3D Heaven Ultra-Clear Glasses - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 491 Old 07-27-2011, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
They aren't on the site anymore. That may be a bad sign.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 491 Old 07-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

They aren't on the site anymore. That may be a bad sign.

Yep, they indeed have been taken down. I'm very dissapointed as they where rather comftorable. The only isuee in terms of design was they let my eye lashes touch the lenses if I put them on to close (which is easy to do in the middle of lost planet 2 etc).
post #483 of 491 Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

The samsung ir rechargable glasses have replacable nose peices to fix that, which is nice since we all have different noses. Plus, they are more comfortable being lighter.
Hopefully they will bring out the rechargable ones for all ir modes. I know I haven't touched my nVidia glasses since I got the Ultraclear ones, although I am using the samsung rechargable with my projector.
post #484 of 491 Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post

Man how can I make this clearer. I bought two pairs of glasses the ones desgined for lg tv's (which don't pair with my lg tv) and another designed for use with 3d vision. FOR THE LAST TIME, IT IS THE GLASSES.

How do you know it isn't the emitter in the TV? Try watching it through a digital camera.
post #485 of 491 Old 07-28-2011, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Because he said the glasses that came with it work fine.
post #486 of 491 Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Because he said the glasses that came with it work fine.

That along with my xpand x103's work fine with it.

I got my second responce which seems oddly familiar, though hopefully it will all be resolved and they can be made to work as they are super comfy:

Quote:

Hello,

We have sold over 500 units of both of these versions of glasses and no one else has mentioned any issues. If you need assistance with them or if you would like to send them back for testing just let me know.

Thanks, Carl

post #487 of 491 Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM

I've had to up my dispute to a claim as they simply don't seem to want to respond. A shame as I think they are very comfy glasses, if only they worked.
post #488 of 491 Old 11-02-2011, 12:31 AM

Since the other jerks that got these failed to report I'll do their job.

I have a c7000 flashed to c8000 samsung plasma that I feel is still the best overall TV on the market (if you don't consider 3D) because of the artifacts and floating introduced in newer versions.

The problem with this TV has been the horrible white ghosting in 3D that makes much of my 3D content pretty much unwatchable (and I don't have any sync problems like other users). Coincidentally the worst is on the Monsters VS Aliens that actually came with the TV.

So I FINALLY got these and I am pretty happy. They completely eliminate some ghosting and reduce all of it by about 50+% brightness. That's my estimation at least. They are MUCH more comfortable as well but not as cosmetically appealing (not like that matters).

So now I can finally enjoy the 3D on my TV including Monsters Vs Aliens. Still some significant ghosting but I wouldn't trade this TV for anything else.

The ultra clear glasses do cause a little flickering sometimes (similar to the flickering on old CRT running at 60hz) and give a SLIGHTLY darker picture but the trade-off is WELL worth it. (I'm guessing the glasses have a longer closed time.) I'd think a firmware update could alleviate the problem a little bit too since almost all of the ghosting is in one eye but Samsung hasn't updated it in ages.
post #489 of 491 Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 AM

flegg: Firmware might not be capable of fixing that kind of ghosting on Samsung sets. It's a 1-token protocol, so all they can do is adjust the phase. They have no control over the glasses duty cycle from the IR emitter side. So it depends on exactly what's up with the timings.
post #490 of 491 Old 11-02-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkidz View Post

flegg: Firmware might not be capable of fixing that kind of ghosting on Samsung sets. It's a 1-token protocol, so all they can do is adjust the phase. They have no control over the glasses duty cycle from the IR emitter side. So it depends on exactly what's up with the timings.

I probably don't have a good understanding but I was thinking a phase change is all that is needed? Because there is 0 ghosting in one eye, so adjust the phase until you just barely start to see ghosting in that eye?
post #491 of 491 Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM

I probably don't have a good understanding but I was thinking a phase change is all that is needed?

Might be, might not be. Might half-fix it. It depends on how much the ghosting crosses frame boundaries, and how fast the glasses can go fully black.
Reply 3D Tech Talk