will reject your order. The only exception are specialty rentals priced above $8 per/rental. If you want to rent one of those titles, please email us separately.
• During checkout, you will notice that your last name will be followed by (Sub One). Please do not delete that. That will let us know which plan you are signed up for.
• You will need to enter in your credit card information but your order total will be zero when you complete the checkout. ((( this is where I canceled )))
• After you complete your order, we will email you shortly the status of your order and when the title will ship. If there is a short wait, you may place another order while waiting for that title.
• There are a max limit of 5 rentals per/month. The limit is based off of movies shipped per calendar month and not when your subscription is activated.

Step Two – Returning and renting your next movie:

• You may keep the rental as long as you wish as long as you are still paying the active subscription. When you are ready to return the movie to get your next title, please place the movie in the mail in the provided return envelope. ((( of course we at AVS appreciate that the movies are returned asap )))
• Go back to our website and select your next movie rental of choice. Remember to rent only one movie and not more than one.
• During Step 5 of the checkout process, please indicate in the “special instructions” box the date in which you put your current rental in the mail. We will validate this date by looking at the postmark date provided by the USPS when we receive the return. If there are discrepancies with the date you provided and the postmark date, that could result in the cancellation of your subscription account. By putting the date in which you returned the movie during the checkout phase, you do not have to wait until we receive your return before we ship out the next rental.

Cancellation:
• Your account is active until you cancel your account by emailing us at orders@3d-blurayrental.com. You may cancel at anytime.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We thank you for your business.

Fantastic!
Ok, now we wanted to rent a movie and their extremely efficient staff sent the following so no problem:

Thank you for your order. We apologize but your selected movie rental(s) will currently be a short wait of about 1-10 days. We try and stock titles so that it’s available for shipping within 1 business day, but sometimes, there are short waits. We guarantee that the movie(s) will ship within 20 days. You will receive another e-mail from us once the movie has shipped.

If you want to get something right away, below is a link to a list of movies currently available for immediate shipping. If you are a subscription customer, you may place another order for the same amount of movies in which you are waiting for, but please choose a movie that is currently in stock. If you do place another order, you do not have to re-order this title(s). It will ship when it is available. Please keep in mind, our inventory is constantly being updated so please order soon (immediate availability is not guaranteed).

http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/-strse-436/List-of-Available-Movies/Detail.bok

If your order contains a pre-order, we will give you an update by the release date. We thank you for your business.

3D
I noticed that you link to this forum to showcase your customers. IMHO you should keep this as your customer feedback forum going forward. (if there are no AVS rules against it).
The folks here are the most knowledgeable experts anywhere, and as you can see, by following their advice you will soon be overwhelmed with new business. smile.gif

AVS folks,
Thanks sooo much.
Because of you, we just installed our BenQ W7000, True Depth glasses and bought Hugo for our premier. WOW, were we thrilled !
Our 110" Stewart Firerhawk exploded with light and color and with the 3d glasses it was better than the theater. Our trusty Sony VPL-VW10HT is officially retired. Even the 8 Martin Logans sounded better. biggrin.gif
post #67 of 71 Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 AM

3dparty.org, just like netflix, only for 3d blurays, which is the best way to watch 3d content (that is until streaming can handle that much data!), paying a few bucks per disc beats shelling out 20 to 40 bux per disc. It's tough for me though, some 3dblurays I feel are must buys, like avatar, prometheus, avengers, IMAX documentaries. But then ones like Final Destination are great for one time views so I rent them.

I love 3Dblurays!!!tongue.gif
post #68 of 71 Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM

I tried a 2 disc subscription at 3dparty.org. Figuring since im in the same state its a better value then per disc. I have to say im hugely disappointed. I signed up on the 15th of feb. First two titles shipped the next day and recieved about 4-5 days later ( i am in the same state).I thought this was a little long but ok. I returned them the day after i got them and since they have not shipped the next two. Countless emails go unanswered and phone calls are met with "the google subscriber cannot be reached, leave a message". No return phone calls. My next step is to call my cc company to see if i have any recourse, i wished i used a prepaid cc. I highly recommend against them.

Jason

LG 55LM7600 (ON ITS WAY!!)
Fat PS3 4.30 cobra cfw
Slim ps3 4.30 ofw
Roku xs hd x2
Pioneer VSX-821k
Mac Mini Mid 2011 (windows 8 and mountain lion) 8TB JBOD
HP HPE-130f
Apple TV2
post #69 of 71 Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral456 View Post

3dparty.org, just like netflix, only for 3d blurays, which is the best way to watch 3d content (that is until streaming can handle that much data!), paying a few bucks per disc beats shelling out 20 to 40 bux per disc. It's tough for me though, some 3dblurays I feel are must buys, like avatar, prometheus, avengers, IMAX documentaries. But then ones like Final Destination are great for one time views so I rent them.

I love 3Dblurays!!!tongue.gif

My solution to that dilemma is to rent and then decide to buy. Since starting to rent I have purchased Spy Kids Game Over and Top Gun. That's because I felt they were worth watching over and over. The rest are one timers.
post #70 of 71 Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 AM

Yeah, similar problem with this 3DParty.org. Tough to get emails answered, several days one way in the mail (just returned first rental, sent email about it yesterday, but no activity on next rental despite what the TOS says) plus the first rental was a no-play: lockups, skips and eventually had to give it up because I couldn't continue. Will give them a second week and see if thing get better but not too hopeful.

Followup:
Things are VERY SLOW with this company. Although they say there is no limit to how many DVDs you can rent per month as a subscriber, it would be unlikely that you could get a turnaround of 4, if that many. Looked up return address on Google Maps: shows up as just a Post Office so this is some kind of "P.O. Box' although it doesn't show up as such on the label. Also, seems like these folks don't check their email very often or just ignore them. NOT good customer relations that way. Prices are higher than 3D-blurayrental.com - looks like I'll be switching soon because of the LONG waits and lack of response.
post #71 of 71 Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 PM

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH 3DParty.org. They have not mailed blu rays in my wish list even after I informed them that I put the discs in mail as per their policy nor have they mailed even after receiving the discs physically! No replies to messages, that I consider VERY RUDE! I can only assume that they want to limit to max 4 discs per month for one at a time subscription even though their TOS says "UNLIMITED". I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THEM! Extremely poor customer service!

Time to give the others a try!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page