3D Heaven Ultra-Clear Glasses - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 491 Old 12-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to find on e-bay or somewhere else, does anyone have a link????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 491 Old 12-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakulo View Post
I'm trying to find on e-bay or somewhere else, does anyone have a link????
Opening post?
post #93 of 491 Old 12-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Got my glasses yesterday. I looked at a little bit of Christmas Carol to try them out in comparison to my Samsung glasses. I am happy to say that I did not see any difference in quality. Both glasses performed at the same level for me. They were very comfortable although I also find the original Samsung glasses to be perfectly comfortable. For less than half the cost of the Samsung glasses these are a great deal!
post #94 of 491 Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

The Mits emitter will work with the glasses, but are you really referring to the adapter?

http://www.tru3d.com/3D_Displays/Samsung_DLP.php

No. I am well aware of the fact I need an adapter, was just curious about these particular glasses and the emitter.

Can the emitter be purchased separately or is it only bundled with glasses?
post #95 of 491 Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post

No. I am well aware of the fact I need an adapter, was just curious about these particular glasses and the emitter.

Can the emitter be purchased separately or is it only bundled with glasses?

It supposedly can be purchased separately, but different people get different answers when they call Mits. Tru3D also carries one, though it's way overpriced. http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_p...20IR%20Emitter

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #96 of 491 Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Ugh, thanks for the info. Still haven't decided what route to go regarding glasses.

DLP link is simpliest solution but I thought IR glasses would provide better synch. I sit 12 ft away from 67" screen.

I don't understand why a company would sell IR glasses without selling a compatible emitter. Seems like it would limit their customer base.
post #97 of 491 Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post

Ugh, thanks for the info. Still haven't decided what route to go regarding glasses.

DLP link is simpliest solution but I thought IR glasses would provide better synch. I sit 12 ft away from 67" screen.

I don't understand why a company would sell IR glasses without selling a compatible emitter. Seems like it would limit their customer base.

This may be a solution: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post19583125

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #98 of 491 Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I ordered 2 pair of the Ultra Clears Thursday night. Got an email from 'em yesterday (Fri.) that they were shipped. I'll report back when I get 'em.

Ed
post #99 of 491 Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Ordered 2 pairs tonight. Will report on them when they arrive.

I have a Mitsubishi 73735 with the 3DC1000 kit.
post #100 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

Ordered 3 of them on the 21st of november, got a shipping notice the same day but they haven't arrived yet. Used the most expensive option (EMI, $49) to hopefully get them here before my birthday party on the 28th. No such luck however. They went into local custums the morning of the 30th where according to USPS they still are.

Have sent them an mail last friday, will report back progress.
post #101 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticNJ View Post

Ordered 2 pairs tonight. Will report on them when they arrive.

I have a Mitsubishi 73735 with the 3DC1000 kit.

Mits 73736 and 3DC1000 here.

Ed
post #102 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 09:58 AM

I now have 2 pairs of UltraClears, 1 pair of XPAND x103, and 2 pairs of the Samsung battery type.

My favorite is the XPANDs, which are slightly brighter and a little warmer in color. I can't see any difference between the UltraClears and the Samsungs, but the Samsung glasses do fit much better over prescription glasses than the UltraClears. The Ultraclears seem to ride low over prescription glasses, and if your TV is somewhat high, you may find yourself tipping your head back a bit more than you otherwise would.

I am using tape over the sensors of the Samsung glasses to fix sync issues with my PN50C680 plasma. (There is another thread about that.) I have noticed the UltraClears (not taped yet) losing sync occasionally also, but not as bad as the Samsungs before their sensors were taped over. So, I'll try some tape on the UltraClear sensors also, which I expect will solve the problem.

I have rarely had sync issues with the x103s. I've had zero sync issues with the Samsungs after using the black tape modification.
post #103 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 PM

@mbuchana

Have not had any sync issues with my glasses, but crosstalk bugs me on several movies.

Any difference in crosstalk between the 3 types of glasses?
post #104 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 03:25 PM

I could not detect any difference in crosstalk between the 3 types.
post #105 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
In compaing the 3 models of glases it is important to compare them when watching high motion content(to test their response time) and separatly when waching scenes with very bright high contrast content(to test their ability to be 100% opaque) when in closed eye mode.
post #106 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I'll soon have all 3 types. I have a JVC RS40 3D projector and X103 glasses on order from AVS. I currently have the Samsung and Ultra Clear glasses, with a Samsung plasma. I think the Ultra Clears ghost a little more and have somewhat less contrast than the Samsungs, but they have very few sync issues. I'm really anxious to see what differences I find with the 103s.

Joe Clark

post #107 of 491 Old 12-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

In compaing the 3 models of glases it is important to compare them when watching high motion content(to test their response time) and separatly when waching scenes with very bright high contrast content(to test their ability to be 100% opaque) when in closed eye mode.

I don't high motion content matters. The display is toggling images between left eye and right eye at 120 Hz (60 Hz per eye). So, you can use a fixed image to evaluate crosstalk--the response time requirement is the same. Contrast matters a lot, of course.
post #108 of 491 Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

High motion does matter since the response time of the glases does matter. Users have stated that the Xpand 103 glases with their advertised very fast response time have less ghosting/crosstalk then the Mits IR glases or Samsmung glases.
I agree a fixed image is fine for evaluating the crosstalk caused by contrast issues.
post #109 of 491 Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Haven't had a chance to try 'em yet but wow, can't complain about the shipping time for the Ulta-Clears. Ordered them Thursday night, they advised me they shipped Friday and they were in my mailbox today (Monday). This is from California to mid-Michigan. I'll try them tomorrow and see how they compare to the Mits glasses.

Ed
post #110 of 491 Old 12-06-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

High motion does matter since the response time of the glases does matter. Users have stated that the Xpand 103 glases with their advertised very fast response time have less ghosting/crosstalk then the Mits IR glases or Samsmung glases.
I agree a fixed image is fine for evaluating the crosstalk caused by contrast issues.

I'm still not convinced that motion matters. Crosstalk is caused by the left image bleeding through to the right, and vice-versa. These toggle at 120 Hz rate (60 Hz per eye). It doesn't matter if the image is moving, the images still have to switch that rate. High contrast and high parallax/image separation between the left and right eye views makes crosstalk much more observable. You will see crosstalk if the glasses are too slow to turn off/on to match the frame toggle rate, but response time is only one of the possible causes of crosstalk.

Also: I agree on the response about fast shipping of the Ultra-Clears. I ordered them late on a Wednesday and got them on Saturday via USPS.
post #111 of 491 Old 12-06-2010, 04:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I am only saying that the actual response time of the LCD glasss is one of the factors of that can contibute to cross talk and is independent of the response time of the TV's LCD display and is independent of the contrast problems caused by some brands of glases and is independent of the TVs cicuits to insure that a new sync signal correctly corresponds to the change of the image on the screen.
post #112 of 491 Old 12-06-2010, 04:52 PM

concept is intresting,I have some more information.Our Ultra-Clear HD 3-D Glasses equal and exceed the quality and comfort of all major brands. You don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for extra Mitsubishi or Samsung 3D glasses! Our glasses are compatible with all Samsung and Mitsubishi 3D home theater systems.
post #113 of 491 Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettepet View Post
Ordered 3 of them on the 21st of november, got a shipping notice the same day but they haven't arrived yet. Used the most expensive option (EMI, $49) to hopefully get them here before my birthday party on the 28th. No such luck however. They went into local custums the morning of the 30th where according to USPS they still are.

Have sent them an mail last friday, will report back progress.
The glasses arrived today, together with a hefty fee of $58 (duties, etc.). Total cost for 3 pair: around $263. This makes them a lot more expensive than the regular Samsung glasses here (starterkit was about $140, including 2 pair and a free 3D movie).

I will send "Ultimate 3D Heaven" an email with some suggestions to help with future international customers.
post #114 of 491 Old 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I used the UCs today and other than a problem I also experienced with the Mits glasses they work fine. I think they might give just a tiny bit darker view but I'm very satisfied with them. I mentioned the "problem" in another thread and I'm sure it's not the glasses. For whatever reason I have to partially obsure the sensors on the glasses (both brands) with tape, otherwise they lose synch continuously. Have no idea why but since I found a solution it's not a big deal. 2008 Mits 73736 with their starter kit. Maybe 'cause DLP link is always on?

Ed
post #115 of 491 Old 12-07-2010, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The glasses arrived today, together with a hefty fee of $58 (duties, etc.). Total cost for 3 pair: around $263. This makes them a lot more expensive than the regular Samsung glasses here (starterkit was about $140, including 2 pair and a free 3D movie).

I will send "Ultimate 3D Heaven" an email with some suggestions to help with future international customers.

OUCH!

Ed
post #116 of 491 Old 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

What's your complaint? The duties are nothing new. Is this your first time ordering outside of your country?
post #117 of 491 Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

What's your complaint? The duties are nothing new. Is this your first time ordering outside of your country?

Nope. Quite the opposite in fact.

For the amount I paid for shipping they could have used a courier, who would have pre-charged duties and gotten me the small, light weight package in just a few days. Leaving that they could have either pre-charged duties themselves, or better (and more common) have put only the barest item costs on the cover to cover their own replacement costs in the unlikely case the items would have to be reshipped (damage/loss). In the latter case the amount could easily be as low not to induce charges, which is a service many smaller companies do for their international customers. In all cases (pre-charging, bare costs) it would save a full extra week in shipping and an extra (included) fee of $23.

I sent them an email about it, to help with future international customers/sales. I mentioned what happened in my case in this topic just like the other people did about their shipping experience with this firm.
post #118 of 491 Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by e3kehoe View Post

I was expecting about the same size as the nvidea vision glasses. No biggie though.

Do you have the Nvidia 3D vision system? Any chance these glasses work with the Nvidia emitter connected to a PC?
post #119 of 491 Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM

I don't know. My nvidea glasses won't work on the tv that I have my computer hooked up to.
post #120 of 491 Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Most shutter glasses work on their own IR frequency and are not interchangeable. An exception is the Samsung/Mitsubishi/Ultra-clears, which are.

Joe Clark

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page