post #91 of 2966 Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post

Just got back from BestBuy where I watched a Samsung 3D tv w/ Samsung glasses. Watchd the World Cup final for about 10 minutes. This was my first time seeing 3D tv.

I was disappointed at the picture, frankly. While the 3 D effect was interesting, it was not what I thought it would be. The picture was slightly darker, as expected with the glasses, but my eyes bothered me after about 5 minutes. As the camera followed the play, the crowds in the background were slightly blurry, but not in the norman "blurry" way. It was almost as if my eyes were out of sync with each other; the ball was slightly blurry as it moved also. Overall the picture was sharp.

I simply didn't want to watch anymore even though I could have at the display with 2 soft chairs and just me watching.

I am a little bummed out now. I couldn't wait for the Mitu. adapter/glasses to come out but now I'm wondering if I want to spend $400 to see a picture which doesn't look as natural as my Mitsu.73837 HD.

Could it have been the Samsung TV? Or what do you think I experienced?

It could be a number of things. Perhaps the TV wasn't in true 3D mode, where they may have taken a 2D feed and had the TV convert it to 3D. Another thing to consider is the fact that the Word Cup is being shot native 50i and converted to 60i for the US. While the conversion is good, the ball looks blurry even on 2D ESPN. And lastly, most of soccer is done with very wide shots of the field, where the depth is hardly evident. The best 3D shots are where there is something in the foreground, something in the middle, and something in the background. As others here have stated, see another demo before making any judgements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2966 Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

I have a Yamaha RX-V565, 1.3, 7.1 sound system. I ran the PS3 into the Yamaha with a 1.3 cable and then the Yamaha through the adapter to the 73735. Everything worked fine!!!!! The games I played all had great 3D. No assurances how things will work with the new BD firmware update for the PS3 coming in September.

I then hooked up my Directv HR23 into the Yamaha with a 1.4 cable and got mixed results. The soccer match I had previously recorded played fine in 3D. But when I tried to play the other 3D content I had recorded, I received the message that the content could not play because the TV was not 3D compatible. It must have something to do with the Directv detection system.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Have you tried putting the adapter between the Directv and your Yamaha and then to the tv? I am just curious if that will work.

Directv-adapter-Yamaha-Mits Tv

My other idea is that you may have to go directly from your Directv to the adapter and then to the TV.
post #93 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

Buy the Samsung starter pack for 185 (ON EBAY), sell the 3D Bluray for 60 bucks, gets you the glasses for $60 each.

This is, in fact, what I did for my extra glasses. It was a great cost effective way to get extra glasses. And I easily sold the M v A discs for profit.
post #94 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 AM

I have a Panasonic 3D player(xxx-350), MITS WD-65735 3D-ready TV, 3D emmitter connected to vesa port, and EXpand102 glasses. All demo's and 3D blurays work fine. A 1.4 hdmi is connected to 3D panasonic main hdmi. Based on your saying the Samsung SSG-2100ab works fine on the MITs I bought two. When using them I turned them on and picture was bright but a double image or ghost is there. My TV mode is set for 3D on and reverse or normal, no improvement. The player is set properly as Xpand102 work fine. Any suggestions? If the don't work, they are going back to BB. Same glasses as those in MITS starter kit, not sure. They are light weight and hopefully will work. I ordered the MITS adapter and waiting like others. Will it make a difference?
post #95 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Are you seeing a Side by side image or a slight ghost?
If a ghost does the ghost only show up in scenes with high amounts of white or light colored content?
Have you tried turning down brightness level on the TV.
The adapter will not help with your the image from the 3D blu-ray player it would only help if receiving 3D content from a cable or satellite box.
post #96 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Can you leave the adapter powered on at all times even if you are not viewing 3d material or do you have to turn the device off in order for it to operate in pass-through mode? Thanks.
post #97 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

The adapter will not help with your the image from the 3D blu-ray player it would only help if receiving 3D content from a cable or satellite box.

The adapter converts all current 3D sources to checkerboard.
post #98 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFree2 View Post

I have a Panasonic 3D player(xxx-350), MITS WD-65735 3D-ready TV, 3D emmitter connected to vesa port, and EXpand102 glasses. All demo's and 3D blurays work fine. A 1.4 hdmi is connected to 3D panasonic main hdmi. Based on your saying the Samsung SSG-2100ab works fine on the MITs I bought two. When using them I turned them on and picture was bright but a double image or ghost is there. My TV mode is set for 3D on and reverse or normal, no improvement. The player is set properly as Xpand102 work fine. Any suggestions? If the don't work, they are going back to BB. Same glasses as those in MITS starter kit, not sure. They are light weight and hopefully will work. I ordered the MITS adapter and waiting like others. Will it make a difference?

What brand of emitter are you using? The IR emitter and IR glasses have to be compatible with each other in order to work. You can't mix and match emitters and glasses.
post #99 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM

I am seeing side by side images more than ghost effect. As far as the IR emitter I really don't know brand as it was plugged into the tv when I got it. The Xpand 102 glasses don't require it. Maybe the MITS IR emitter when it comes will match glasses & resolve the problem. The 3D player is set for checkerboard and its working. This is like trying to drive a new car but can't until the tires are installed. Its a hurry up and wait process. Like others I can't wait to get my MITS "3D-Ready" functioning before all 3D movies are released to enjoy and have proper 3D glasses all working for our guests and a WOW display.
post #100 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All, I haven't checked to see if anyone else has posted this news, but I called RC Willey today and as of last Friday, they will accept phone orders for the starter kit and drop ship to you. Apparently they were being overwhelmed with phone order attempts and decided to change their policy. Mine ships out tomorrow!!!! $11 flat rate to ship apparently, and they had a decent deal on the Samsung kids glasses so I bought a pair of those too. Will post about compatibility of the kids glasses once I receive them.
post #101 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm not in a big hurry, I'll just sit on my Amazon order. I can still watch 3D BD's with my panny and Uverse has no 3D channels yet.
post #102 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFree2 View Post

I am seeing side by side images more than ghost effect. As far as the IR emitter I really don't know brand as it was plugged into the tv when I got it. The Xpand 102 glasses don't require it. Maybe the MITS IR emitter when it comes will match glasses & resolve the problem. The 3D player is set for checkerboard and its working. This is like trying to drive a new car but can't until the tires are installed. Its a hurry up and wait process. Like others I can't wait to get my MITS "3D-Ready" functioning before all 3D movies are released to enjoy and have proper 3D glasses all working for our guests and a WOW display.

Perhaps it's an Nvidia VISION emitter?

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #103 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjknatl View Post

All, I haven't checked to see if anyone else has posted this news, but I called RC Willey today and as of last Friday, they will accept phone orders for the starter kit and drop ship to you. Apparently they were being overwhelmed with phone order attempts and decided to change their policy. Mine ships out tomorrow!!!! $11 flat rate to ship apparently, and they had a decent deal on the Samsung kids glasses so I bought a pair of those too. Will post about compatibility of the kids glasses once I receive them.

Just ordered one should ship tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. Saved me a very long wait.
post #104 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just called and they told me they are not shipping them, in store pickup only??
post #105 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

I just called and they told me they are not shipping them, in store pickup only??

Strange. Maybe your sales agent was not aware. I'd call them back and see what happens.
post #106 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up, didn't pre order before so I thought id have to wait months, just got off the phone with rc wiley got one ordered on second day air and ships out tommorow. The sales lady said they had about 25 left if this helps anyone. Can't wait
post #107 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Strange. Maybe your sales agent was not aware. I'd call them back and see what happens.

Im trying lol somebody just picked up and told me the system just went down and for me to call back in twenty minutes, this was after i was on hold for close to 15 min. When i told her i wanted to place an order she said let me guess the 3d adapter? Apparantly they are getting swamped with calls right now. Before i called one of the stores direct and thats who told me they are only doing local pickup.
post #108 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:

I got one too! Thanks for the heads-up.
post #109 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Im trying lol somebody just picked up and told me the system just went down and for me to call back in twenty minutes, this was after i was on hold for close to 15 min. When i told her i wanted to place an order she said let me guess the 3d adapter? Apparantly they are getting swamped with calls right now. Before i called one of the stores direct and thats who told me they are only doing local pickup.

I am now officially ordered. Thanks to the op of this!
post #110 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Hey Chris one more picture please. Can you take one of the glasses pouch? Thanks again.

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #111 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for that!
But I can't seem to get through on the phone......
post #112 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Yes, I expected the deluge of calls, so I warned the lady at RC Willey to get ready for non-stop calls for it. Let's hope all goes smoothly from this point forward. A crashed system makes me nervous.
post #113 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds54 View Post

Thanks for that!
But I can't seem to get through on the phone......

Got it!!!! Ships 2nd day air tomorrow.
There's still a few left.....
post #114 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Wish they had some of the plain adapters :/
post #115 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM

ordered mine at 1:30 eastern today and they had 45 left so it looks like they are going to besold out fast. i told the csr that they are about the only place in the country that has them (the mitsubishi gods must be looking down on them). mine ships tomorrow 2nd day air for 25.00. pajer
post #116 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Took like 13 minutes of holding, but I finally spoke with a very nice operator who took my order. $25 for 2nd day air. I told her she made my day, lol.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #117 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Was wondering since these starter packs are so hard to come by, wonder how much they would sell for on ebay?
post #118 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abouels0827 View Post

Was wondering since these starter packs are so hard to come by, wonder how much they would sell for on ebay?

only one way to find out.
post #119 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 PM

I predict R C Willey will be sold out by the close of business today!
post #120 of 2966 Old 07-12-2010, 01:10 PM

Haha yeah only one way, guess ill be puttin mine on ebay hoping its the next quick big buks. There isn't much 3d material out yet and probably won't be till next year so I can just re purchase when quantities are available.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page