Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 491 Old 12-27-2010, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg0010 View Post

Just received my 4 pair of Ultra Clears. Great service but I am afraid they sent the IR shutter glasses instead of the DLP Link glasses I ordered. Anyone know how to tell? I have a 2 pair of the ViewSonic DLP Link glasses and 4 pair of the Mits glasses. The Ultra Clears I received are nowhere near as good as the ViewSonics, but are more like the Mits glasses. I have also emailed the company that sent out the Ultra Clears.

Thanks for any help.
Gene

I'm a bit confused.... did you get them to work with the IR emitter or via DLP link or not at all? And if you didn't actually want a movie, then are they inferior in quality of build? Not being a smarta** just really can't tell. May be because it's too late

In any case, i ordered a pair of the dlp link version to compare to my optomas. Wish I had the viewsonics to compare as well. Is there a comparison between the optomas and the viewsonics I'm missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 06:05 AM

Yep - And the auction is true, My Wife cant watch 3D - The fast moving action like Avatar and the chase scenes get her sick and she now refuses to watch. Ill keep these for the movies I watch by myself and likely two more pairs for friends, just in case.
post #183 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 06:39 AM

I may have found an issue on the UltraClears - They worked great last night, but Im doing more testing this morning and with sunlight outside the glasses keep losing synch unless I get to about 4 feet in front of my 65" TV. Im testing watching DirecTV, Im going to the PS3 Next to see if its a device issue or a glasses issue.

Update : PS3 - same issue, any light hits the sensor on the Ultraclears, it loses the synch. This explains something my wife said testing the glasses last night - She had her Archos 70 on her lap and if she turned her head, she said the TV got brighter and blurry - I didnt have that issue, but it was the light from her tablet that made the glasses lose synch. (yeah, she cant watch 3D but I needed a 2nd opinion - There was no action going on, I put on the Disney 3D Demo Disc).

So now, after trying in the day, I do not recommend these over the Xpands - I have emailed them asking why I cant keep a signal with any light from outside. If I turn my head away from the window, I cant get a synch but I cant watch since Im not looking straight at the screen. This is, of course, a major issue.
post #184 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 AM

DLP or IR??? If IR who's emitter are you using and how do you have your components hooked up?
post #185 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 AM

Sorry - These are the DLP Link Ultra Clears - Comparable to the the Xpand X102's, but my 102 at least can synch with light in the room. If I close my blinds and curtains in the room they work great, the littlest bit of light and they the synch stops and the glasses go clear (and no 3D)
post #186 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan66 View Post

Sorry - These are the DLP Link Ultra Clears - Comparable to the the Xpand X102's, but my 102 at least can synch with light in the room. If I close my blinds and curtains in the room they work great, the littlest bit of light and they the synch stops and the glasses go clear (and no 3D)

Interesting, yours seems to be one of the first DLP link reviews. Looks like the IR version may be the way to go with these glasses?

In any case, I have a few questions for you.

1. I also own the XpanD 102's in addition to the Optomas. I am curious to how the black levels are in comparision to your 102's...because there is a clear difference between my Optomas and the XpanDs (Optomas are superior in comparison - clearer picture, blacks are black, colors accurately represented). The XpanDs have this greenish tint on blacks. This is why everyone is asking how these stack up to the Optoma/Viewsonic glasses (link issues aside).

2. What kind of TV do you have and what is the model number?
post #187 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 AM

Hmmmm .. I havent watched a ton yet, just about 15 minutes of How to Train Your Dragon, so I have seen alot of black at the beginning of the movie - and some dark scenes in Christmas Carol. The blacks are good and I have to say overall that I like the picture better on the UltraClears over the Xpands. The colors do seem better, and the blacks - well, they are close, but I dont really see a greenish tint (Then again, I dont really see that on my xpands either).

I have the Mits 65" WD-65C9 - Of course, Im using the 3DA-1 converter for my PS3 and DirecTV viewing.

Still no reply from the UltraClear people - Ill let everyone know what they say.
post #188 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Hi guys, I think there's a lot of sync issues in regards the DLP Link glasses, I have a viewsonic DLP Link glasses, and they go out of sync most of the time, the only way to increase sync is to set brightness gamma and contrast at the highest level, we should discuss more how to fix this problem... I will open a new discussion tonight with pictures of how I distortionated the image display in order to get 100% sync... I hope you support my findings in order to find a solution, regards.
post #189 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Hi all, I just joined this forum after getting a great deal on a Mitsubishi 60738. I was wondering if anyone else has had any difficulty dealing with Ultimate3DHeaven. I ordered a 2 pairs of the DLP Link Ultra Clears way back on 12/17 and have yet to hear anything about them.
I have emailed them twice to ask if they have even shipped and have not gotten any response. I know they werent available until 12/21 but still i would think by now they should have went out. There is no phone # i can find to reach them and i am getting a bit frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem or know of any better way to get a response? I ordered directly from their website, not an auction. Thanks for any response and also this is a really great forum!
post #190 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryice23 View Post

Hi all, I just joined this forum after getting a great deal on a Mitsubishi 60738. I was wondering if anyone else has had any difficulty dealing with Ultimate3DHeaven. I ordered a 2 pairs of the DLP Link Ultra Clears way back on 12/17 and have yet to hear anything about them.
I have emailed them twice to ask if they have even shipped and have not gotten any response. I know they werent available until 12/21 but still i would think by now they should have went out. There is no phone # i can find to reach them and i am getting a bit frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem or know of any better way to get a response? I ordered directly from their website, not an auction. Thanks for any response and also this is a really great forum!

I ordered 4 pair on the 21st and just got them today. I live in PA so they needed to make it here from CA. I used the 1-3 day express shipping.
So you can be assured they are sending the glasses out. I hope you see yours soon
post #191 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Check your junk mail filter. I got an email when I ordered, and another when it shipped, but it is a weird email address: Yhst-49619517642657 [ultimate3dh@yahoo.com]
Why it came up that way I don't know.
post #192 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltDoc View Post

I'm a bit confused.... did you get them to work with the IR emitter or via DLP link or not at all? And if you didn't actually want a movie, then are they inferior in quality of build? Not being a smarta** just really can't tell. May be because it's too late

In any case, i ordered a pair of the dlp link version to compare to my optomas. Wish I had the viewsonics to compare as well. Is there a comparison between the optomas and the viewsonics I'm missing?

I have both Mits and Viewsonic glasses. I don't like the Mits glasses because of the black issue. I ordered two pair of the Viewsonic glasses to try....great picture but too bulky and uncomfortable. Not to mention expensive. I do have the Mits emitter. They both "work" so that isn't the problem.

Then along comes the Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses. I thought they would be the best combination.....compact like the Mits and DLP link like the Viewsonics. But no, the Ultra clears look worse picture-wise than the Mits glasses and nowhere near as good as the Viewsonics. It doesn't matter if I set reverse or standard. Blacks and contrast in general are just no good. Which makes me believe that I may have received the emitter version instead of the DLP Link version. I have emailed the company but so far have not received a reply.

Thanks.
Gene
post #193 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

So I got the Ultra-Clear DLP Link glasses from 3DHeaven. I really like them. I use an Acer H5360 projector in a pitch black room. I have been using the nVidia glasses. The Icester effect is a minor issue over nVidia. That is where the eyes are reversed 50% of the time you go into 3D. I am using a PC so I simply hit the nVidia 3D hotkey twice if that happens. I tried flipping the glasses over once and they were actually quite comfortable that way, so that is a simple fix too. Positives are comfort, and clearness. The nVidia glasses tint the image more than the Ultra-Clears. Not losing sync is actually my favorite part. Every time I take a drink my nVidia glasses lose ir Sync. The Ultra-Clears never do. I suppose I could route my ir emitter to to the back of the room by the projector so it could bounce off the screen. I bought a second set of nVidia glasses on ebay and feel really dumb about that now. If I had ever sold anything on ebay I would sell both my sets and get more Ultra-Clears.
Warren.
post #194 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Hmmmm .. I havent watched a ton yet, just about 15 minutes of How to Train Your Dragon, so I have seen alot of black at the beginning of the movie - and some dark scenes in Christmas Carol. The blacks are good and I have to say overall that I like the picture better on the UltraClears over the Xpands. The colors do seem better, and the blacks - well, they are close, but I dont really see a greenish tint (Then again, I dont really see that on my xpands either).

I didn't notice the tint on my XpanDs either until I put on a set of the Optomas. So if these Link glasses were on par with Optoma/Viewsonic...you would have definately noticed.
post #195 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:

I have both Mits and Viewsonic glasses. I don't like the Mits glasses because of the black issue. I ordered two pair of the Viewsonic glasses to try....great picture but too bulky and uncomfortable. Not to mention expensive. I do have the Mits emitter. They both "work" so that isn't the problem.

Then along comes the Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses. I thought they would be the best combination.....compact like the Mits and DLP link like the Viewsonics. But no, the Ultra clears look worse picture-wise than the Mits glasses and nowhere near as good as the Viewsonics. It doesn't matter if I set reverse or standard. Blacks and contrast in general are just no good. Which makes me believe that I may have received the emitter version instead of the DLP Link version. I have emailed the company but so far have not received a reply.

Thanks.
Gene

Gene,

IR glasses will not work with DLP link...so if you are getting a washed out picture, but you are seeing 3D, you have the right glasses.
post #196 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Not losing sync is actually my favorite part. Every time I take a drink my nVidia glasses lose ir Sync. The Ultra-Clears never do. I suppose I could route my ir emitter to to the back of the room by the projector so it could bounce off the screen.

Have you updated the Nvidia driver to the latest version, #260? This is supposed to correct this problem. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but no one has confirmed if they updated the driver. I should have my system running by next weekend with 3D Vision and I'll install the latest drivers from Nvidia prior to plugging in the emitter and installing my new GTS 450.
post #197 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:29 AM

Okay,

I've read the whole thread, and many others, and I'm still wondering...

I've got a HL50A650 50-inch "6-Series" (Lamp type, A650) 3D-Ready DLP Samsung 1080p TV, my 3DA1 should arrive today or tomorrow at the latest, I've already done the MEL (Mitsubishi) EDID mod to my DVI/HDMI#3 Port so in theory I shouldn't need a tru3D pre-programmed Gefen HDMI Detective at all, I already have a DirecTV HR23/700 HD-DVR with the 3D channels showing up in the guide, my ordered Sony BDP-S570 3D Blu-Ray Player should arrive later this week (yeah I know, no checkerboard but the 3DA1 should solve that, right?), and I'm down to needing either DLP-Link glasses or an Emitter and IR glasses and the various reviews I'm seeing in this thread rarely mention DLP sets at all, or especially Lamp type light engine DLP models like my 6-Series and older sets instead of the bigger 7-Series "LED Light Engine" models and every type of TV (LCD/LED, Plasma, DLP, etc) has various differing issues with different glasses so I'd like to hear more about glasses setups from other Samsung DLP owners who are in this thread please...

I sit about 8-10ft from my 50" TV, during the day there's a TON of sunlight through the layers of closed shades AND curtains that I can't really reduce much further with 5 windows in the room that faces both south and east, and I would like at least 2 pairs of glasses to start off with.
Oh, and I also have flourescent bulbs in every lamp in the house which may be an issue for some IR Emitters and glasses from what I've seen mentionned in other places as I know it screws up some of my stereo components' remote signals occasionally, and there's always at least one lamp on any time there's not a massive amount of sunlight pouring into the room.

Soooo...
The good news is I don't wear prescription glasses so that's not an issue for me, BUT...
Apparently the bargain priced UC brand DLP-Link glasses work well in dark spaces but have major sync issues from ambient light levels?
and apparently a current version Mitsu/Samsung IR Emitter isn't included in most kits anymore and getting it separate from a kit is a difficult and pricy challenge so the cost of the bargain priced UC Brand IR glasses is partially offset by the cost and long waits for the IR Emitter from Mitsubishi if you can even still get one from them separately from a kit?

Sears' B&M store for my area is literally right up the road 2mi from here and apparently they have the X103's in stock but they're nearly double the UC brand's price there and without an IR Emitter they're basically useless from what I understand as they're NOT DLP-Link, they're IR?

So does anyone maybe have a spare of the current SG2100(or newer) series IR Emitter they'd like to part with via an immediate paypal payment and get it to me one day this week to 70460 zip code for a reasonable/decent pricealong the lines of ordering it myself from mitsubishi instead of the nearly double they're listed for on ebay over the last known mitsu parts dept pricing?
Not trying to be one of those stupid tight-wad noobs that have no clue what's involved in going 3D and balk at $99 for the 3DA1 and are even more astonished to learn that it doesn't come with any glasses at all for that price because they're cheap clueless consumer morons...
I'm actually considering the X103's but the 3DC-1000 kit is quite a bit more than I want to spend on 2 pairs of glasses and an emitter right now in addition to what I've already spent so far and still don't quite have everything I need (glasses/emitter setup) yet.

I'm also only "assuming" my HL50A650 Lamp type DLP set spits out DLP-Link natively, or does it?
I don't see anything about that in the menu's anywhere at all and Samsung support is basically useless at this point for their DLP 3D-Ready sets...

Oh, and very stupid question...
what's actually the difference between mode 1 and mode 2 in the 3D Effect menu on the Samsung 6-Series (A650) DLP TV's or should I post that question elsewhere?

Sorry for the length of this post!
I've done a lot of reading over the past 3 weeks and finally jumped into the process towards the end of last week and I'm so close to having it all together but damn if choosing the glasses combo/setup isn't the hardest part...
At this point I've got 3D Blu-Ray, 3D Satellite, and I even have a PC connected to the TV already which I can also theoretically use for games and downloadable/viewable web based 3D content too with the right player/viewer/software too.
So I've got all the sources in place already and the 3DA1 arriving shortly and now I just need the glasses setup to see it all with... :/
(and then I get to come up with a source switching and easy 2D/3D switchable viewing solution as phase 2 in the next few weeks, yay...)

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
I'd really like to be watching 3DTV by the end of the week and any assistance towards a solid reliable DLP-Link or IR Setup and decent choice(s) of compatible glasses for that setup for it would be greatly appreciated!!!
post #198 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I installed all the latest drivers, that isn't the problem, the problem is exactly my big old plastic water glass being between the ir emitter (which is on my center channel speaker at the bottom of my screen) and my glasses receiver. My entire room is flat black so that ir beam isn't going to bounce off anything. There can be no fix for that but moving the emitter so a much less convient location.
post #199 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Zukicat, if you have that much light, I wouldn't even mess around with dlp link. Get the emitter. Beyond that I don't have any clues for you.
post #200 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks.
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs View Post

Gene,

IR glasses will not work with DLP link...so if you are getting a washed out picture, but you are seeing 3D, you have the right glasses.

Gene,

What kind of TV do you have (I assume Mitsu)? I was thinking about this a little more, and the only thing I can think of regarding the glasses with terrible PQ, is you having your IR emitter plugged in and "on". So if you indeed got IR glasses but thought you were testing DLP link...your IR glasses could have been receiving a signal from the emitter (thereby showing the 3D), but the picture was washed out because DLP link was on as well.

So not knowing what TV you have...unplug the emitter (sounds like you have one because you have Mits glasses) and test DLP link again. If you do not have an emitter plugged in, and you are getting 3D, but the colors are washed out...then the glasses are correct.

Conversely...you can retest the IR function by turning off DLP link and only choosing IR emitter. This will give you a better comparison to the Mitsu glasses in terms of PQ.
post #201 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a completely different setup of course, but I run nVidia ir and dlp link at the same time and the both work nicely.
post #202 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jportillo1956 View Post

Hi guys, I think there's a lot of sync issues in regards the DLP Link glasses, I have a viewsonic DLP Link glasses, and they go out of sync most of the time, the only way to increase sync is to set brightness gamma and contrast at the highest level, we should discuss more how to fix this problem... I will open a new discussion tonight with pictures of how I distortionated the image display in order to get 100% sync... I hope you support my findings in order to find a solution, regards.

On my xpands I dont have a big issue - On a few movies I get flicker at times, but nothing like these UltraClears that wont synch if any light is out. Its cloudy now and the glasses synch better ... But pretty bad that they cant synch with alittle sunlight - How bad will these be in summer?
post #203 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
XRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipernewmanhaas View Post

Mits owner here 73738.

Using for two weeks now and the UC's are just as good as the mit's that came in the starter kit...also shows the incredible mark-up these companies are charging us.

2 pair for $119 you cant go wrong!

OK, sorry for being a little dense possibly, it's just that I've read this thread back and forth and I'm still a little confused.

I have a Mitsu 65738 bought in December this year that came with 2 pair of the Xpand 102s. So I can get more of these (DLP link) and they WILL work with the 102s, correct? The only 3D I've watched so far is DirecTV, but am getting RE:Afterlife and need at least 1 more pair.

Thanks
post #204 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
XRA

OK, sorry, now I see that I can. Oops thanks. Think I'll go ahead and try a pair.
post #205 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 PM
XRA

OK, just ordered a pair. Wish me luck!
post #206 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Good luck I am about to order more too.
post #207 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the reply. Hmm i have been checking my junk mail but i probably deleted anything with that kind of name in the address without even opening it. Oh well, i'll just keep my fingers crossed and give it a few more days.
post #208 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I may have found an issue on the UltraClears - They worked great last night, but Im doing more testing this morning and with sunlight outside the glasses keep losing synch unless I get to about 4 feet in front of my 65" TV. Im testing watching DirecTV, Im going to the PS3 Next to see if its a device issue or a glasses issue.

[...].

I received my four pairs yesterday, but did not have the setup or time to test them. They look fine; packaging was cheap but effective.

Reading about the sync-ing oversensitivity, I have a thought: I remember seeing what appeared to be an exposed sensor within a recess on the side. I just looked at the pictures of the glasses, and it appears to be same picture for the IR and DLPL version, and both show the recess *covered* with dark plastic flush with the surface of the glasses; the little white rectangular block within it is not visible.

Is it possible what we are getting is not according to specs?

May you people with access to the DLPL and IR version check and report, please?
post #209 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Mine came in quick - Well, overall - I ordered 12/17 and they shipped 12/21 and I received them yesterday 12/27 - and Im on the East Coast.
post #210 of 491 Old 12-28-2010, 01:05 PM
XRA

I didn't notice on the site a choice for DLP or IR. Are the Ultra-Clears for the Mitsubishi TVs automatically DLP-Link? I sent an email clarifying I needed DLP Link glasses. It was the Razor 3Ds for Samsung/Mitsubishi that I ordered.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page