Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbauerle View Post

Hi all...
Been a while since I even looked up th 3DC-1000. Now I have a 3D BluRay player...and I'm wondering about compatability.
Since I have a Pioneer Elite, SC-05 which is HDMI 1.3...I assume I cannot pass through a 3D signal from my Sony BDP-S590 to the SC-05 to the 3DC-1000 and into my Mits 65737...correct?
I assume I have to run the HDMI from the Player to the 3DC-1000 to my 65737, and just use optical out from the Player to the SC-05. I know I am missing out of HD Sound that way...but I can't really afford a new receiver.
So...whaddya say?

If putting the receiver in the signal path does not work, then does your blu-ray player have a second HDMI out or does it support checkerboard? If so, then you can feed audio (via second HDMI) or both audio and video (with checkerboard video) to your pioneer elite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjknatl View Post

You lose lossless with optical yes, but you also lose the extra two channels of the 7.1 soundtrack for those titles that support it. Depending on the content, that may or may not be noticeable. I have detected a difference for some titles that do a good job with 7.1.

Also optical does not get you the HD sound, just the regular Dolby Digital or DTS that would be on your DVDs. Is the difference noticeable? Definitely. Will I let it keep me from watching movies in 3D on my system? No, once you're engaged in the movie you don't really notice it that much, and I switch the output back to HDMI when I'm not watching 3D content. Note: I did notice how relatively lame the sound was on the Hunger Games Blu-ray I got from Netflix, which they neuter with only SD sound. There are times when a disc will default to the regular DD or DTS sound, and I'll wonder why it sounds so bad, then I hit Select (PS3), to see the output info, and realize it's playing the DD soundtrack, and switch it to Dolby TrueHD, and it's like a rather thick curtain has been lifted, all of a sudden I'm there. I never complained about the sound on DVDs when that was all I had, but once I got used to the extra fullness, clarity and spaciousness of the lossless HD tracks on Blu-ray, I definitely notice the step down to regular DD or DST. Of course if you're listening through a soundbar, or HTIB, or haven't setup the speakers well, you very well might not be able to notice the difference, just like how people who have their couches too far from the TV, or have poor eyesight can't notice the difference between SD and HD video.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Other than manually programming the whole 3 buttons on the remote, has it been entered into the harmony database?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Liked: 14
So I just re did my whole Sound System and painted my room.

Last night i went to plug back in my equipment but my 3DA-1 will not power on. The emittor shows red but no light on the box. It worked before.

My setup i have tried.

PS3 -> 3DA1 -> Onkyo RC360 -> 65C9 DLP

PS3 -> 3DA1 -> 65C9 DLP

Any ideas where i am going wrong?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
1. Unless you have modifed the adapter, do not PS3>3DA-1>Onkyo>TV. Unmodified, it will not work with it's output connected to the Onkyo.
2. Make sure you did not mix up the HDMI IN and HDMI OUT on the adapter. The HDMI OUT connects to the TV, not the HDMI IN. The HDMI IN connects to the source device.
3. Make sure you have the AC/DC power converter properly pluged in to the adapter.
4. Make sure the source device is powered on and suppling a signal to the adapter - the adapter cannot power on without a signal comming from the source device to the adapter on the HDMI IN.

If your Onkyo is 3D compatible the connections should be PS3>Onkyo>(HDMI IN) 3DA-1 (HDMI OUT)>TV.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

1. Unless you have modifed the adapter, do not PS3>3DA-1>Onkyo>TV. Unmodified, it will not work with it's output connected to the Onkyo.
2. Make sure you did not mix up the HDMI IN and HDMI OUT on the adapter. The HDMI OUT connects to the TV, not the HDMI IN. The HDMI IN connects to the source device.
3. Make sure you have the AC/DC power converter properly pluged in to the adapter.
4. Make sure the source device is powered on and suppling a signal to the adapter - the adapter cannot power on without a signal comming from the source device to the adapter on the HDMI IN.
If your Onkyo is 3D compatible the connections should be PS3>Onkyo>(HDMI IN) 3DA-1 (HDMI OUT)>TV.

My receiver is 3d compatible. That is a great idea i did not think of however is it doesnt work from PS3 -> Adapter -> TV...I dont know how hooking it up differently will work.

"If your Onkyo is 3D compatible the connections should be PS3>Onkyo>(HDMI IN) 3DA-1 (HDMI OUT)>TV."

Could there be a capacitor problem?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:

So I tried PS3 => Adapter => TV Bypassing the Receiver. Still the Emitter lights up but the box seems dead. Am I doing something wrong? Should be this complicated. I also tried with a Cable Box.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post

So I tried PS3 => Adapter => TV Bypassing the Receiver. Still the Emitter lights up but the box seems dead. Am I doing something wrong? Should be this complicated. I also tried with a Cable Box.

So once you had it hooked up. Did you then go into the PS3 video setup, and select Automatic, to let it detect that you have a 3D display? Did it detect it, and let you select a screen size? I think a single light (on the 3dc-1000) is on when it's just hooked up, and a second light comes on when it starts receiving 3D content.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

So once you had it hooked up. Did you then go into the PS3 video setup, and select Automatic, to let it detect that you have a 3D display? Did it detect it, and let you select a screen size? I think a single light (on the 3dc-1000) is on when it's just hooked up, and a second light comes on when it starts receiving 3D content.

No thats the thing.

I hook my PS3 up directly to Adapter then to TV.

None of the two lights on the adapter light up. The emitter light is on.

I then turn on my PS3 but the Video screen just stays blue when no signal is detected.

On a side note when I had it hooked up PS3 => Onkyo => Adapter => TV, I would turn on the PS3 and hear the sound of the PS3 boot effects from my receiver but still no signal. Its weird.

Does this make sense?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
While you may have checked and just not said that you checked, please inidcate that you checked which device is on the HDMI IN vs HDMI OUT. Also recheck the power adatper connection to the adapter.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Maybe the power supply for the adapter failed??? You could look at it's specs on the back of it and get one for cheap on ebay to try. Worth the try if all else fails.

Good luck!

Ed
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:

While you may have checked and just not said that you checked, please inidcate that you checked which device is on the HDMI IN vs HDMI OUT. Also recheck the power adatper connection to the adapter.

The PS3 attached to the hdmi in and then hdmi out attached to tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Maybe the power supply for the adapter failed??? You could look at it's specs on the back of it and get one for cheap on ebay to try. Worth the try if all else fails.
Good luck!
Ed

If the power to the adapter failed then why is the emmitor lit up? Is that powered by the adapter or the cab
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post

The PS3 attached to the hdmi in and then hdmi out attached to tv
If the power to the adapter failed then why is the emmitor lit up? Is that powered by the adapter or the cab

The emitter and adapter are two different things. The emitter plugs into the back of your TV and is powered from there. The adapter has it's own power supply that you plug into the wall. You can find what it's specs are for amps & volts on the back of it. I'd look for you but I sold mine some time ago when I got an Epson 3010 projector for our 3D viewing. I'm GUESSING it might very well be the power supply. You DO have it plugged into the adapter and wall socket??? Just do a search on ebay for one. You can find one for just a few bucks there that matches the specs of the Mits one. Search power supplies or power supply under electronics.

Ed
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 PM

Liked: 10
So I'm running into an issue here that hopefully someone can help on.

I've had the 82837 (the 2009 82" 3D ready DLP) for 3 years now. Was given a 3DC-1000 kit for Christmas. The adapter won't turn on, which leads me to believe it's just faulty out of the box, but I want to make sure there's not something I'm missing prior to dealing with the headache of a replacement.

My setup is thus:

A PS3 w/ latest updates
a Yamaha RX V-467 A/V receiver which I (painfully) managed to update the firmware on last night to allow 3D pass-through via HDMI
A DirecTV receiver
The 82837
The 3DC-1000

The PS3 and DirecTV were always routed through the Yamaha. What I did was take the HDMI cable that ran from the Yamaha to the TV, and put it in the HDMI in port of the 3DC adapter. I then took the HDMI cable Mitsubishi gave me with the 3DC and ran it from the HDMI out of the adapter to the HDMI 1 of the TV (where the original HDMI cable ran to). I've got an emitter cable running from the adapter to the TV as instructed, and the actual emitter running from the 3DC to the top of my TV. The emitter itself glows red, even if I unplug the adapter's power cord. I assume it's being powered by the HDMI cables. The adapter itself though, the power light won't come on. Is there some sort of failsafe by which the thing won't light up unless certain conditions are met? The owner's manual makes no mention of this. And if that is the case, what conditions can I implement to get this to happen?

The 3DC kit was brand new btw, not used.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:25 PM

For DirecTV, you'll need to hook up the Mits adapter directly to the D* box via HDMI; it won't recognize it through a 1.3 HDMI AVR (what I do on my setup is have D* connected via composite to my AVR).

For the PS3, you'll need to hook the PS3 to the Mits adapter then change the options on the PS3 menu to turn 3D on. After that, you can hook the PS3 to the AVR then the AVR to the Mits adapter; the problem is for 3D blu ray movies you'll probably have to bypass the receiver entirely, but it should work for 3D games.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM

I've tried connecting my DirecTV receiver (HR-24 200) to the adapter directly - adapter won't turn on
I've tried connecting my PS3 to the adapter directly - adapter won't turn on (and I didn't see anything in the PS3 menu about enabling 3D).

In both instances where I do this, my screen remains blue, so the signal isn't getting pushed all the way to the TV with the adapter's power off, I guess? Or is there another issue at play there?

My receiver allows 3D passthru via HDMI, and all of my cables are 1.4 w/ ethernet, so the cabling shouldn't be an issue. I'm leaning towards a defective adapter, but the Mitsubishi office is closed today (and all weekend), so I haven't been able to talk to them.

This whole thing is turning out to be a lot more hassle than it's worth frown.gif.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
If anyone has a 3da-1, 3dc-1000, or 3dc-100s they would like to sell, please let me know. It is ridiculouse how much some retailers are gauging prices now that it is discontinued. It was $99, now 500!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I disagree. This is not price gouging, it is supply and demand rearing its ugly head. Still lots of demand, while the supply is all but gone. If I put up my 3DA-1 for sale on eBay starting at $1 the final selling price would be around $300. That price is determined by the bidders, so it is the current value of the product. Yes, I originally purchased it for $99, but I also did it about three years ago when they were very easy to find.

Blame Mitsubishi for not making enough adapters, and even more-so Samsung for not doing anything but leaving their customers having to use Mitsubishi equipment. Mitsubishi probably only considered the demand based on their own users, and didn't account for the huge number of Samsung HDTV users that can use it on their sets as well.

Either way, the market has set the >$300 price. Anyone with one would be foolish to sell it for $99 knowing full well the supply of them is gone.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Pro-market values arguments aside, it is IMO disappointing to see a "big" retailer like Walt's selling the 3DA-1 as of this writing for $499.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My tip for you is to search craigslist but not only locally. I have had success paying non-local people via PayPal and they ship me the item. It usually takes a phone call and some smooth talking to make sure nobody gets scammed. Here are a few for sale:
http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/3507136875.html
http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/3484595595.html
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I got my 3D kit for $120 on craigslist. It was brand new. Just keep looking and something will pop up.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Why does the emitter light up all the time even if my TV isn't in 3D mode? The only way I can make it turn off is to enable then disable 3D mode.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I really do appreciate the helpful feedback! Thanks guys, I forgot all about Craigslist.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM

im selling my convertor for 250 plus shipping in the us .if intrested pm me
Old 01-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have 4 pairs of the 3d glasses that came with the starter kit for sale. Glasses are mint, pm me for details.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

I disagree. This is not price gouging, it is supply and demand rearing its ugly head. Still lots of demand, while the supply is all but gone. If I put up my 3DA-1 for sale on eBay starting at $1 the final selling price would be around $300. That price is determined by the bidders, so it is the current value of the product. Yes, I originally purchased it for $99, but I also did it about three years ago when they were very easy to find.

Blame Mitsubishi for not making enough adapters, and even more-so Samsung for not doing anything but leaving their customers having to use Mitsubishi equipment. Mitsubishi probably only considered the demand based on their own users, and didn't account for the huge number of Samsung HDTV users that can use it on their sets as well.

Either way, the market has set the >$300 price. Anyone with one would be foolish to sell it for $99 knowing full well the supply of them is gone.
yep. Same issue. My adapter seems dead but emmitor still lights up when plugged into the emittor input. I've used this thing 10 times. Wtf