Nvidia 3d Vision and Xpand X102 3d dlp link glasses - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone confirm that the Xpand X102 or any Dlp-link 3d glasses will work simultaneously with the Nvidia 3d vision glasses?

I have the Optoma hd66 projector with Nvidia 3d Vision kit with one pair of nvidia glasses. Right now I can watch bluray 3d without a problem if the ir transmitter is near or directly in front the glasses. I want to buy 3 more pair of 3d glasses , I can see that the nvidia 3d vision glasses will be a problem if I use one ir transmitter. The glasses start to flicker a lot if I'm not close to the transmitter or directly in front of it.

I would really like to get the dlp link glasses so I wouldnt have to worry about the ir transmitter distance/flicker problem. I can't lay down and use the nvidia glasses without losing sync with the ir transmitter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaslee21 View Post

Can anyone confirm that the Xpand X102 or any Dlp-link 3d glasses will work simultaneously with the Nvidia 3d vision glasses?

I have the Optoma hd66 projector with Nvidia 3d Vision kit with one pair of nvidia glasses. Right now I can watch bluray 3d without a problem if the ir transmitter is near or directly in front the glasses. I want to buy 3 more pair of 3d glasses , I can see that the nvidia 3d vision glasses will be a problem if I use one ir transmitter. The glasses start to flicker a lot if I'm not close to the transmitter or directly in front of it.

I would really like to get the dlp link glasses so I wouldnt have to worry about the ir transmitter distance/flicker problem. I can't lay down and use the nvidia glasses without losing sync with the ir transmitter.

Have you tried setting the IR transmitter to max power output? Mine transmits a good 15-20ft around my entire room.
post #3 of 17 Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Have you tried setting the IR transmitter to max power output? Mine transmits a good 15-20ft around my entire room.

No, I didn't know that was possible. Is that in the nvidia control panel settings?
post #4 of 17 Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No, I didn't know that was possible. Is that in the nvidia control panel settings?

Yeah. Choose "Run Setup Wizard" from the "Set up stereoscopic 3D" section and under "setup gaming environment" choose the first setting for no other IR devices in the room. That will make the emitter output at max power. When the emitter is active for me it blocks my Comcast remote lol.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM

Just a quick side question for you guys....

If you just buy nividia's glasses(not the kit) do they come with an emitter? What else do you get in the kit that you wouldn't get just buying the glasses?

Also, newb question, the emitter plugs into the tv/projector correct? How long is the emitter cable/cord?
post #6 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Dixon View Post

Just a quick side question for you guys....

If you just buy nividia's glasses(not the kit) do they come with an emitter? What else do you get in the kit that you wouldn't get just buying the glasses?

Also, newb question, the emitter plugs into the tv/projector correct? How long is the emitter cable/cord?

The kit gives you the glasses, the emitter, and all the cables (hdmi, usb) accessories.

if you buy just the glasses then that's what you get, no more and no less.

The emitter plugs into the TV vesa connector.
The cables for the emitter is fairly long (6 ft I think).
It has no problem reaching between my TV (73") to my HTPC sitting on the side of the TV on the shelf.

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune: SRI , CBE

post #7 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopho View Post

The kit gives you the glasses, the emitter, and all the cables (hdmi, usb) accessories.

if you buy just the glasses then that's what you get, no more and no less.

The emitter plugs into the TV vesa connector.
The cables for the emitter is fairly long (6 ft I think).
It has no problem reaching between my TV (73") to my HTPC sitting on the side of the TV on the shelf.

The Emitter will also plug directly into your pc's via the usb cable supplied. In my case, I have a projector and Im not using the vesa connector. I have the emitter plugged into my pc and I bought me a usb cable extender, so that I can put my emitter in the front of my room (15ft).
post #8 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Yeah. Choose "Run Setup Wizard" from the "Set up stereoscopic 3D" section and under "setup gaming environment" choose the first setting for no other IR devices in the room. That will make the emitter output at max power. When the emitter is active for me it blocks my Comcast remote lol.

Thank you! It Works great throughout my entire room now!

I called Nvidia support and I asked them how I could make my emitter stronger. They didn't know a damn thing I could do to solve this problem. This Shows how much their tech support knows...

Nvidia Support Chat Log
[09:03:37 AM] Hi, my name is Anupama. How may I help you?
[09:04:04 AM] Nicholas : How do I increase the 3d vision ir transmitter power output
[09:04:24 AM] Nicholas : I have to be really close to the transmitter, otherwise it flickers really bad
[09:04:45 AM] Anupama: Are you referring to the depth of 3D?
[09:05:27 AM] Nicholas : No.. I was told you can increase the power output to make the ir transmitter transmit further
[09:06:01 AM] Nicholas : Right now I have to be directly in front and close to the emitter
[09:08:11 AM] Nicholas : ?
[09:08:56 AM] Anupama: Flicker can be caused by the following setup issues:

BlaBlaBlaBla....

[09:09:49 AM] Anupama: I am sorry, but there is no option to increase the power of the emitter as such.
[09:11:33 AM] Anupama: The above flicker conditions are not failures in the hardware. Please adjust your setup position or change you screen refresh rate as advised below. Additional information can be found in the userguide,setup wizard or tips n tricks.
[09:11:50 AM] Nicholas : Ive tried all that. Can I use dlp link glasses with nvidia 3d vision.
[09:12:12 AM] Anupama: Okay.
[09:12:27 AM] Nicholas : It works fine when the emitter is directly in front ok me, so it's not the refresh rate.
[09:13:13 AM] Anupama: Alright.
[09:13:17 AM] Nicholas : Can I use dlp link glasses?
[09:14:03 AM] Anupama: If you are able to get them to work without any issues you can surely try using them.
[09:15:16 AM] Nicholas : Well are they supported with the nvidia 3d vision...? Im not going to buy them unless they are compatible..
[09:16:23 AM] 'Nicholas ' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').
post #9 of 17 Old 09-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

I called Nvidia tech support once.
It was the most wasted moment I've ever spent on.
Clueless and mostly useless.

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune: SRI , CBE

post #10 of 17 Old 09-11-2010, 04:53 PM

They work on my setup. It's much brighter, due to the DLP-Link on the projector. I got them so I could have more than 4 glasses (3D Vision) with my screen. If anyone wants to buy them, I'd probably part with 'em. It does work, if the display device supports it. PJD6531w in my case, has a specific setting.

gravy
post #11 of 17 Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 PM

Liked: 12
Unfortunately not for me. I have 82" DLP and Xpand 102 would not work. They were fine with Avatar on Xbox360 and IO glasses. Mitsubishi glasses are opposite of Xpand 102. The Xpands would not even turn on with the PC.
post #12 of 17 Old 09-14-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:

No they will not work together, as soon as you turn one or the other on, one will fickler a few times then stop working. Also the quality of the nvidia glasses is far superior than that of the xpands, so if you are good with that setup I would stick with the nvidias.

I used to use the nvidia glasses myself and I feel without a doubt they produce the best picture, but at least with my setup it was too much of a pain to have to setup each time I used them. I truly wish my Mitsubishi glasses with emitter produced as nice as a picture as the nvidia ones, but at least they still look a lot nicer then the xpands did.
post #13 of 17 Old 09-14-2010, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinefski View Post

No they will not work together, as soon as you turn one or the other on, one will fickler a few times then stop working. Also the quality of the nvidia glasses is far superior than that of the xpands, so if you are good with that setup I would stick with the nvidias.

I used to use the nvidia glasses myself and I feel without a doubt they produce the best picture, but at least with my setup it was too much of a pain to have to setup each time I used them. I truly wish my Mitsubishi glasses with emitter produced as nice as a picture as the nvidia ones, but at least they still look a lot nicer then the xpands did.

Thanks for clearing that up. I bought 2 of the Optoma ZD101 DLP Link Glasses (Only $79 with free shipping from beachcamera), they will arrive today. If the nvidia glasses and the dlp link glasses differ much, I will send the dlp link glasses back.
post #14 of 17 Old 09-14-2010, 07:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I believe that since the X102 DLP-Link glases should be in Reverse mode with a RP DLP TV and the Nvidia glases should be in Normal mode that you would need the Viewsonic DLP-link glases (since they have a built in mode reversal switch) to work at the same time as the Nvidia glases.
post #15 of 17 Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I have 2 nvidia eye-wear and one pair of XpanD-X102 DLP-Link glasses.

Leave nVidia setup as default and place emitter in front of the nvidia glasses but Xpan shouldn't see the emitter. And TMT5 gives me the best results.

(btw i have an Acer 5360 and i setup my PJ in DLP 3D mode.)

_ _ _ _

Chronical Tester
post #16 of 17 Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Having tried to use them both, I can confirm that there are cases where they won't work together. The Nvidia emitter can interfere with DLP link sync, at least with xpand x102 glasses. I've heard others say they had no problem, but in my room they wouldn't work at all.
post #17 of 17 Old 01-02-2011, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post

Having tried to use them both, I can confirm that there are cases where they won't work together. The Nvidia emitter can interfere with DLP link sync, at least with xpand x102 glasses. I've heard others say they had no problem, but in my room they wouldn't work at all.

This is why i've said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricabullah View Post

Leave nVidia setup as default and place emitter in front of the nvidia glasses but Xpan shouldn't see the emitter. And TMT5 gives me the best results.

(btw i have an Acer 5360 and i setup my PJ in DLP 3D mode.)

Chronical Tester
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page