problem with new onkyo TX-NR5008,3D dont work!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi guys,i really apreciate any help with this big problem! today i buy the latest onkyo receiver TX-NR5008 ONLY FOR THE 3D SUPPORT!! i already have the onkyo tx-sr805 but dont work with hdmi 1.4a,anyway as i say before i buy this new receiver only for can enjoy 3d games and movies but for my big surprisse when i hook my ps3 and the new receiver dont work!! i have a mitsubishi wd82837 with the 3d adapter 3dc-1000 and nothing work!! i already write onkyo and mitsubishi but still dont have any answer from then!!

i really apreciate any help,i need to know what the problem is!! really thanks!!

edit:

hi guys,well yesterday 8-9-10 i buy the onkyo TX-NR5008, i already have the 805,really great receiver but dont work with 3d,well at least for my set up dont work,anyway i buy this TX-NR5008 only for the 3d support and for my surprisse when i hook my ps3 and start,3d dont work!!, i already try this 2 settings
1- ps3 to 3d adapter,adapter to receiver,receiver to tv
2-ps3 to receiver,receiver to 3d adapter,adapter to tv
any of then work!!

my setup:
MITSUBISHI WD82837
3DC-1000 3D ADAPTER
ONKYO TX-NR5008
PS3
ONKYO BP-807 THX BLU RAY PLAYER

any help guys?? really thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I'm just subscribing as I'm curious.

Panasonic TC-P58S2, Onkyo TX-NR1007, Onkyo DV-SP1000, Onkyo DV-HD805, Onkyo BD-SP807, Onkyo DX-V801, Onkyo UP-A1, Onkyo TA-RW411, Onkyo EQ-201, Yamaha Speakers NS700/750 Series, Blue Jean Cables
post #3 of 12 Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If you haven't done this yet, you need to rescan the video settings of the PS3 so that the PS3 recognizes your TV as 3-d capable when running through the 3-d adapter otherwise you don't get the 3-d options for the games. You might be able to run it when hooked up from the receiver to adapter to TV but I would start with running the PS3 to the adapter then to the TV first and then scan the video settings in the PS3 set up menu. After it recognizes your TV as a 3-d tv, you should then be able to run it through the receiver without a problem.

PS3 only has the 3-d games right now no 3-d movie support until October.
post #4 of 12 Old 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix1973 View Post

If you haven't done this yet, you need to rescan the video settings of the PS3 so that the PS3 recognizes your TV as 3-d capable when running through the 3-d adapter otherwise you don't get the 3-d options for the games. You might be able to run it when hooked up from the receiver to adapter to TV but I would start with running the PS3 to the adapter then to the TV first and then scan the video settings in the PS3 set up menu. After it recognizes your TV as a 3-d tv, you should then be able to run it through the receiver without a problem.

PS3 only has the 3-d games right now no 3-d movie support until October.

ok thanks for the info, i will try,and yes the 3d blu ray will come until october,but first they say that comes this month,well we keep waiting then,thanks men!!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM

I called ONKYO and MITSUBISHI the adapter is not compatible.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbj View Post

Not compatible with what?

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #7 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbj View Post

I have a similar setup but with the Samsung DLP TV and the 3DA-1000 adaptor using the Gelfin. In the begiining I had problems getting it all to work and was concerned about Mits adapter and the 5008 HDMI compatibility. I added a 4x2 HDMI matrix switch to the system thinking that I would have to separate the video and audio from 5008 duties and connect the video directly to the TV and only use the 5008 for the audio. However, the HDMI switch seems to solve the problem by itself and just using the switch between the 3DA-1000 and the 5008 erased the compatibility issues. I don't use the switch as a switch at all.

ASUS Formula III Rampage MB
Intel I7 960 CPU ATI 5850
12GB RAM 58TB Storage
Windows 7 Ultra 64 Bit
Arcsoft TMT5, Ceton Infinity4
Onkyo 5008 to Samsung HL67A750
post #8 of 12 Old 04-02-2011, 11:54 PM

Liked: 14
Sorry this may be a little long winded. I initially had a problem with my 82837 and my Yamaha RX-A3000 with the 3D. I am using both HDMI 1 and 2 out of the receiver to the TV. HDMI 1 from receiver to HDMI 1 on TV and HDMI 2 on receiver to 3D adapter, then to HDMI 2 on TV. I had setup the receiver to the BOTH setting on the HDMI output. Once I configured the receiver to output only on the input I was using at that time it worked fine. Problem was the BOTH setting was combining the information sent from the 3D adapter and straight from the TV. I have one 3D capable input with the adapter and one straight from the TV which is not. All components connected to the receiver will only output what is common to the display devices. Which is no 3D. To check this is easy. If you are using two outputs from the receiver, disconnect the one not going through the 3D adapter. If it then works you need to figure out how to configure the outputs to the devices or tasks. Yamaha has Scenes for this. I have HDMI 2 set up on the TV for 3D viewing and HDMI 1 for normal viewing. I am sure that Onkyo has something similar to Yamaha. Hope this helps. BTW unless you are using optical out for audio you will want the adapter after the receiver or you will loose any audio except stereo. ARG...original post last SEPT!!!!
post #9 of 12 Old 04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Many 3D sources will not allow two intermediates e.g. receiver and 3D adapter.
My comcast box won't output 3D through my 3D receiver and my 3D adapter.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-06-2011, 11:36 AM

Will not handshake with one another the adapter and the receiver...
post #11 of 12 Old 07-02-2011, 02:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Interesting. Here is a dilemma I am running into & hoping can be solved.

I'm looking into building another PC, which I plan to connect to my home theater system.

My setup is:

TV: Mits Laservue L75A91,
Receiver: Onkyo TXNR5008,
Mits 3DC-1000 3D Adapter, + Blu-ray player, XB360, & DirecTV HD.

The way everything is setup, I have all my Video sources (XB360, DirecTV, 3D Bluray player) running into the Onkyo AVR via HDMI connections, then from the Onkyo I have 1 HDMI cable (out input) running through the Mits 3D adapter & from the 3D adapter, I have 1 HDMI cable running into HDMI 1 input on the Laservue. This is so I can view 3D content on the Laservue, no matter the source.

Now ideally, I want to use my PC for a little gaming, movies & internet surfing. My gaming card for my PC will be an NVIDIA model, haven't decided on which one yet. I like the fact it offers up 3D Vision. So I like the prospect of being able to watch YouTube 3D, 3D Movie trailers & anything 3D as well using the NVIDIA 3D Vision kit.

So planning things through I seem to run into the problem w/ my setup of how to get video to pass from my PC via HDMI through my Onkyo through the Mits 3D adapter to the Laservue. The reason I would run it this way is to be able to view 3D from my PC, since This Laservue model requires you run an HDMI through the 3D adapter to get 3D to work on the Laservue.

I tried testing the setup connecting my current desktop via HDMI to the Onkyo to see if I could get video on the Laservue, but no video appeared. Now when I run the HDMI from the PC directly to my Laservue, I get video, but again, I want to use my future PC build to also view 3D content & only way is to either connect it through the Onkyo AVR or have to go through the hassle of having to unplug & plug the PC directly to the Mits 3D adapter, bypassing the Onkyo anytime I want to use the 3D features on my PC.

Any suggestions?

GO SPURS! GO COWBOYS!
post #12 of 12 Old 07-05-2011, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSKILZ View Post

Interesting. Here is a dilemma I am running into & hoping can be solved.

I'm looking into building another PC, which I plan to connect to my home theater system.

My setup is:

TV: Mits Laservue L75A91,
Receiver: Onkyo TXNR5008,
Mits 3DC-1000 3D Adapter, + Blu-ray player, XB360, & DirecTV HD.

The way everything is setup, I have all my Video sources (XB360, DirecTV, 3D Bluray player) running into the Onkyo AVR via HDMI connections, then from the Onkyo I have 1 HDMI cable (out input) running through the Mits 3D adapter & from the 3D adapter, I have 1 HDMI cable running into HDMI 1 input on the Laservue. This is so I can view 3D content on the Laservue, no matter the source.

Now ideally, I want to use my PC for a little gaming, movies & internet surfing. My gaming card for my PC will be an NVIDIA model, haven't decided on which one yet. I like the fact it offers up 3D Vision. So I like the prospect of being able to watch YouTube 3D, 3D Movie trailers & anything 3D as well using the NVIDIA 3D Vision kit.

So planning things through I seem to run into the problem w/ my setup of how to get video to pass from my PC via HDMI through my Onkyo through the Mits 3D adapter to the Laservue. The reason I would run it this way is to be able to view 3D from my PC, since This Laservue model requires you run an HDMI through the 3D adapter to get 3D to work on the Laservue.

I tried testing the setup connecting my current desktop via HDMI to the Onkyo to see if I could get video on the Laservue, but no video appeared. Now when I run the HDMI from the PC directly to my Laservue, I get video, but again, I want to use my future PC build to also view 3D content & only way is to either connect it through the Onkyo AVR or have to go through the hassle of having to unplug & plug the PC directly to the Mits 3D adapter, bypassing the Onkyo anytime I want to use the 3D features on my PC.

Any suggestions?

I believe the issue is that your HTPC is sending video at computer timing (60 Hz is exactly that-60 Hz-while 60 Hz to consumer electronics devices like DVD and BD players is actually 59.xxx Hz), and the Reon in the receiver is looking for consumer video timings. See if your video card will allow you to specify custom video resolutions including scan rates. If not, you may have to use the PowerStrip utility, which should make it possible to do so.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Reply 3D Tech Talk