Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

The original question was about a "splitter" (i.e. not really a true splitter) that can send 3D video to a display while sending HD audio to an HDMI 1.3 receiver in a format that it can understand. It will take more than a simple splitter to do this, but if someone makes such a device they should be able to sell a lot of them.

The best I found is the Gefen 1:2 HDMI splitter with Digital audio which allow to send (lossy)
DD/DTS to the receiver via Toslink.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8475

For me normal DD/DTS is more than adequate and I'm not sure that with my B&W surround system I can actually hear the difference.
The only pity is that it it is limited to 5.1 channels (i.e. 7.1 are not supported....) and there I do hear the difference.

I have actually done a mistake by not buying the most expensive Samsung BD player with 2 HDMI out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 AM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

That's all well and good, but not really what the thread is about. The original question was about a "splitter" (i.e. not really a true splitter) that can send 3D video to a display while sending HD audio to an HDMI 1.3 receiver in a format that it can understand. It will take more than a simple splitter to do this, but if someone makes such a device they should be able to sell a lot of them.

AFAIK, no one does. Only found on certain 3D BD players
post #63 of 71 Old 02-11-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Anyone know of an HDMI "repeater"? I got the HDMI splitter from Amazon that's 1 input to 4 outputs and it's a PITA since it handshakes everytime a component is turned on and causes my DCX3400 to freak out and switch resolutions and reset the output settings.

I want an HDMI splitting device that takes the single input and repeats the exact signal to all the outputs whether or not they support the resolution/signal or not. Just have it do a single HDCP check that doesn't get passed through to the source device since I guess that's what is screwing up my Comcast box.

Not sure if what I want exists...

That would be called a 1 x 4 Distribution Amp.
post #64 of 71 Old 02-11-2011, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
This seems to be a pretty cheap 3D compatible HDMI splitter:
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1-Out-Swi...dp/B0030AZ44O/
post #65 of 71 Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Liked: 11
post #66 of 71 Old 02-12-2011, 04:50 PM

I found that the Rocketfish 3D 2 Way HDMI splitter works for me with my 3D TV and 2D projector. It did not work at first until I put the 3D TV on the 2nd HDMI port. When the 2D projector is off, it passes Full HD Bluray 3D to my Panasonic 3D Plasma TV. When the source is 2D, both the 3D TV and the 2D projector receive the 1080P HDMI signal. I have the input of the 2 Way splitter connected to the output of my 3D ready (1.4 compliant) Pioneer receiver. On the Rocketfish 3D 2 Way HDMI splitter box it says it supports 3D but it does not claim to be a HDMI 1.4 device. I bought it from Best Buy so I could take it back if it did not work. So far, so good.
post #67 of 71 Old 02-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

This seems to be a pretty cheap 3D compatible HDMI splitter:
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1-Out-Swi...dp/B0030AZ44O/

That's a 3 In and 1 Out device. Like if you ran out of inputs on your receiver or TV.
post #68 of 71 Old 02-13-2011, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
That's a 3 In and 1 Out device. Like if you ran out of inputs on your receiver or TV.
I don't get the difference? The 3DA-1 has only one input, and I have three 3D devices that need to connect to it (TiVo, PS3, Xbox 360). Wouldn't this adapter work fine for my needs?
post #69 of 71 Old 02-13-2011, 11:52 AM

A switch provides a signal to one device at a time. A splitter can provide a signal to multiple devices that are compatable with the input...
post #70 of 71 Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM

I use the Panny DMP-BDT350, a Mits dlp and a Denon 3808. I bought the Mits 3d kit but do not run the hdmi through it.

I am able to send 3d checkerboard out from Panny through Denon with only 1 hdmi cable and then to Mits and I get 3d pic. It seems checkerboard flows through as 1.3.
Question: Am I losing the best audio? (lack of correct term) How can I tell?

I have now noticed that I have some 3d channels from Time Warner, but only can choose top/bottom or side by side 3d output. I am counting on this scenario to work:

Cable box hdmi out through Mits converter, to Denon to Mits tv. When choosing 3d channel, convert to checkerboard with Mits conv, and through Denon (since checkerboard seems to pass) This allows Denon to remain video selector and my need to replace.

More ? Sometimes I can turn 3d "ON" in the Mits menu and sometimes I can not cursor over to it keeping me from turning it on. I can not figure out what is different when I can or can not do this. Any ideas?

Besides the Samsung glasses that came with the kit, can I use any other brand with my setup?
post #71 of 71 Old 04-20-2014, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toysonline View Post

Report test 3D player->onkyo 905(HDMI 1.3 AVM)-> Samsuung C-7000

Hdmi cable ...1 is 1.4 another 2 is 1.3b

Check 3D player to TV.....====3D working Fine...

Using AVR hdmi pass trough ======3D do no work....

Using HDMI splitter. 1 in and 2 out ( with powersupply)=====3d work ,,,,But AVR cannot detect any HD sound(AVR display no HD sound contack)

Just go back to the computer Cable shop...Refund the HDMI splitter money>>>

If possible...PLease let me know....Which brand HDMI splitter can working fine..

Thanks
In my case, it was reversed. I got hd audio signals to my onkyo tx-sr607 (non-3d) but no 3d to tv. One output removed, it passed 3d signal to tv with no problem. has anyone fond a success?
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page