Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter Available at Amazon ($99 Shipped) - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 159 Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can we move the glasses discussion to a 3D glasses thread? The OP was on the Mitsu 3DA-1 adapter. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 159 Old 08-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Has anyone received a 3DA-1 from Amazon? I pre-ordered one but have not received it.
post #153 of 159 Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 PM

Ordered mine directly from OneCall (which Amazon is sourcing from), due Thurs. 8/12 and hoping to watch some 3D from Cablevision in NJ for the PGA telecast.

I'll post if I do on my experience.
post #154 of 159 Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 AM

I just got shipment tracking info for my 3DA-1 from 4electronicwarehouse. It should arrive tomorrow. Woo hoo!!
post #155 of 159 Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM

Okay, hooked up my 3da-1 between my AVR(Pioneer 820-1.4a) and TV (Mitsu WD-73C9) through my Optoma DLP link goggles to watch some PGA yesterday.

My observations:
- Golf while viewed from a distance does not have very dramatic 3D effect unless there is something framed in the foreground like the spectators on a path or the from face of a steep bunker
- The spectators looked like cutouts on my set, a bit 'overly 3D' with the remainder of the background looking flat
- When multiple golfers and caddies were on the putting green you could really see the difference in depth when somewhat close up.
- The holes were along Lake Michigan and at the top of a cliff face overlooking the lake. For a few shots of the putting green in the foreground and the water in the distance, you could sense the dropoff and distance from the cliff
- I still don't like the drop in brightness with active shutter glasses, wondering if the broadcasters will increase the brightness and color balance at all to compensate? I was told they may for some standard HD sporting events, not sure?
- Overall, I want to watch other action oriented sporting events and movies to see the difference in broadcast (BTW it was over Cablevision in SbS format)
post #156 of 159 Old 08-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbutler1 View Post

Okay, hooked up my 3da-1 between my AVR(Pioneer 820-1.4a) and TV (Mitsu WD-73C9) through my Optoma DLP link goggles to watch some PGA yesterday.

My observations:
-
- I still don't like the drop in brightness with active shutter glasses, wondering if the broadcasters will increase the brightness and color balance at all to compensate? I was told they may for some standard HD sporting events, not sure?
-

Active shutter glasses are brighter than polarized glasses; also, your 73C9 should automatically go to "brilliant" when 3D is on.
post #157 of 159 Old 08-13-2010, 02:14 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbutler1 View Post

My observations:
- Golf while viewed from a distance does not have very dramatic 3D effect unless there is something framed in the foreground like the spectators on a path or the from face of a steep bunker
- The spectators looked like cutouts on my set, a bit 'overly 3D' with the remainder of the background looking flat
- When multiple golfers and caddies were on the putting green you could really see the difference in depth when somewhat close up.
- The holes were along Lake Michigan and at the top of a cliff face overlooking the lake. For a few shots of the putting green in the foreground and the water in the distance, you could sense the dropoff and distance from the cliff
- Overall, I want to watch other action oriented sporting events and movies to see the difference in broadcast (BTW it was over Cablevision in SbS format)

A relative of mine works for ESPN in Bristol (their world headquarters). He's a producer.

He tells me that for their 3D broadcasts they will have more low camera and angles more closeups than they do in 2D.

They will not simulcast 2D & 3D like they do HD & SD now. The camera placements, as they have learned so far, need to be very different for 3D than they are for 2D. And he says - they are still learning.

Interesting stuff.

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

post #158 of 159 Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 AM

Got my 3da-1 at a local home theater store this week, got it hooked up and it's working. Now I'm just waiting on my hdmi switcher and crossing my fingers that it works as well. Anyone out there needing a 3DA-1. I got mine at Primetime Audio Video here in Rockford IL. They still had about 7 left when I got mine. Heres a link to there website.

http://www.primetime-av.com/

Ask for Will and tell him Alan sent you...

P.s. I'll give a update on how the hdmi switcher I ordered works with with the 3da-1.
post #159 of 159 Old 08-17-2010, 06:03 AM

Liked: 11
I have an extra one of these. unopened willing to trad or sell pm me offers!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page