Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 85 Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

The original question was about a "splitter" (i.e. not really a true splitter) that can send 3D video to a display while sending HD audio to an HDMI 1.3 receiver in a format that it can understand. It will take more than a simple splitter to do this, but if someone makes such a device they should be able to sell a lot of them.

The best I found is the Gefen 1:2 HDMI splitter with Digital audio which allow to send (lossy)
DD/DTS to the receiver via Toslink.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8475

For me normal DD/DTS is more than adequate and I'm not sure that with my B&W surround system I can actually hear the difference.
The only pity is that it it is limited to 5.1 channels (i.e. 7.1 are not supported....) and there I do hear the difference.

I have actually done a mistake by not buying the most expensive Samsung BD player with 2 HDMI out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 85 Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

That's all well and good, but not really what the thread is about. The original question was about a "splitter" (i.e. not really a true splitter) that can send 3D video to a display while sending HD audio to an HDMI 1.3 receiver in a format that it can understand. It will take more than a simple splitter to do this, but if someone makes such a device they should be able to sell a lot of them.

AFAIK, no one does. Only found on certain 3D BD players
post #63 of 85 Old 02-11-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Anyone know of an HDMI "repeater"? I got the HDMI splitter from Amazon that's 1 input to 4 outputs and it's a PITA since it handshakes everytime a component is turned on and causes my DCX3400 to freak out and switch resolutions and reset the output settings.

I want an HDMI splitting device that takes the single input and repeats the exact signal to all the outputs whether or not they support the resolution/signal or not. Just have it do a single HDCP check that doesn't get passed through to the source device since I guess that's what is screwing up my Comcast box.

Not sure if what I want exists...

That would be called a 1 x 4 Distribution Amp.
post #64 of 85 Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
This seems to be a pretty cheap 3D compatible HDMI splitter:
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1-Out-Swi...dp/B0030AZ44O/
post #65 of 85 Old 02-12-2011, 04:07 PM

Liked: 11
post #66 of 85 Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM

I found that the Rocketfish 3D 2 Way HDMI splitter works for me with my 3D TV and 2D projector. It did not work at first until I put the 3D TV on the 2nd HDMI port. When the 2D projector is off, it passes Full HD Bluray 3D to my Panasonic 3D Plasma TV. When the source is 2D, both the 3D TV and the 2D projector receive the 1080P HDMI signal. I have the input of the 2 Way splitter connected to the output of my 3D ready (1.4 compliant) Pioneer receiver. On the Rocketfish 3D 2 Way HDMI splitter box it says it supports 3D but it does not claim to be a HDMI 1.4 device. I bought it from Best Buy so I could take it back if it did not work. So far, so good.
post #67 of 85 Old 02-12-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

This seems to be a pretty cheap 3D compatible HDMI splitter:
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1-Out-Swi...dp/B0030AZ44O/

That's a 3 In and 1 Out device. Like if you ran out of inputs on your receiver or TV.
post #68 of 85 Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
That's a 3 In and 1 Out device. Like if you ran out of inputs on your receiver or TV.
I don't get the difference? The 3DA-1 has only one input, and I have three 3D devices that need to connect to it (TiVo, PS3, Xbox 360). Wouldn't this adapter work fine for my needs?
post #69 of 85 Old 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM

A switch provides a signal to one device at a time. A splitter can provide a signal to multiple devices that are compatable with the input...
post #70 of 85 Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 PM

I use the Panny DMP-BDT350, a Mits dlp and a Denon 3808. I bought the Mits 3d kit but do not run the hdmi through it.

I am able to send 3d checkerboard out from Panny through Denon with only 1 hdmi cable and then to Mits and I get 3d pic. It seems checkerboard flows through as 1.3.
Question: Am I losing the best audio? (lack of correct term) How can I tell?

I have now noticed that I have some 3d channels from Time Warner, but only can choose top/bottom or side by side 3d output. I am counting on this scenario to work:

Cable box hdmi out through Mits converter, to Denon to Mits tv. When choosing 3d channel, convert to checkerboard with Mits conv, and through Denon (since checkerboard seems to pass) This allows Denon to remain video selector and my need to replace.

More ? Sometimes I can turn 3d "ON" in the Mits menu and sometimes I can not cursor over to it keeping me from turning it on. I can not figure out what is different when I can or can not do this. Any ideas?

Besides the Samsung glasses that came with the kit, can I use any other brand with my setup?
post #71 of 85 Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysonline View Post

Report test 3D player->onkyo 905(HDMI 1.3 AVM)-> Samsuung C-7000

Hdmi cable ...1 is 1.4 another 2 is 1.3b

Check 3D player to TV.....====3D working Fine...

Using AVR hdmi pass trough ======3D do no work....

Using HDMI splitter. 1 in and 2 out ( with powersupply)=====3d work ,,,,But AVR cannot detect any HD sound(AVR display no HD sound contack)

Just go back to the computer Cable shop...Refund the HDMI splitter money>>>

If possible...PLease let me know....Which brand HDMI splitter can working fine..

Thanks
In my case, it was reversed. I got hd audio signals to my onkyo tx-sr607 (non-3d) but no 3d to tv. One output removed, it passed 3d signal to tv with no problem. has anyone fond a success?
post #72 of 85 Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 PM

Liked: 0
Need 4x2 splitter with coax or Toslink out!

So I've read through most of this thread and tried some things...but I can't get 3D to pass through my 4 x 2 Monoprice matrix. Model number is HDX-420X.

I'm using this cable (26 AWG, Blue Rigger, 50 feet, "latest HDMI technology")
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My setup is:
Phillips 3D Blu Ray player (a few years old) -> older, somewhat expensive, 8 foot HDMI cable (can look up specs if needed) -> Monoprice 4x2 matrix -> Blue Rigger, 50 foot, new cable -> Epson 3D projector.

I talked with Monoprice tech support tonight. They had me "reboot" the switch, projector, Blu Ray...start up the projector first, then plug in the matrix...wait a bit...then turn on the Blu-Ray player. It didn't help.

Their only other suggestion was to try their Redmere cables. I'm not dismissing that entirely, but I will say that my setup works if you take the Monoprice switch out of the chain. So, if I plug the Blu-Ray directly into the projector, it works fine, using the same cables...so unless the Monoprice doesn't play nice with my cables, I don't think they are the issue. The cables work fine with the Monoprice in 2D.

I've tried changing some other settings...changing 3D formats, disabling CEC and "HDMI link" (trying to get them not to talk at all)...

I am willing to return this switch and get something better, but it absolutely has to have:

at least 4 inputs and at least 2 outputs
coaxial or toslink output (to my stereo receiver)

Any suggestions? I've hard the Kinivo mentioned, and a few others, but the Kinivo was only 4 x 1. I found a Kinivo 4 x 2 but it didn't have any toslink or coaxial outputs, just HDMI.

Any help on how to fix my set-up or a 4x2 switch with audio out that is KNOWN to work would be appreciated. I can still use my set up for all but 3D. I can get 3D to work, I just have to move a cable...but that kind of defeats the point of the HDMI switch, doesn't it!
post #73 of 85 Old 08-07-2014, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye83 View Post
So I've read through most of this thread and tried some things...but I can't get 3D to pass through my 4 x 2 Monoprice matrix. Model number is HDX-420X.

I'm using this cable (26 AWG, Blue Rigger, 50 feet, "latest HDMI technology")

My setup is:
Phillips 3D Blu Ray player (a few years old) -> older, somewhat expensive, 8 foot HDMI cable (can look up specs if needed) -> Monoprice 4x2 matrix -> Blue Rigger, 50 foot, new cable -> Epson 3D projector.

I talked with Monoprice tech support tonight. They had me "reboot" the switch, projector, Blu Ray...start up the projector first, then plug in the matrix...wait a bit...then turn on the Blu-Ray player. It didn't help.

Their only other suggestion was to try their Redmere cables. I'm not dismissing that entirely, but I will say that my setup works if you take the Monoprice switch out of the chain. So, if I plug the Blu-Ray directly into the projector, it works fine, using the same cables...so unless the Monoprice doesn't play nice with my cables, I don't think they are the issue. The cables work fine with the Monoprice in 2D.

I've tried changing some other settings...changing 3D formats, disabling CEC and "HDMI link" (trying to get them not to talk at all)...

I am willing to return this switch and get something better, but it absolutely has to have:

at least 4 inputs and at least 2 outputs
coaxial or toslink output (to my stereo receiver)

Any suggestions? I've hard the Kinivo mentioned, and a few others, but the Kinivo was only 4 x 1. I found a Kinivo 4 x 2 but it didn't have any toslink or coaxial outputs, just HDMI.

Any help on how to fix my set-up or a 4x2 switch with audio out that is KNOWN to work would be appreciated. I can still use my set up for all but 3D. I can get 3D to work, I just have to move a cable...but that kind of defeats the point of the HDMI switch, doesn't it!

When the source handshakes, it only passes the least common denominator from what you have hooked up.
post #74 of 85 Old 08-08-2014, 03:42 AM

Thanks Auger. I did read that. I'm trying to figure out which component is my least common denominator. I know that everything works if you take the Monoprice out of the chain. The only components in the chain at all are two cables, the 3D Blu Ray player, and the 3D projector, and the Monoprice matrix device. No receivers, no 2D TV's, etc. So how do I tell which device is "holding me back?" It seems like it's the Monoprice! Should the manuals of these devices tell me if they are 1.3 vs. 1.4 HDMI capable? The Amazon info doesn't say regarding the Monoprice, anyway. I'll check the manual.

Does anyone think switching to the Redmere cables would help? The Monoprice tech suggested that. I know my cables are capable of 3D bandwidth, because they work when the Monoprice is out of the chain. I'm doubting that changing any settings on the Blu Ray or projector are needed, because again, they work when the Monoprice is out of the chain!

Last edited by Hawkeye83; 08-08-2014 at 03:46 AM.
post #75 of 85 Old 08-08-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 68
That Monoprice switch may not be capable of properly driving a 50' HDMI cable, which really is on the long side for 3D. A Redmere cable just might help, or using a switch with "equalization", which is in reality a signal booster.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #76 of 85 Old 08-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This splitter/switch has option to send video to hdmi 1 out and audio to hdmi 2. Also has optical audio out.

Seems perfect for older AVR's which don't support 3D.

Supports 4k so pretty future proof!

http://www.dvdo.com/Quick6/
post #77 of 85 Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyBad View Post
This splitter/switch has option to send video to hdmi 1 out and audio to hdmi 2. Also has optical audio out.

Seems perfect for older AVR's which don't support 3D.

Supports 4k so pretty future proof!

http://www.dvdo.com/Quick6/
The owner's manual doesn't specifically say that audio from HDMI 1.4 3D data streams is demuxed and repackaged to HDMI 1.3 format before being sent out to the AVR, and this HAS to happen for a 1.3 receiver to work with such a source (the 2-output 3D BluRay players do this). In fact, the only mention of 3D is in the Specifications list when it comes to the HDMI inputs and outputs: "4K Ultra HD 3D capable". Personally, if I were eyeing this switcher with that in mind, before spending the money, I'd definitely want to get a "yea or nay" answer from DVDO.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 08-18-2014 at 04:09 PM.
post #78 of 85 Old 08-18-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
The owner's manual doesn't specifically say that audio from HDMI 1.4 3D data streams is demuxed and repackaged to HDMI 1.3 format before being sent out to the AVR, and this HAS to happen for a 1.3 receiver to work with such a source (the 2-output 3D BluRay players do this). In fact, the only mention of 3D is in the Specifications list when it comes to the HDMI inputs and outputs: "4K Ultra HD 3D capable". Personally, if I were eyeing this switcher with that in mind, before spending the money, I'd definitely want to get a "yea or nay" answer from DVDO.
My thoughts also so thats why I mailed to DVDO support about this;

Quote:
Quick6 will support video on output 1 (main) and audio on output 2 (aux)

Regards,

post #79 of 85 Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Honestly, I don't consider that a satisfactory answer. It essentially restates what the manual says, without addressing how the switcher deals with audio from 3D sources. You might get lucky and find that, yes, it does convert v1.4 audio to 1.3 before sending it out to the receiver. But then again, it may only work correctly with 1.3 sources such as 2D BluRay, DVD, and HD. This is a $300-$400 item, so would be not only a disappointment, but an expen$ive disappointment, if it didn't do what you wanted.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 08-18-2014 at 08:28 PM.
post #80 of 85 Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Honestly, I don't consider that a sufficient answer. It essentially restates what the manual says, without addressing how the switcher deals with audio from 3D sources. You might get lucky and find that, yes, it does convert v1.4 audio to 1.3 before sending it out to the receiver. But then again, it may only work correctly with 1.3 sources such as 2D BluRay, DVD, and HD.
I see your point. Your right about getting confirmation before buying.
post #81 of 85 Old 08-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In case anybody is still looking, this splitter works fine with 3d and a 25 ft. HDMI cable with a 3 ft. extension.

post #82 of 85 Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 PM

kmartin this splitter wont give the result we want
(To get 3D, all units connected to the splitter outputs must support 3D)

What we really need is:
1 hdmi device with 2-4 inputs (switch) to 2-4 outputs (splitter) support 3d and EDID.
From 3d blu-ray ,ps3 etc we send the 3d signal to this hdmi device.Then with edid (the bluray/ps3 etc always will see 3d in out) we set 3d video and 7.1 audio so in the 2 outputs we get 3d no matter what.
Then from outputs we send to 3d tv or 3d projector so we have the 3d image and from 2nd output we send to the receiver input so we have the DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/LPCM7.1/ etc
(I will test it in 2-3 days when this switcher/splitter will arrive to me)
The problem here i think is if the receiver takes the 3d hdmi signal will play the sound or all will be black?
One solution is maybe if we get an hdmi cable (only audio signal) from splitter to receiver so the receiver takes the DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/LPCM7.1 when all rest are 3d.
post #83 of 85 Old 10-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Basically i post a setup for all that have also problems with htpc -multi screens -non 3d receivers etc.
The porpose is to have 3d or 1080p in image and 7.1 or more in sound
The 3d when we miss the 3d receiver and the (DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/LPCM7.1/DTS/Dolby-AC3/DSD) from all sources with no need of optical/coaxial (limited to 5.1 and never play DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD)
We have:
1/htpc (we need the hdmi output to get the 7.1 LPCM/ DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD)
2/receiver (with no 3d support but with 7.1 LPCM/ DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD etc)
3/3d displays (tv or projectors)
4/pc monitor/s (up to 3 monitors for extended desctop)
All problems start from EDID that all devices change settings when they dont meet the requirements we want. example: the pc when reboot and see all time the monitor or the blu ray that dont see 3d sink (all outputs to support 3d)
So we have a receiver that we want to have on him all those inputs :
blu ray
ps3
satellite receiver
cable receiver
htpc
etc etc
We start from htpc that has 1-3 monitors and when we connect it in avr then dont see the 7.1 audio etc
we take a 1x2 or x3 splitter with 1080p and 7.1 pcm EDID
so the pc sees all time 1080p and 7.1 audio and dont change the displays all time
the ps3 and bluray must be forced to give 3d hdmi video and 7.1 audio
so we take a 2 x 2 or 4x2 or 4x4 switcher/splitter with EDID and 3d support and 7.1 LPCM/ DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD
in switcher (input) side we connect the blu ray and the ps3 and in the splitter (output) side we connect the receiver and the tv or/and projector (if we bought 2x4 out or 4x4 out)
Here i suggest to better take a 4x4 switcher/splitter or another splitter 3d support 2 x 4 (no need to be EDID) so from the switcher /splitter 2nd out to send to this new splitter (cause we want the receiver to use also his other inputs ) so we get the receiver output in the 1 splitter input and the 2nd output of switcher/splitter to the 2nd input of the new splitter
In 2-3 days i will test all as im not sure for the part of the 3d hdmi to receiver if the receiver will play the audio or will be blank as he cant handle the 3d video (a hdmi only audio cable may solve it )
All rest are working as i have implemented them
From the outputs of this new splitter we send to tv and projectors etc
In conclusion we need:
1 splitter with 1 in x 2 out or more with edid 1080p and 7.1 etc (for htpc) (30 euro)
1 switcher /splitter 2 in or more x 2 out or more with edid and 3d support and 7.1 (50 euro)
1 switcher/splitter 2 in or more x 2 out or more with no edid but with 3d support and 7.1(40 euro)
(in case you have more devices not 3d or 7.1 connected to your receiver so you dont need to edid them)
or
1 splitter with 1 in x 2 out or more with edid 1080p and 7.1 etc (for htpc) (30 euro)
1 switcher /splitter 4 in x 4 out with edid and 3d support and 7.1 (80 euro)
all in ebay
i cant post links yet cause im noob in this thread

Last edited by sirdiman; 10-11-2014 at 08:49 PM.
post #84 of 85 Old 10-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I don't think you are taking into account that a HDMI 1.3 receiver can't decode a 3D HDMI 1.4 audio stream without it being converted to a 1.3 audio stream regardless of the EDID.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #85 of 85 Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 PM

That was that i mentioned :
"In 2-3 days i will test all as im not sure for the part of the 3d hdmi to receiver if the receiver will play the audio or will be blank as he cant handle the 3d video (a hdmi only audio cable may solve it )"

I have test it and the receiver when gets the 3d signal cant play the audio
I find though two solutions :a/nSplitter Pro 1x2 MK-II DE/QS it has the dreamedid function (70 euro but has 1 input only and 2 outputs) tha edid the input and seperately edid the 2 outputs :3d in input (for bluray and 3d out for 3d tv and 1080p 7.1 audio for receiver)
maybe though not work for receivers that may trigger 3d flag

b/2 devices switcher/splitters 2in 2 out edid (38 euro each but i get 2 inputs also for ps3)
im gonna use the 3d blu ray or the ps3->with the one 2x2 switcher/splitter with edid :3d and 7.1 audio and get -> output to 3d tv or projector and the second to the 2nd 2x2 switcher/splitter but this with edid :1080p ,7.1 audio for the receiver

result:3d comes out of blu ray or ps3 and goes to 3d tv and 1080p ,7.1 audio to receiver
i prefer the 2nd choise that probably works and get rid for sure the 3d flag that may trigger to the receiver

I will update as soon i delivered them

update:
The problem always is the receiver that cant handle the 3d info in any format you sent it so he cant get the audio we want (7.1 pcm hd master or hd true) out of the 3d signal
We need to demux -de embedding the 3d in 2d after the splitter that has EDID 3d (so the source sent 3d anyway)
There are 2-3 (devices but they cost) and im searching them
Definetely we need after 3d source a EDID switcher/splitter with 2 outputs one for 3d display (tv-projector) and one output to send in the demux device (hdmi input -de embedding-hdmi 2d output) so we get the 7.1 pcm hd master or hd true audio to receiver

Last edited by sirdiman; 10-16-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page